Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Booking a room in Manila: difference between booking.com and AirBnb

Hello,
    I'll travel soon to Philippines for the first time and I'm planning to stay for a week in Manila.
    I'm searching for a room now, for two people, and I was looking on Booking.com and AirBnb.
    On AirBnb seems there are cheaper room and with €25 / night I can get a very nice room for two people. Booking.com looks like is more expensive.
    Do you know why? What's the difference? Can I trust AirBnb?
    Thank you,
    Andrea

Which part of Manila is it in?

Never used AirBnb. I usually use Agoda.

A standard room in the Oasis Paco Park Hotel is fairly cheap, as it is at a few establishments close to the airport.

https://www.oasispark.com/

I have used Air B'n'B a few times this trip (not Philippines) had a great place with an infinity pool. I find the apartment/house descriptions accurate

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I've used Air BnB on my last 3 visits and haven't had any problems. Admittedly I know what area I want to stay and I'm not interested in any places without reviews.

Hitting from the other side of the fence here...We dont use Booking.com and most of our bookings are accepted via Airbnb..Excellent outfit as far as we are concerned!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello, sorry for the late reply Thank you for all your advice, much appreciated

I've booked on AirBnb at the end.. Prices are very good and I've chosen a place with a lot of good reviews (more than 1000), so it should be good probably. I'm going to spend something like 35$ for two people, in a small studio, in a building with free swimming pool. Sounds good, haha

Thanks again.

Thread Information