Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Badgers

Badgers

I have a Badger that is absolutely ruining my Lawn, almost every night he digs for worms, and Im at a loss as to how i can stop this darned nuisance doing further damage..

take my dog for a holiday, he is a Manchester terrier...everything steers clear of our garden now

Do they hate water ?

you can buy those water sprayers that have a movement sensor and activate a spray on movement.

I don't know if the ultrasonic cat deterrent products would work with a badger.

Scotch bonnet chilli's finely chopped and scattered around your lawn ?

https://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocato...31036&mode=prd

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Do they hate water ?

you can buy those water sprayers that have a movement sensor and activate a spray on movement.

I don't know if the ultrasonic cat deterrent products would work with a badger.

Scotch bonnet chilli's finely chopped and scattered around your lawn ?

https://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocato...31036&mode=prd
    Scotch bonnet....your wicked.....

Badgers are grubbing up your lawn for worms and grubs,thats their diet mainly.Very difficult to control with the law being what it is,in the old days you could shoot them and they were used for shaving brushes and sporrans north of the border Ultrasonic detterents do not work and the average badger would make pretty short work of a pet terrier,look at their jaws and dentition Your going to have to beef up your perimeter fence,and even then if they want in they are coming in,thats just how it is

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Use chicken wire to stop it getting in.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Thats a nuisance H - how about lobbying your MP to have a cull zone established in your garden

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Badgers are grubbing up your lawn for worms and grubs,thats their diet mainly.Very difficult to control with the law being what it is,in the old days you could shoot them and they were used for shaving brushes and sporrans north of the border Ultrasonic detterents do not work and the average badger would make pretty short work of a pet terrier,look at their jaws and dentition Your going to have to beef up your perimeter fence,and even then if they want in they are coming in,thats just how it is
    It would have to catch him first, I have never seen a dog as quick as him

As you may recall i lost my Dog some months ago, he usually chased the nuisance Badger off on the few occasions that they met when we had been out and came back whilst he was in the Garden, Greyhounds dont have any fear of live stuff, but i was often worried about any damage that may have been done to Sammy when they had these scuffles. I suspect that also the smell of Sammy around the place used to keep the dreaded Badger away, but now he has free run of the place.
    Thanks for the suggestions it looks as though i am going to have my work cut out to keep him/them out, and it could be costly, i have already seen him on top of the garden shed so they seem to be agile, also they will be able to dig under any additional fencing, i have thought about ultra sound, also as i live alongside a Canal and opposite a Nature reserve none of which will be helping my case for stopping the intruders. Grrrrrrr dammed things.

Here`s a DIY Mace recipe.. Just follow the instructions and use the hottest chili`s you can find.. this one is for squirrels but it should work well on Badgers too..
    I use the recipe for making hot sauce..

http://www.instructables.com/id/Squi...ne-repellent./

Sonic devices are rubbish. Try http://www.pestrepellersonline.co.uk...FSTmwgodGL4DZA

However, you seem to live in a wildlife area, so you should be more acceptant of them. We are on their territory. We spend a lot of money on keeping domestic cats out of our garden so that the squirrels, badgers, hedgehogs, bird, etc can use it safely.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Thread Information