Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

View Poll Results: Would You Fly To The Philippines With China Southern Airlines?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

6 75.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Only used cathay and Singapore so far on the five times I have been. Both similar experiences but do like the A380. I do go to Cebu though.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Only used cathay and Singapore so far on the five times I have been. Both similar experiences but do like the A380. I do go to Cebu though.
    Do try Qatar if your budget is tight as they are very good indeed, I've used them many times and found them very reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Do try Qatar if your budget is tight as they are very good indeed, I've used them many times and found them very reliable
    Yes will do mate.

The only things is do they fly to Cebu with only one stop ?

Thats the thing about singapore and cathay. It's only 1 stop so convenient.

Yes will do mate.

The only things is do they fly to Cebu with only one stop ?

Thats the thing about singapore and cathay. It's only 1 stop so convenient.
    All the flights I've ever used are one stop, never known any with more than one stop Cheekee, who does more than one stop? would be interested to know

All the flights I've ever used are one stop, never known any with more than one stop Cheekee, who does more than one stop? would be interested to know
    China Southern, funnily enough

I fly to cebu as that is where my wife was. I would have to fly two stops with certain airlines as they only fly to manila so I would do the one stop journey to manila and then to cebu making two stopovers. That's why I normally fly Cathay or Singapore. Qatar as far as I know only fly to manila not cebu. That would mean changing airlines at manila to say cebu Pacific for the journey from manila to cebu.

I fly to cebu as that is where my wife was. I would have to fly two stops with certain airlines as they only fly to manila so I would do the one stop journey to manila and then to cebu making two stopovers. That's why I normally fly Cathay or Singapore. Qatar as far as I know only fly to manila not cebu. That would mean changing airlines at manila to say cebu Pacific for the journey from manila to cebu.
    Yes Qatar and Singapore fly to Cebu because I fly to Cebu then catch a Ceres Bus from Cebu south bus terminal to Dumaguete!

Emirates now fly to Cebu, so there's another option

Almost all airlines who service Philippines fly to Cebu!

AirAsia - Kuala Lumpur

AirAsia Zest - Manila, Seoul–Incheon

AirSWIFT - El Nido

Air Busan - Busan

Asiana Airlines - Seoul–Incheon

Cathay Pacific - Hong Kong

Cebgo - Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin, Caticlan, Dipolog, Dumaguete, Iloilo, Legazpi, Manila, Pagadian, Siargao, Surigao, Tacloban, Tandag

Cebu Pacific - Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Clark, Davao, General Santos, Hong Kong, Iloilo, Kalibo, Manila, Ozamiz, Puerto Princesa, Seoul–Incheon, Singapore, Taipei-Taoyuan, Tokyo–Narita, Zamboanga

Emirates - Dubai

EVA Air - Taipei–Taoyuan

Jeju Air - Seoul–Incheon

Jin Air - Busan, Seoul–Incheon

Korean Air - Seoul–Incheon

Philippine Airlines -Los Angeles, Manila, Nagoya–Centrair, Osaka–Kansai, Seoul–Incheon, Tokyo–Narita

PAL Express - Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Iloilo, Manila, Tacloban

SilkAir - Singapore

Tigerair - Singapore

XiamenAir - Xiamen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mactan...tional_Airport

No Qatar

Yes Qatar and Singapore fly to Cebu because I fly to Cebu then catch a Ceres Bus from Cebu south bus terminal to Dumaguete!
    Thats a bit of a trip,done it loads of times as its constant forward motion towards the destination,but sometimes its just as easy to get a cebu-larena boat

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Thats a bit of a trip,done it loads of times as its constant forward motion towards the destination,but sometimes its just as easy to get a cebu-larena boat
    The bus is only p200 and it takes 5 hours

Does the bus go on the RORO ferry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    AirAsia - Kuala Lumpur

AirAsia Zest - Manila, Seoul–Incheon

AirSWIFT - El Nido

Air Busan - Busan

Asiana Airlines - Seoul–Incheon

Cathay Pacific - Hong Kong

Cebgo - Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin, Caticlan, Dipolog, Dumaguete, Iloilo, Legazpi, Manila, Pagadian, Siargao, Surigao, Tacloban, Tandag

