Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Angry What would your priorities be, work or family? What would you do if u were in my situation?

okay guys need to get this out of my chest cz it's really bothering me, it's basically about how to deal with my boss

here's the scenario

I work in a very known company since last July until now, this company is a flagship store with about 200 employees with different department such as beauty, healthcare , accessories, clothing , photo, pharmacy, electrical, baby and food and drinks and so on..

So what happened is I am so angry because where I worked is the managers they don't really care about the people they want us to work like we have magic their expectation is far from reality - reason why is the store is so massive with 2floors and we are out of staff and they don't wanna hire cz they wanna save money. Another problem of this company is about our holidays , basically they want us to book a year advance our holidays from April 2015 till March 2016 and it's not even sure that u will get the days u want cz they only allow one person to get holiday at a time with a restrictions that u cannot go holiday from end of November up to the first week of January ( I mean seriously ??! first of all, I can't plan that long period of time I don't even know what will happen in next year or so, and 2nd of all if u want a particular week for important reason like celebrating 40th bday of my husband cz this year we were not able to celebrate it for same reason cz someone booked the same day cz it's also her partner's bday and that person booked the same day again and she got approved means I cannot have my holidays and I am so honest that I said I'll call off sick then cz I got no choice everything is booked and family comes first and they said to me that I shouldn't book anything and they got angry they didn't like the way I talked and they could sack me if I do it like that. So she told me other options that I should write a letter and address it to the deputy manager/store manager but it's still not guarantee.
    I told them that my holidays doesn't depend to me bcz my husband works as self employed and does contracts. They want me to priorities work first rather than my family. I told them family is my priority cz u can't find any other family but u can easily find a new job and they even told me that I should not depend myself to my partner cz I told them I don;t care if they will sack me. They even tried to convince me that it's not good if the husband is the only one working ( I mean I know that but even my husband keeps telling me that I should resign cz the people I worked with are assholes but I stayed until now cz I'm being patient but today I just had enough. I think they take advantage of me bcz I don't fight back and I'm tiny.

I've noticed they wanna do/say what they wanna do/say to me but if I speak out they didn't like it. I'm the type of person who has the longest patience in the world but I just had enough of these people trying to act like they own the place, they think they're so much better cz they are ''MANAGERS!!'' they are so rude and arrogant!

I just hate myself too cz I can't let go of my feelings I can't fight back , I end up crying and causes me so much stress and depression.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi Ana,

Am I correct in assuming that your based in Cebu, and are married to a foreigner ? You state your husband is self employed and has contracts, which makes me question if he is in Cebu. Until you answer these questions it is vey difficult to offer any advice as employment laws in the Uk are very different to the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek1 View Post
    Hi Ana,

Am I correct in assuming that your based in Cebu, and are married to a foreigner ? You state your husband is self employed and has contracts, which makes me question if he is in Cebu. Until you answer these questions it is vey difficult to offer any advice as employment laws in the Uk are very different to the Philippines.
    Hi Mikek1, yeah I am married to a foreigner and I live here in UK now for almost 3 years. So I'm currently working somewhere here in London..

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Ana, if you're not happy with the work place and everything that's going around there, then I think the best thing to do is to resign. Your husband is even telling you to do it (so I don't think it's an issue to him if you are going to be out of work for a while). There will be a better work with better people. Good luck to you girl.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

If i was you i would wait till i have another job before i give in my notice, but its down to you

Hi Stevewool and Rayna

yeah it happened today and straight after work I went straight away to other branches to ask if they have vacancies and just applied online for other branch, the job is okay it's just the management that sucks.. I so hate the fact that there are so many assholes around the world and taking advantage of people who are below/lower than them. Hopefully karma will strike them soon

Thanks everyone

Trusted Member
    I think you need to change your 'location' on your profile...to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post
    I so hate the fact that there are so many assholes around the world and taking advantage of people who are below/lower than them.
    Me too, Ana, me too!

