Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Help!!! Cenomar requirement for applying for my daughter's passport???

We live overseas and last year we applied for my second child passport and we used my husband birth cert and her birth cert( born where we live or outside UK) and no hassle at all. And now we are trying to apply for my 3rd child passport and they are asking us to produce a cenomar and my birth cert. I am just wondering is that a new requirements now? My husband called and explain that we are married in the UK and if we could produce the certificate instead, but the agent refused and insist of my cenomar and my birth cert. we dont mind applying for my cenomar. It is just it will take 6-8 weeks the processing plus the amount of postal time from where we live to the UK.

The Agent even threathen that my other 2 children will be investigated if there is a problem with my cenomar(of course i was never married before so i am not worried about it). Just the fact that my husband is a british. Is it not that enough to prove to get a passport for my new born child? By the way, we sent my husband birth cert, passport and my child birtcert.

I'm no expert here but I hope someone will help you out. It's just wrong someone threatens you. Have you reported your marriage in the Philippine Embassy when you got married?

I am sure you need to use a NSO marriage certificate and your child's NSO birth certificate and your NSO birth certificate, who told you that you need to use CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record)

will

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Agent? What agent are you refering to???
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

the cenomar is not listed on the DFA web site, as a supporting document.

these are the requirements for a Filipino passport from the DFA.

http://www.passport.com.ph/requirements

will

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    I'm no expert here but I hope someone will help you out. It's just wrong someone threatens you. Have you reported your marriage in the Philippine Embassy when you got married?
    Yes, I reported it. When we are still living in London.
    Always Look on the bright side of Life....

Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    I am sure you need to use a NSO marriage certificate and your child's NSO birth certificate and your NSO birth certificate, who told you that you need to use CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record)

will
    My child was not born in the Phils. She was born in Brunei. we used the local birth certificate issued here in Brunei.

Guy who is handling our case.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Agent? What agent are you refering to???
    Rayna, the guy who handles our child's case. the passport people. I am not sure how do they call them.

If I was you, I would contact the embassy and ask them, what exact documents are required, also I would register your 3rd child's birth with the embassy in Brunei, if you have not done that already. also I would contact the DFA in Philippines, I am sure some would be able to sort this out...

I remember when we were getting our daughter passport in the DFA, we had a few problem,with her NSO birth certificates which took a few weeks to sort out...

will

Respected Member
    Hi Guys
    When I apply for my daughter's DSWD travel clearance last year I was surprised when they asked me to provide a CENOMAR as at that time I have already reported my marriage at Phil. Embassy and already has a NSO authenticated Report of Marriage Certificate.Through experienced, I have learned that most of the time I cannot win againts our Government workers decision,if they asked for a certain docs that I have to provide I always provided it eventhough it was not on the list of requirements.
    I did not argue and just asked my mum in the P.I. to get me one.She gets it the very day she apply for it and she sent me the Cenomar through priority post and got here after 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    Hi Guys
    When I apply for my daughter's DSWD travel clearance last year I was surprised when they asked me to provide a CENOMAR as at that time I have already reported my marriage at Phil. Embassy and already has a NSO authenticated Report of Marriage Certificate.Through experienced, I have learned that most of the time I cannot win againts our Government workers decision,if they asked for a certain docs that I have to provide I always provided it eventhough it was not on the list of requirements.
    I did not argue and just asked my mum in the P.I. to get me one.She gets it the very day she apply for it and she sent me the Cenomar through priority post and got here after 10 days.
    Hi, it clearly states on the DSWD web site that a cenomar is required document for exit clearance .....in some cases.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/2015/04/dswd-...gal-guardians/

will

Respected Member
    Hi
    I have always thought that CENOMAR is only required for unmarried mothers at that time.As I have already reported my marriage I thought it was enough proof just to show my report of marriage certificate.
    I got confused on how a married person can provide a "Certificate of No Marriage" document.

Well, I think we just have to produce those requirements. No point of explaining to them because we knew we won't win anyway.

My husband is British (blood and by birth) and it just feels wrong that my child can not get British passport with out my cenomar! We probably are so unlucky! I am wondering now how about the other children who their father/ mother is British and not married to their partner?

(Just ranting)

Quote Originally Posted by milesaway1113 View Post
    We live overseas and last year we applied for my second child passport and we used my husband birth cert and her birth cert( born where we live or outside UK) and no hassle at all. And now we are trying to apply for my 3rd child passport and they are asking us to produce a cenomar and my birth cert. I am just wondering is that a new requirements now? My husband called and explain that we are married in the UK and if we could produce the certificate instead, but the agent refused and insist of my cenomar and my birth cert. we dont mind applying for my cenomar. It is just it will take 6-8 weeks the processing plus the amount of postal time from where we live to the UK.

