Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Filipino forced to pay 500 pesos for "bullets" found in her luggage at NAIA

And another tourist asked to pay 35 000 pesos for a similar thing.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...assengers-naia

It's against the airline's law to carry ammunition.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

It reads to me that the bullets were planted by the security staff in order to get a back hander.
    Lesson 1, never let anyone else open your bag as you don't know what they've got concealed in their hand

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    It reads to me that the bullets were planted by the security staff in order to get a back hander.
    Lesson 1, never let anyone else open your bag as you don't know what they've got concealed in their hand
    Hmm, ... if that is, indeed, the case, then it's a pretty low down, *underhand trick [*literally] - for the sake of making a "fast buck" - thereby tarnishing a traveller's immigration record in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    It's against the airline's law to carry ammunition.
    The articles indicate the bullets were planted in the travellers Bags to force them to pay a bribe.

Respected Member
    I was forced to pay a bribe at NAIA just because i was taking out over 200 cigarettes
    This was just inside the airport immediately after passing through the luggage scanner
    Done in full view of everyone i was kind of gobsmacked
    They take your passport and then look at the departure screens and ask you what flight you are on
    Pay up sunny jim or your not flying anywhere is all part of the scam
    The senior policeman demanded 2000 and i managed to barter it down to 1000
    The bribe was described as "for me and the boys" the guys on the scanner are all in on it

You are in a lose lose situation with these scamming beggars don't pay up and they wont let you fly

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    I was forced to pay a bribe at NAIA just because i was taking out over 200 cigarettes
    This was just inside the airport immediately after passing through the luggage scanner
    Done in full view of everyone i was kind of gobsmacked
    They take your passport and then look at the departure screens and ask you what flight you are on
    Pay up sunny jim or your not flying anywhere is all part of the scam
    The senior policeman demanded 2000 and i managed to barter it down to 1000
    The bribe was described as "for me and the boys" the guys on the scanner are all in on it

You are in a lose lose situation with these scamming beggars don't pay up and they wont let you fly
    its doesnt have anything to do with policemen or scanner operators so if you give in to their bribes then your just as bad as them -u could have left the 200 cigarettes to them instead -anyway since your only allowed to bring 200 into the uk -whos to say you wouldnt have to tax on those in uk - i brought 600 with me last time and nobody bribed me .

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    its doesnt have anything to do with policemen or scanner operators so if you give in to their bribes then your just as bad as them -u could have left the 200 cigarettes to them instead -anyway since your only allowed to bring 200 into the uk -whos to say you wouldnt have to tax on those in uk - i brought 600 with me last time and nobody bribed me .
    Like usual you jump in with both feet without engaging the gray matter

My luggage was not even opened and they certainly did not want any cigarettes
    The cigarettes were spotted by the scanner operator who called the police over
    You think if i just handed over 200 cigarettes they would just let me walk away
    If i had have handed the cigarettes over then for sure something else would been planted on me because they would have gone all out to get me and conducted a thorough search
    As if getting out of bribes is just as simple as saying no

They want money not the cigarettes

Instead of just jumping on other peoples posts with stupid childish point scoring comments why don't you actually post something of interest yourself

Trusted Member
    Thank goodness I look as poor as I am.

If i had have handed the cigarettes over then for sure something else would been planted on me because they would have gone all out to get me and conducted a thorough search

Instead of just jumping on other peoples posts with stupid childish point scoring comments why don't you actually post something of interest yourself
    So by saying Irishman12 jumped in with both feet, and then defending your own argument with a hypothetical situation, makes your argument meaningless.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member

yes im sure they wanted money -so if they had asked for 5000 peso instead of 2000 -would you bargain them down to 3000 ?its the childish people that give into these scams thats making the country known for this ,if you didnt happen to have money -then they would have arrested you and put you in prison? come on grow a pair of balls and stick up for yourself

Respected Member
    hmm -i dont think i scored any points from my comment but somebody had the genorisity to give me a comment A pathetic troll with no brains, i wont respond to you in future dumbass -

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
    So by saying Irishman12 jumped in with both feet, and then defending your own argument with a hypothetical situation, makes your argument meaningless.
    It may have been a hypothetical situation and of course anything could have happened
    Implying that i could have just handed over some cigarettes and then walked away scot free is ridiculous

We are dealing with scamming thieves here who have the protection of a police uniform and they wont hesitate to use all their powers available

Respected Member
    yes im sure they wanted money -so if they had asked for 5000 peso instead of 2000 -would you bargain them down to 3000 ?its the childish people that give into these scams thats making the country known for this ,if you didnt happen to have money -then they would have arrested you and put you in prison? come on grow a pair of balls and stick up for yourself
    If only it was that easy and i had a plane to catch and they happened to be holding my passport
    Its me against the whole of security at NAIA
    I don't get involved in fights i know i cant win
    Taking a gung ho attitude with these types will backfire badly
    Security at all airports hold all the aces

Sometimes in life you just have to swallow and keep your mouth buttoned

Corruption has always been rife in NAIA,its par for the course,thats why i always avoid whenever possible flying into or out of Manila,you get one chance to make a first impression and manila and NAIA fail dismally to shine
    On the subject of NAIA and its employees,who do immigration take it upon themselves to sometimes deny pinoy citizens the right to fly to thailand or cambodia even though they are have valid tickets and funds to cover their trip,whats that about?

Trusted Member
    On the plus side...there is now a 'poriner passport only' quick queue at NAIA...plus...speedy free wifi in the lounges ! Miles better than the rubbish wifi at Manchester airport, for instance.

I came through on Friday and it was a breeze...apart from forgetting to put my favourite little screwdriver in my checked-in bag, and having it confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I came through on Friday and it was a breeze...apart from forgetting to put my favourite little screwdriver in my checked-in bag, and having it confiscated.
    Let's hope it's being cared for in it's new home.

This story has grown and grown,quite a number of people have had bullets planted at NAIA apparently,davao mayor duterte said if anyone tries to plant rounds at davao airport he will make them eat the bullets,its more fun in the phillipines

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

If they found a bullet in my luggage that I didn't pack and I got away with just paying 500.00 Peso I would think myself pretty lucky..
    Pay first..Ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    This story has grown and grown,quite a number of people have had bullets planted at NAIA apparently,davao mayor duterte said if anyone tries to plant rounds at davao airport he will make them eat the bullets,its more fun in the phillipines
    This may sound bonkers but many older Filipino`s actually pack bullets when travelling for good luck!!
    I`m willing to bet that very few in % terms are planted.

When I left Cebu on Sunday I was quite worried about this.

Doesn't seem to have hit Cebu at the moment.

Cebu Mactan has changed since my last visit. The xray screening has moved from before the gate, to before immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    And another tourist asked to pay 35 000 pesos for a similar thing.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...assengers-naia
    Latest on the American's case

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2016/...-baseless.html

Thread Information