Hi all,

We are now about to finally apply as an unmarried partner. I have already posted my initial inquiries last year and have been answered by some of you, and that really helped me be certain of a lot of things, except for this, the P60.

Initially, we were just to provide the 6 months payslips for an application under Category A (non-salaried) wherein the computation for meeting the financial requirement of 18.6k is as follows:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment

But he was given his P60 recently. And it seems that it does not meet the 18.6k requirement, now I got confused.

Facts: His employment started last May 22, 2014.
His P60 indicated a 18.4k for Tax year up to 5 April 2015.

Since it states that the P60 covers his earnings from May 2014 only up to April 5,2015, this would mean that it does not total to a 12 month pay cycle thus the amount is only 18.4k.

Question: - should i submit the P60 knowing that it indicates an 18.4k only as yearly income
- would they be able to determine that the amount would actually meet the requirement if they will include
his May 2015 pay? considering that the P60 only is up to April 5, 2015.
- how will they compute meeting the financial requirement then? will it be the formula indicated above using
the previous 6 months from date of application? or I have read (just recently) that they will use the lowest
amount of pay in the 6 month period?

I am hoping for anyone to enlighten me with this before I do submit my application.

Thank you.