You'd be better off without this job and I'm sure you'd find another one where you are treated with more respect. Good luck.

Respected Member
    The problem with most work is not the work itself its the idiots you have to work with
    I would look for another job and not leave that job until you have found one
    I have to book my leave a year in advance also thats normal for some companies
    Finding a decent paying job in London is not so easy with all the Eastern Europeans running after every job

Ana, this is not about job v family, its about job v you, you sound to me as if you are really getting stressed about this, and are bringing it home with you (maybe Im wrong). You have a loving husband who has told you to resign, what more advice do you need ?.

You need to change your job, even if you move to another store (same company) its highly likely they will have the same rules, what you really need to decide is do you find another job first, or leave and then find a job, its much easier in some ways to find a job when you are out of work, as finding a job is a job in itself, and can be time consuming. Most big companies dont have time for the individual, and smaller companies are usually much more approachable, and understanding of a persons needs.
    Good luck, and i hope you sort things out sooner rather than later.

I think its always easier to get a job while you still have a job. You are seen as more employable for some reason.

Banned
    You're stuck there under a load of macho management who won't change their attitude.

As others advise get a new job and when you do identify the company on here so people can decide if they want to spend their money with such an unsavoury outfit

Hi Ana, there is no sense to work in a place where you are not happy, and your husband advices you to resign, if I'm in your shoe, I definitely would submit resignation letter asap.We work,earn money and live, not work,earn and get ill (stress can develop any illnesses). You can get job again. don't waste your time and effort working for those kind of people. Be wise and a fighter girl.These bosses don't deserve you.

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    The problem with most work is not the work itself its the idiots you have to work with
    I would look for another job and not leave that job until you have found one
    I have to book my leave a year in advance also thats normal for some companies
    Finding a decent paying job in London is not so easy with all the Eastern Europeans running after every job
    You are so right London_Manila the job is so good and it pays £8 p/h that's what I really like about this shop also my Co workers are nice. This situation really helps me tho cz I'm learning on how to fight back after it happened I just don't care anymore won't please anyone anymore they can all kiss my ass haha, my husband even told me it's just a game and I need to know how to play it well and that I'm becoming feisty lol. Most of the managers are from India or Kenya something like that. They got worse attitude, no manners, no care, name it all they have it. So sad ��

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Ana, this is not about job v family, its about job v you, you sound to me as if you are really getting stressed about this, and are bringing it home with you (maybe Im wrong). You have a loving husband who has told you to resign, what more advice do you need ?.

You need to change your job, even if you move to another store (same company) its highly likely they will have the same rules, what you really need to decide is do you find another job first, or leave and then find a job, its much easier in some ways to find a job when you are out of work, as finding a job is a job in itself, and can be time consuming. Most big companies dont have time for the individual, and smaller companies are usually much more approachable, and understanding of a persons needs.
    Good luck, and i hope you sort things out sooner rather than later.
    Hi Harry T, yah it does stress me so much but honestly I feel so much better now after that situation I never felt happier bcz finally I manage to talk back and just don't care about pleasing anyone anymore. I've got friends who work on other stores they never had this kind of problems so it's just this store since this two big bosses came to this store and everything has changed.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post
    You are so right London_Manila the job is so good and it pays £8 p/h that's what I really like about this shop also my Co workers are nice. This situation really helps me tho cz I'm learning on how to fight back after it happened I just don't care anymore won't please anyone anymore they can all kiss my ass haha, my husband even told me it's just a game and I need to know how to play it well and that I'm becoming feisty lol. Most of the managers are from India or Kenya something like that. They got worse attitude, no manners, no care, name it all they have it. So sad ��
    In non unionised workplaces you normally find the management will bully people knowing they can get away with it

Trusted Member
    Maybe ask to check if the management have work visas ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Maybe ask to check if the management have work visas ?

Report an immigration crime (Anonymously)
    https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

Thread Information