Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Never been to Siquijor but i have l lots of friends in dumagetee, if thats how you spell it.
    I know most Brits and Americans in Dumaguete, they mostly hang around at 'Why Not'

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Siquijor michael?You probably went there the same time i did,late 80's-early 90's and there was no paved road around it and no private cars?When brian and lucky had paradise beach at sandugan?
    Yes, I remember before the arterial road was built, but never did know Brian and Lucky

I loved it all.. I loved the craziness of Manila, and the seclusion of a small resort on Siquior Island. I loved going out to bars in Cebu and Manila, and I loved listening to the waves crash on to the shore in Samal. So many places I haven't been yet, so it's hard to say

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I know most Brits and Americans in Dumaguete, they mostly hang around at 'Why Not'
    I always avoid the "Why-Not" michael its frequented by some odd characters

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I will ask a few friends about this place and if it was them that you did see there drinking away or just chatting.
    Is it a drinking hole , i am not a drinker give me a cup of tea anytime and i would be happy as a pig in muck.
    Brother in law tried to ply me with this drink once but i could not drink it at all, but the more he poured the more went down the sink until Emma told him Steve will not drink it.

I will ask a few friends about this place and if it was them that you did see there drinking away or just chatting.
    Is it a drinking hole , i am not a drinker give me a cup of tea anytime and i would be happy as a pig in muck.
    Brother in law tried to ply me with this drink once but i could not drink it at all, but the more he poured the more went down the sink until Emma told him Steve will not drink it.

The "Why-not" always has a rep for the place where you go if you want to pick up prostitutes,in fact there used to be a tricycle parked outside with girls sitting waiting in it for customers,i only ever went in once and thougt Nope,not my sort of place,there used to be a disco out the back originally,i dont know if its still there?You get a lot of older ex-pats sitting there eyeing up young ladies walking past,its just not the sort of place i felt comfortable,some like it some dont,like yourself i am teetotal,a cup of tea person

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by yulie & jeff View Post
    My favorite place in the Philippines is Cebu City I feel very safe there and also the people in Cebu City is very religious. The beaches is very close to the City all the adventures is very close in Cebu City too. You can take a motorbike joyride to go to Busay road awesome view very nice fresh air. other than Cebu I don't feel safe in Manila, and Mindanao.
    Hi. We are planning to go to Cebu this coming august. Can you suggest places there we can visit. We are with our children and we want them to enjoy too. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Janedan0913 View Post
    Hi. We are planning to go to Cebu this coming august. Can you suggest places there we can visit. We are with our children and we want them to enjoy too. Thanks.
    A 2 day trip to Bohol or longer for starters!! (Sorry..I dislike Cebu and have no recommendations)

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    A 2 day trip to Bohol or longer for starters!! (Sorry..I dislike Cebu and have no recommendations)
    2 days is not long enough at all, now if it was me 2 months would be nice, and 2 years would be a dream, so much to see so much to do and nothing to do sometimes , thats my way of looking at Bohol,
    Dream on Steve dream on

It's a restaurant, Café, bar, grocery shop(very nice one too) and Disco, never been to Bar Or Disco because I never go out at night And still don't

Yes michael,i checked the website earlier,its changed a lot,they have a deli and a cafe,they only had the disco and bar years ago,looks like its expanded,good idea not going in there at night.

It's a restaurant, Café, bar, grocery shop(very nice one too) and Disco, never been to Bar Or Disco because I never go out at night And still don't
    Your not in Kansas anymore Michael it's safe to go out at night, use your car if you don't want to walk.

Your not in Kansas anymore Michael it's safe to go out at night, use your car if you don't want to walk.
    Nothing to go out for apart from walking, when the light nights are here I will walk along the canal or work in the garden always find jobs to do even polish my wheelie bins and UPVC window frames or polish the car, always something to do

Always keep active michael,you know its good for you

Always keep active michael,you know its good for you
    Some people laugh when I tell them I'll be around another 20 years+ providing I don't get shot down with a terminal illness I'll be around longer then I'll see how many who laughed are not here

Some people laugh when I tell them I'll be around another 20 years+ providing I don't get shot down with a terminal illness I'll be around longer then I'll see how many who laughed are not here
    When our time is up it's up, nothing you or I can do about it, look at some of the fittest people around who seemed to have died so young.
    Do all you can when you can because tomorrow may never come.

tomorrow may never come.

My favourite place used to be Baguio.

Well, I'm still actively looking but so far my personal favourite place in the Philippines, so far, remains Itbayat Island (Batanes)
    It was a while ago for my first and only visit. I would like to go back but it's a really difficult place to get to.

On a personal level, I fell in love with the place and really would have liked to stay. I honestly can't imagine my wife liking it much though apart from a holiday adventure.

If you fancy disappearing from the radar to a beautiful hideaway then Itbayat Island has to be getting towards the top of the list.

I actually feel safer in mindanao than anywhere else in pinas,but i dont find cebu threatening even at night around junquera,it is what it is.
    Even in Tawi-Tawi, Tawi? It doesn't seem to faze you going down that way.

I am probably the only member of this forum who has ever been to Tawi-Tawi. Didn't faze me then, did the back door trip with the badjao across to Sabah, stayed in Sitangkai for a while before doing the nocturnal crossing,came back to pinas with a load of i-i's...... happy days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information