Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Residence card issue

hi guys,

i am happy to say my wife is now here in the uk with me after nearly 2 years apart.

she is here on an era family permit visa, as I am Irish, living here in uk practising freedom of movement.

my wife is no putting her residence card application together, for which she must submit both our passports.

Unlike for the EEA family permit visa, it does appear as if I(the sponsor) can submit a certified copy of my passport as a substitute of the real passport.

Have a look here to see what I mean: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-re...u-must-provide

I need my passport at all times for business travel, has anyone got any ideas of how I get around this issue?

Thanks,
    ed

We just applied for FLR for my wife and there was an option to photo copy every page of your passport and not send your passport in. Every page will have your passport number on it so i am sure they can check it is all valid. Here i copy and paste the wording for you.

'Your partner’s immigration status
    Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages."

thanks rory, can you send me the direct link?

the residence card my wife is applying for is slightly different, have a look here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-re...u-must-provide

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    We just applied for FLR for my wife and there was an option to photo copy every page of your passport and not send your passport in. Every page will have your passport number on it so i am sure they can check it is all valid. Here i copy and paste the wording for you.

'Your partner’s immigration status
    Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages."

All looks very similar to what we went had to do. I will sent you the link from where i took the information from. Go to section 13 of the link under Documents, page 61-62.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...R_M__04-15.pdf

I do not know if this will help you. Might be better to email them direct and enquire with your circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    I need my passport at all times for business travel, has anyone got any ideas of how I get around this issue?
    It's not mandatory to submit your passport. You have options.
    Look to section 2.13 & 2.14 of the application form

Thread Information