The Agent even threathen that my other 2 children will be investigated if there is a problem with my cenomar(of course i was never married before so i am not worried about it). Just the fact that my husband is a british. Is it not that enough to prove to get a passport for my new born child? By the way, we sent my husband birth cert, passport and my child birtcert.
    Hi,
    My friend also got the same problem last month when she applied a passport for her british daughter. Yes, I am afraid it is one of their requirements now on certain circumstances.
    My friend came here on fiance visa 10+ years ago/got married/gave birth in uk and now wanting to get a British passport for her daughter as it's the first time they want to fly out of uk for a holiday.

Here's what she do:
    she applied online for her cenomar:
    https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

I know it will take about 4-6weeks for you to be able to received the documents from the PH but worth a try... for you and your kids benefits.
    good luck and hope it helps
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hi,
    My friend also got the same problem last month when she applied a passport for her british daughter. Yes, I am afraid it is one of their requirements now on certain circumstances.
    My friend came here on fiance visa 10+ years ago/got married/gave birth in uk and now wanting to get a British passport for her daughter as it's the first time they want to fly out of uk for a holiday.

Here's what she do:
    she applied online for her cenomar:
    https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

I know it will take about 4-6weeks for you to be able to received the documents from the PH but worth a try... for you and your kids benefits.
    good luck and hope it helps

Thanks Sars. Feel better now that i know it was not only us that they have asked this requirements. We thought the passport guy handling our case/agent are racist(Well, husband thought because he was the one who talk to the phone). Lolz.

Yes, we end up producing my cenomar. I want to share as well what we did to secure it and it is easier and quicker. I asked my mum to get it from the NSO nearest branch. No authorization needed for a mum to secure the document/s. Just for half day she got the document and sent it through dhl(3 working days). How cool is that!!!☺ well we did pay alot of money for postal, but well spent as we needed my daughter's passport asap.

Quote Originally Posted by milesaway1113 View Post
    Thanks Sars. Feel better now that i know it was not only us that they have asked this requirements. We thought the passport guy handling our case/agent are racist(Well, husband thought because he was the one who talk to the phone). Lolz.

Yes, we end up producing my cenomar. I want to share as well what we did to secure it and it is easier and quicker. I asked my mum to get it from the NSO nearest branch. No authorization needed for a mum to secure the document/s. Just for half day she got the document and sent it through dhl(3 working days). How cool is that!!!☺ well we did pay alot of money for postal, but well spent as we needed my daughter's passport asap.

Brilliant. Good to read its all sorted quickly for you !!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Brilliant. Good to read its all sorted quickly for you !!

Hello

hpw did this all turn out ? same problem for us? did they accept the Cenomar ???

any advice on how this turned out please

got a request to send the CENOMAR or CRS form 5 - but we are in Dubai - we got married in sri lanka 2 years ago - son born in May this year !!! we sent marriage update to philiipines and have a copy of this but there is no way the system will be updated in phils yet and no way we can travel to get the cr5....

we submitted everything and i mean everything required on the supporting documents accept the above ... which were and are not on the supporting doccuments list

anyone find a way around this?

this is what is sent to the passport agency....

I fully understand there is a process but it is difficult if this is not stated in the information provided to us.

I do not understand why we need to provide marriage status for my wife when we are not required to submit our marriage certificate -It clearly states that to provide: TABLE B: Born on or after 1 January 1983 one of your parents’ full birth certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) or naturalisation or registration certificate; and • if this is your father, his marriage certificate to your mother (this does not apply for those born on or after 1 July 2006) so i do not understand the need for the below? My sons British Citizen ship is from his father? \

My wife could ONLY be under my sponsorship in the UAE on proof of marriage. We enclosed ca copy of her residency visa which clearly states she in a housewife under my sponsorship (attached again)

To register the birth of our child, again we had to provide proof of our marriage in the UAE
    \
    We have registered our marriage with the Philippine authorities but this can take an eternity to process - and may not be live in their system yet. I have attached a copy of this registration.

As explained, we have great urgency and stress at the moment for a number of reasons.

We have to get a passport within 90 days in order to secure our sons residency here in the UAE and cannot leave without a passport regardless.
    My Mother is almost 80, unable to travel, in poor health and has not met her grandson
    i/we may have to return to the UK within a few weeks time and clearly cannot do so without this passport... we are totally lost without it.

Surely with all of the documents we have provided you can have no doubt we are married.

Please can you review/send forwards to the person named below for immediate attention.

can any of you guys help???

Thread Information