Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

CFO new questions, requirements May 2015

Hi
    They are turning those away who don't have good proof of relationship:

Skype or email logs, pictures, tickets together for travel
    Also need knowledge of
    Partners His /her :
    Birthday
    religion
    work or
    business details: what, how, where
    birthplace
    parents names
    Childrens names
    mothers maiden name
    government issued I/d pictures as per on cfo website
    my fiancé had to reapply due to nno confirmation sent after first time application was submitted
    I told her re submit, then she got confirmation
    this info based on what was asked yesterday at CFO Manila, several applicants had to go away with no sticker, mainly on lack of relationship evidence it seems

Respected Member
    Apologies too, I think this is in wrong section

Thank you, Timi ... for alerting forum members to those latest changes in the CFO requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    Apologies too, I think this is in wrong section.
    Yes, you're correct in your thinking ... and so I've moved this thread to the category that deals with 'Asian Immigration & Visa Issues'.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Actually, the ones you listed above has been asked in the past (based on my interview). Some members here even had to call their hubby/partners for answers in case they will be asked such questions. Although I haven't heard of anyone being turned away during the interview. I think the new thing you just said was the chat logs. They haven't asked me (or anyone I know) of such.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Hi Arthur thankyou to you and all who helped Steff and I ,she's got visa now but its to uk, perhaps this thread could go to Uk/Europe section
    and sorry I couldn't get the original post to go in uk immigration
    sorry if I was inept

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Moved this to the right section.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Moved this to the right section.
    Tbh ... I swithered over this and thought (still think) I'd transferred it to the right section ... as Timi's friend, Steff is, as of this moment, still in the Philppines!

Hence, 'Asian (for CFO) Immigration & Visa issues'.

But ... ... who am I to argue ... since I suppose actually, either
    category would've sufficed.

Respected Member
    hopefully flying here uk on Friday , largely thanks to you, Peter,Raynaputi and so many who are a godsend to such as us
    thankyou all you moderators and long standing advisors, and all who help run the site

Trusted Member
    Congratulations to you both anyway, and she'll be just in time for (hopefully) some nice warm sunny weather. ....And thanks for the update.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Partners His /her :
    Birthday
    religion
    work or
    birthplace
    parents names
    Children’s names
    mothers maiden name

But be aware.

When they ask that type of question they have no idea what the answers should be, so you could say anything. That is, say anything, other than, you do not know. If in doubt, make something up.

PS I just read this reply to my wife. I had not been aware of the extent of the questions she was asked In 2006. They included, what was my mother's telephone number in UK, my children’s birthdays, where they lived and a lot of similar questions. Having been ‘advised’ by an Australian guy outside to be ‘inventive’ , to some she said she did not know, for others she made something up. She 'passed.'

It really is a farce and an abuse the way, at least some, of the interviews are performed.

I understand the reason for the interviews is to ensure that the citizen is not being lured away to another country for some illegally reason, prostitution, slavery etc, and that they will know their rights in the foreign land in case they are mistreated, abused etc.

That is an excellent intention but people (may be jealous who may have been unable to leave Phil) being allowed to subject applicants to inquisitional interrogation, is a civil rights abuse and should be brought to attention at the highest level. I suspect well-educated applicants are not put to such questioning, as it is likely they would complain. Thus, it is the un-worldly wise, who suffer the indignity.

Had I known the extent of the questions put to my wife I would have sent a written complaint to the Chief of the Immigration Service. I still may !

Respected Member
    Not sure what others think ?? But BPI bank in P.I ask for mothers maiden name, also place of birth as security questions
    I was highly uncomfortable having to furnish this info to my mahal, however later realise a simple spelling mistake could help!!

Oh other questions were: How long is fiancé broken up with ex??
    How long were fiances parents dead?
    Unbelievable, my mahal is now reviewing all this on victory liner going to manila.............................
    And the best was I had to yesterday photograph mothers gravestone to prove my mother had no middle name, (my fiancé was distraught they (cfo) would not believe her) as for maiden name they (cfo) want first middle and what we in uk would term maiden name (previous surname)........

Respected Member
    Timi, I really do not know why you are concerned.

I said "When they ask that type of question they have no idea what the answers should be, so you could say anything. That is, say anything, other than, you do not know. If in doubt, make something up."

e.g. 'I Know' your mother's middle name was, Mary !!!! Simple .

Respected Member
    Nice and youre right, unfortunately my mahal is rather concerned on truth, and that in a way is no bad thing,but thankyou

Respected Member
    OK, if she insists she will only tell the truth, maybe tell her to say she will notify the Chief Officer at CFO of the questions she was demanded to answer.

Their contact is shown as:- 2552-4700, Email: info@cfo.gov.ph

I do not know if this is still good, but I had a productive email exchange in 2006 with:

Minda I. Cabilao-Valencia
    Director, Migrant Integration and Education Office
    On cfomieo@info.com.ph

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    Hi
    They are turning those away who don't have good proof of relationship:

Skype or email logs, pictures, tickets together for travel
    Also need knowledge of
    Partners His /her :
    Birthday
    religion
    work or
    birthplace
    parents names
    Childrens names
    mothers maiden name
    government issued I/d pictures as per on cfo website
    my fiancé had to reapply due to nno confirmation sent after first time application was submitted
    I told her re submit, then she got confirmation
    this info based on what was asked yesterday at CFO Manila, several applicants had to go away with no sticker, mainly on lack of relationship evidence it seems
    I remember another question that they asked my wife, what was my salary per week, so she told them 60k per week???????...they never even question my wife on that wrong answer,

another thing the CFO recommended to us was, both of us has to leave the country together, don't know why they said that, cause they gave us the Guidance and Counselling certificate late that day...and now all we need to do is get the exit clearance stamp next few weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    I remember another question that they asked my wife, what was my salary per week, so she told them 60k per week???????...they never even question my wife on that wrong answer,
    ... clearly they'd been thinking in terms of 60k peso!

Respected Member
    Hi just for info, the phone number given by John same as website doesn't work, I emailed them on contact form, no answer on that either.
    the old Nottinghamshire way of letter on arrow maybe favourite!
    Will report later on how interview went, she got sticker,now await detail when we can speak.
    thankyou all for the help

Thread Information