Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation ILR application timeline!!! Start June 8 2015...

Hi is anybody here just applied for ILR???

ILR TIMELINE!!!

June 8 2015 = ILR application sent together all the . documents.

June 10 2015 = £1500 off my direct debit.

June 11 2015 = £1500 pay out confirmation to Home . office.

June 12 2015 = Email confirmation from Home office . . receiving my application.

June 13 2015 = Received Biometric Letter . . . . requesting for my biometric scan.

June 15 2015 = Biometric done! now just waiting.... hope . .. it won't take very long to hear from them . . again as all the documents specially .. . passports are still in their hands...

more info. to come....

My wife applied in January this year and after answering a few silly queries from the Home Office, ILR was issued in April so well within their suggested timeframe. Citizenship applied for last month so we will see how long that takes now.

Thanks Malchard888.... but I thought you were not allowed to apply for citizenship until you had been on ILR for at least 1 year???? Then after a year on ILR, she's entitled to apply for citizenship.... w/c will be next year on April???

Quote Originally Posted by georose View Post
    Thanks Malchard888.... but I thought you were not allowed to apply for citizenship until you had been on ILR for at least 1 year???? Then after a year on ILR, she's entitled to apply for citizenship.... w/c will be next year on April???
    Not so for spouses of British Citizens.

They only need to have lived in the UK 3 years before being eligible to apply and need to be free of immigration time restrictions (means hold ILR) on the date of their application.

Of course all the other stuff like Life in UK, B1 level English and residency requirements need to be met.

That's my understanding too Terpe, they have acknowledged receipt of the application and cashed my cheque so just the usual waiting game now I think.

Hi Terpe.... so it means when i received my ILR anytime i can apply for citizenship???? i just applied my ILR 2weeks ago and just waiting for it. I been living in UK for 5 years and 2months. I been married for 8 years now with 5 year old son who is British. Just a little confused..... Please help....

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    That's my understanding too Terpe, they have acknowledged receipt of the application and cashed my cheque so just the usual waiting game now I think.
    And mine, also, Malcolm. Whereas time spent in the UK as a *fiance(e) does NOT count towards the residence period required (previously 2 years - and now 5 yrs under New Rules) prior to applying for ILR ... *it IS included in the eligibility timescale when applying for British Citizenship.

Hi Terpe.... so it means when I received my ILR anytime I can apply for citizenship???? I just applied my ILR 2 weeks ago and just waiting for it. I been living in UK for 5 years and 2 months. I been married for 8 years now with 5 year old son who is British.
    Yes it does, Rose ... due to living in the UK for as long as you already have. And - assuming of course, you're able to afford the extra cost - you can apply ANYTIME after being granted ILR.

Just a little confused ..... Please help .....
    Whilst the Immigration System can be extremely confusing - all the more so, due to the ever~changing rules - there's no need for you to worry any longer as you are now on the right track. Having said that, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best with the ILR.

Latest situation with my wife's citizenship application is that they now want her biometrics once again which now means they will have taken them four times, once in Manila and from tomorrow 3 times here for FLR, ILR and now citizenship at around £20 each time. Why on earth is this waste of everyone's time necessary or even relevant or don't they record this information on their computer database?

AUGUST 19 2015 AFTER 10WEEKS AND 2DAYS WAITING I FINALLY RECIEVED MY ILR BIOMETRIC CARD!!! omggg but still not recieved all my documents specially my hubby & O passpprt.....

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    AUGUST 19 2015 AFTER 10WEEKS AND 2DAYS WAITING I FINALLY RECIEVED MY ILR BIOMETRIC CARD!!! omggg but still not recieved all my documents specially my hubby & O passpprt.....
    SUPERB.........

Now for Citizenship and the coveted golden nugget, the BRITISH Passport...

yes Marksroomspain.... but my documents and passport still not arrived....

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    yes Marksroomspain.... but my documents and passport still not arrived....
    You didn't use checking service

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations Rose, well done

Thread Information