Cebu Pacific - Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Clark, Davao, General Santos, Hong Kong, Iloilo, Kalibo, Manila, Ozamiz, Puerto Princesa, Seoul–Incheon, Singapore, Taipei-Taoyuan, Tokyo–Narita, Zamboanga

Emirates - Dubai

EVA Air - Taipei–Taoyuan

Jeju Air - Seoul–Incheon

Jin Air - Busan, Seoul–Incheon

Korean Air - Seoul–Incheon

Philippine Airlines -Los Angeles, Manila, Nagoya–Centrair, Osaka–Kansai, Seoul–Incheon, Tokyo–Narita

PAL Express - Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Iloilo, Manila, Tacloban

SilkAir - Singapore

Tigerair - Singapore

XiamenAir - Xiamen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mactan...tional_Airport

No Qatar
    Exactly.

Whenever I have searched flights to cebu, Qatar never showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Emirates now fly to Cebu, so there's another option
    Thanks Simon.

You have flown with Qatar direct to cebu with one stop?

May I ask when?

When I have searched they never have come up.

At Mactan airport there is no Qatar check in desks.

Only SilkAir, Singapore and Cathay in the international lounge. I think Tigerair use the SilkAir one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Does the bus go on the RORO ferry?
    Yes most certainly does

Just seen flights going with Qatar from Birmingham to Manila at the end of May for £437 with just one change in Doha.

You have flown with Qatar direct to cebu with one stop?

May I ask when?

When I have searched they never have come up.

At Mactan airport there is no Qatar check in desks.

Only SilkAir, Singapore and Cathay in the international lounge. I think Tigerair use the SilkAir one.
    Last year used Cathay and the year before used Qatar also used Qatar when Maritess and I came here. Just checked with Qatar and they stopped Cebu 2 years ago, hmmm that's very disappointing, well never mind we'll book Singapore later this year

Another option getting to Cebu is to sort out a Manila flight first then separately book a cheap promo return to Cebu with Cebu Pacific or Air Asia.

I know mate,but twice now taking that bus i have met odd women

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    I know mate,but twice now taking that bus i have met odd women
    Oy ! You can't just leave us hanging like that !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Oy ! You can't just leave us hanging like that !
    Your right Graham, dying to know what is an odd woman?

Ladyboy?

Your right Graham, dying to know what is an odd woman?
    An odd woman is someone who starts the trip as a total stranger but ends it trying to be very good friends One woman said she felt sleepy and asked could she rest her head on my lap theoughout the journey the world is filled with strange folks.

An odd woman is someone who starts the trip as a total stranger but ends it trying to be very good friends One woman said she felt sleepy and asked could she rest her head on my lap theoughout the journey the world is filled with strange folks.
    Love it, love it, love it

I had the same experience once, a young lady fell asleep on my shoulder for about three hours of the journey, I never thought she was odd I just thought she was sensible and I enjoyed it

I had the same experience once, a young lady fell asleep on my shoulder for about three hours of the journey, I never thought she was odd I just thought she was sensible and I enjoyed it
    I was on the ferry from dumaguete to siquijor town years ago,a lady made very overt gestures towards me,she was sitting right beside me so it was hard to ignore but ignore i did,as the boat slowed at that pier in siquijor she made a last ditch effort and placed her hand firmly on my thigh she must have mistaken me for George Clooney OR thought i was rich
    As for your lady who fell asleep on your shoulder,knowing my luck if someone did that to me they would have dribbled down my T-shirt like a baby

I was on the ferry from dumaguete to siquijor town years ago,a lady made very overt gestures towards me,she was sitting right beside me so it was hard to ignore but ignore i did,as the boat slowed at that pier in siquijor she made a last ditch effort and placed her hand firmly on my thigh she must have mistaken me for George Clooney OR thought i was rich
    As for your lady who fell asleep on your shoulder,knowing my luck if someone did that to me they would have dribbled down my T-shirt like a baby
    You do say some funny things, really makes me smile

Yup,me thinking i might have been mistaken for George Clooney is kind of funny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information