Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Boring, Boring Chelsea

Respected Member
    Sorry the last 2 games of Chelsea i watched on Sky TV were pretty boring = Man U and Arsenal

Chelsea played negative football in both games with tactics of flooding their own defence with players and then trying to sneak a goal on a fast breakaway

Man U totally dominated Chelsea in the second half and Arsenal did all the attacking play

Did you see John Terry going overboard and celebrating the 0-0 draw with Arsenal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Sorry the last 2 games of Chelsea i watched on Sky TV were pretty boring = Man U and Arsenal

Chelsea played negative football in both games with tactics of flooding their own defence with players and then trying to sneak a goal on a fast breakaway

Man U totally dominated Chelsea in the second half and Arsenal did all the attacking play

Did you see John Terry going overboard and celebrating the 0-0 draw with Arsenal
    It's putting points on the board, Mourinho is the best at adjusting the tactics and style of play for all or part of the game to nullify the opposition. You sound like the Chelsea hating gutter press who had bigged up Arsenal and Man Utd as being the form teams coming off 7 or 8 game unbeaten runs John Terry had a right to celebrate as he'd once again proved himself the leagues best defender and captain (as he did last night )

If boring is being top of the table since day one I'm all for it

Respected Member
    Going overboard about a boring 0-0 draw is hardly the stuff of convincing champions

Actually i used to enjoy watching Chelsea when they played attacking football and always looked to move the ball forward, these days they look like a very boring side like Arsenal used to be under Gorge Graham

Chelsea may well win the league but i put it to you they are very far away from the great teams of years gone by = Man U and Liverpool

Abramovich has just brought the Premiership title anyway with all his millions !

Banned
    Abramovich has just brought the Premiership title anyway with all his millions !
    He's now been there since 03/04 and this statement reduces its validity year on year. Chelsea have one of the best youth set ups in the country and the record of the rest of the teams owned by foreign moneybags eg City, Arsenal, QPR, Liverpool, Utd etc etc isn't a patch on Chelsea's

Chelsea won the Premiership in Week 2 of the season. Regardless of the style of football that they play, it works, and that is what it is all about. A 0-0 for Chelsea fans at this stage of the season is not boring, and they won't give a hoot what other fans think.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
    Chelsea won the Premiership in Week 2 of the season. Regardless of the style of football that they play, it works, and that is what it is all about. A 0-0 for Chelsea fans at this stage of the season is not boring, and they won't give a hoot what other fans think.

Missed the Arsenal game as I was in Philippines but according to what I read they had one shot on target.
    Jose is a master when it comes to the business end of the season.
    John Terry went overboard because he realised it was mission accomplished. Yet again Wenger couldn't get 3 points from Mourinho and that was all the blues really needed.

Banned
    St Georges Cross Chelsea Flag washed, ironed and ready for draping over front of house

Boring Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Well ... ... if they're that "tedious", why bother mentioning them?

Respected Member
    St Georges Cross Chelsea Flag washed, ironed and ready for draping over front of house
    I would not tempt brick throwers in your local area if I were you

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
    It might be all fantastic for the Chelsea faithful but for any other neutral football fan keen on watching a good game of football it was dreadful

Respected Member
    He's now been there since 03/04 and this statement reduces its validity year on year. Chelsea have one of the best youth set ups in the country and the record of the rest of the teams owned by foreign moneybags eg City, Arsenal, QPR, Liverpool, Utd etc etc isn't a patch on Chelsea's
    Yes Chelsea have a great youth team set up its just a shame none of them ever make it into the first team

Why care about youth teams anyway when you can just go out and buy loads of new players like you do every season with your owners millions

Respected Member
    Maybe i am old fashioned and i dont move with the times but i prefered football when it was not all about how big the teams owners bank balance is

When i see players like Drogba kissing the Chelsea badge on his team kit after scoring a goal it just makes me want to vomit = just another mercenary football player who has very little to do with Chelsea

Chelsea and Man city were just mid table teams until their owners started throwing money around

So Chelsea fans not much to be proud about because all you have done is bought you way to the top

Banned
    Maybe i am old fashioned and i dont move with the times but i prefered football when it was not all about how big the teams owners bank balance is

When i see players like Drogba kissing the Chelsea badge on his team kit after scoring a goal it just makes me want to vomit = just another mercenary football player who has very little to do with Chelsea

Chelsea and Man city were just mid table teams until their owners started throwing money around

So Chelsea fans not much to be proud about because all you have done is bought you way to the top
    Drogba - mercenary you're having a laugh............. 2004 - 2012 100 goals, both parties realised it was a mistake letting him go and he came back in 2014. You've got a short memory, only 2 years ago the last time QPR were relegated it was blamed on mercenaries http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/29/tony-f...ation-3697762/

Redknapp is a proven buyer of has beens and mercenaries (Rio, Samba, Jenas etc ) as long as there's an earner in it

Drogba has been pretty loyal to Chelski, compared to many other players. It was the ex-boss that got rid of him, and so I would say he does have a right to kiss the badge.... and my ass

Agreed. Back in the day the game was played by men but nowadays it's full of overpaid nancy boys with huge ego's and wealthy foreign owners who don't give a .... about the sport.

It started going downhill after the Bergkamp/Klinsmann/Zola era and the arrival of Roman. I remember too when Chelsea back in the eighties were on par with the Huddersfield's of today languishing in the bottom half of the second tier.

I don't think we can blame the Romans for the state of our footballs. I mean their walls are still in better condition than anything built by Wimpey

I think Man Utd have shown this season that no matter how much money you throw at a team it doesn't necessarily answer the problems.

As for Drogba his place in Chelsea's history was sealed forever more on that night in May 2012 when on like so many other occassions he never bottled it on the big occasion. Love the bloke.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I think Man Utd have shown this season that no matter how much money you throw at a team it doesn't necessarily answer the problems.

As for Drogba his place in Chelsea's history was sealed forever more on that night in May 2012 when on like so many other occassions he never bottled it on the big occasion. Love the bloke.

I think Man Utd have shown this season that no matter how much money you throw at a team it doesn't necessarily answer the problems
    We had to rebuild and most of it well spent.We gave a good account of ourselves beating all the top teams except Chelsea.

Next season we will be challenging.

If you throw lots of money they do win things - proven in the past. Blackburn, City, Chelsea etc, the only team to have thrown money about and failed is Liverpool due to bloody awful signings.

Anyway Congrats to Chelsae not a vintage team but if you finish top your the No1 team end of

Banned
    The flag is up

Respected Member
    Drogba - mercenary you're having a laugh............. 2004 - 2012 100 goals, both parties realised it was a mistake letting him go and he came back in 2014. You've got a short memory, only 2 years ago the last time QPR were relegated it was blamed on mercenaries http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/29/tony-f...ation-3697762/

Redknapp is a proven buyer of has beens and mercenaries (Rio, Samba, Jenas etc ) as long as there's an earner in it

Drogba could have scored those goals at any club he just happened to be Chelsea and as for kissing the badge it could have been any football teams badge

Romans money has bought you success and any other team would have done the same with all those millions

Chelsea's accolade is being the first team to field a totally non English 11

Anyway lets hope the future new rules about fielding non English players brings you back down to earth with a bump

Banned

Chelsea's accolade is being the first team to field a totally non English 11

Anyway lets hope the future new rules about fielding non English players brings you back down to earth with a bump
    Won't be a problem the majority of the massively successful youth set up are home grown

Won't be a problem the majority of the massively successful youth set up are home grown
    The majority will never play in the first team.

Thread Information