Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Want my sister for a visit... Help!

Hi guys, since me and my husband can't go home we're planning to let my sister visit us here for 6mons. My questions are;

1. Visa type she needs to apply? Is it the standard visa now?
    2. Am confused how long it should be, is it the 1yr.? But she won't be staying here that long though.
    3. Payment? Is it the £85 plus the over £300 for the 1 yr . Visa even if she won't stay that long here?
    4. Is it ok to use the house of my in laws for her accomodation? Coz we're still on the waiting list for the application of the council house as we're still living in 1 bedroom flat.
    5. Does she still need to have money in her bank acc.even if we will be the sponsor for her visit here? My husband is working full time and earn £24k a yr. And am working part time as well but I earn just £8k a yr . And we have 1 son.
    5. Me and my husband been married for 2 yrs. Now and am just holding a spousal visa and I need to apply for an extension by june 2017. Will that be ok to bring her here for a visit?
    6. Any idea for the documents that we need to send her back home for her application? She will hopefully apply by jan. 2016 and be here by april....
    7.My sister works in a call center she's beennout of the country 3x first was singapore second was hongkong and the last place she visit was Finland. Will this help her application too?

Any help would be a great!
    Sorry guys it's a bit long....

Mariam������

Hi Mariam
    Yes it's now called Standard Visitor Visa following the restructure of many different types.

Here's the UKVI webpage that hopefully will answer your questions:-
    Please be sure to review and to follow all those internal links

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

The maximum she can stay is 6 months and the application fee is £85
    The long term visa is rather expensive. Means the visa will be valid for 1,2,5 or 10 but still only allow 6 months per visit.

It's a big advantage having visited other countries as she has a history of returning home.

You find a link to the required documents etc in the UKVI webpage

Based on the information you shared it shouldn't be a problem.
    Will she remain employed or will she quit her job ?
    Better to remain employed.

Hi Terpe thank u for ur nonstop help.
    What I know is she want to stop working if the visa will be approve as she wants to move to Davao by the time she'll be back from UK and apply in a call center again. Does she needs to have a money in her bank acc.?Even we are her sponsors for her visit here?
    And the house of my in laws it's owned as well with 3 bedrooms and it's just the parents of my husband who's staying there. Any particular docs we need from his parents?

Thank u for clearing my confusion about the visa payment Terpe...
    Love is the sweetest disease ever!!!

Mariam, if she not in employment on the date of her application it's a negative and may go against her. She had better make her application around the max 3 months in advance of the date she intends entering the UK.

As I'm sure you know decision making for visit visa can be highly subjective so it's very important not to give any reason for UKVI to doubt anything about the application.

You should prepare a good letter of invitation/support stating:-
    - your address in the UK
    - your relationship with your visitor
    - the purpose of the visit
    - the dates of the visit and the details of where they will be staying
    - the support you'll be providing in terms of financial assistance

If you're intending to provide full financiall sponsorship you must say so and must show that she'll have adequate funding for the full duration of the visit.
    I'd highly recommend you provide:-

- 6 months Bank statements
    - 6 months pay slips
    - Proof of address (eg utility bill, Council Tax etc)
    - Accommodation details (including owner's agreement / rental agreement etc)
    - Sponsors passport copy (Photo page, any relevante and stamping page)
    - P60 (if available)
    - The main reasons for wanting the applicant to travel at the specific time

Your sister should also consider providing:-

- A letter from her employer granting leave of absence for a specified period - the letter should also say how long she has been employed by that employer, in what job(s), and when expected back at work
    - evidence of any property she owns in her home country
    - evidence of any family or social ties and responsibilities to return home to
    - bank statements going back over a period of several months
    - evidence of savings/funds available to her during your stay

The first and foremost thing that needs to be kept in mind when applying for a visa for UK, is that there must be an intention to return to the home country.

The absolute keys are going to be:-

- Reasons to return home that outweigh reasons to stay
    - Financials

Reasons to return home and strong/complelling ties differ from country to country, city to city, individual to individual.
    Some examples of ties can be a job, a house, social and family relationships, a bank account, possessions etc
    The ECO will be looking to see what aspects of the applicants life bind that them to their country outweigh those aspects that may cause them to be unwilling to return to home, or attempt to change /extend their visa status.

Please do look at the UKVI supporting documents guide:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...2__-_CLEAN.pdf

Thanks for the very detailed answer Terpe .
    She will still be working by the time she'll apply for the visa until she will almost fly to come here in the UK, hopefully fingers crossed on that.
    But I doubt it that her work will let her leave for 6mons. in the end she still need to resign. But not until she is about to fly here.
    She will apply by january next yr. And hopefully be here by April.

Quote Originally Posted by McGregor03 View Post
    Thanks for the very detailed answer Terpe .
    She will still be working by the time she'll apply for the visa until she will almost fly to come here in the UK, hopefully fingers crossed on that.
    But I doubt it that her work will let her leave for 6mons. in the end she still need to resign. But not until she is about to fly here.
    She will apply by january next yr. And hopefully be here by April.
    Good luck to you all

Thank you again Terpe.. You're such a great help...
    Cheers!
    Mariam

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Good luck to you all
    That's another fine job you've done Peter, good stuff

Hi guys, just need a lil help. My sister will apply for a standard visitor visa this mon. am confused where to find the online form for her to fill in can someone direct or give the link for it? I haven't been updated myself for awhile with visa matters( busy watching my boy and working ��) Hope someone could help me here.
    On the otherhand we are living in a single bedroom flat as we are waiting for the council to offer a double bedroom house for us til now but my mother in law is happy and willing to offer her 3 bedroom house that they own for my sister, will that be okay? My mum in law will provide a letter for her accomodation and will provide the deeds of the house. It's just a 5mins. Drive from where we stay at the moment. Will that be okay? THANKS!

Respected Member
    A friends girlfriend is going through similar situation, any idea on what amount of savings a visitor should have if she's fully sponsored??

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    A friends girlfriend is going through similar situation, any idea on what amount of savings a visitor should have if she's fully sponsored??
    The Visa Applicant must have access to 'adequate' funding for the entire duration of the trip. This can be via friends/family or solely by the applicant.

I sponsored my wife's sisters on two occasions solely via my own bank account savings without any issues.

Hope that helps

Thread Information