Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Nochex Donate
Donate Now Target 30, So far 0 (0%)


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    121

    It's hard when there is an 8-hour time gap during our Winter months

    Just finding it hard to spend much time with Sheina on Skype because I'm working a lot of nights.

    I seem to be getting home and going to bed while she is awake and when I wake up it's past midnight there.

    Both of us seem to have crazy sleeping patterns.

    I'm sure loads of you know where I'm coming from.

    Here's to hopeful visa success very soon.

    Have booked Sheina's IELTS test for 30th April.



  2. #2
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,919
    Rep Power
    150
    Been there, done that! Waking up at 3 am just to talk to Ems for a few hours before I went to work, then rushing home again to speak for 1 hour before she went to bed.

    The weekends were so good to spend time talking about everything and nothing. Yes, we all know where you are coming from.


  3. #3
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denbigh, North Wales
    Posts
    7,359
    Rep Power
    150
    This was one of the reasons why I liked working at night shifts while I was still in Manila. I can talk to Keith the whole time through FB while at work (using my phone). Good thing was Keith only works from home.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...



  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,647
    Rep Power
    150
    Hang on in there Phil, many of us have faced those challenges.
    LDR's with time shifts take a lot of patience.

    Well done to you both and to all those who come through to find a stronger bond.


  5. #5
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    150
    How do you think we managed Phil, when my ex and I had to rely on Royal Mail? You know, it was great!


  6. #6
    Respected Member Anne2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    29
    Same here. We did it everyday for 4 years!

    Glad to hear you finally booked Sheina's IELTS? Is she going with British Council or IDP?


  7. #7
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    How do you think we managed Phil, when my ex and I had to rely on Royal Mail? You know, it was great!
    Oh my goodness. That must have been so hard.

    Deserves a rep.


  8. #8
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Same here. We did it everyday for 4 years!

    Glad to hear you finally booked Sheina's IELTS? Is she going with British Council or IDP?
    British council.

    I was told on here they were better.


  9. #9
    Respected Member Slip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,422
    Rep Power
    77
    I prefer the 8 hour gap. Meant when I am day shift and go to bed around 11pm, I can snatch a quick kiss and goodnight from Harlene. Also meant after a nightshift I could have a sleep and get up around 1pm just as Harlene was finishing work and snatch a couple of hours chat before she fell asleep on Skype.

    The 7 hour gap meant I was always tired at work! Or Harlene was falling asleep after only an hour or so after I woke after a nightshift....


    Of course it's better now we are in the same time zone


  10. #10
    Respected Member Harry T's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    122
    Good luck to you both, Cheekee and Sheina as you say it's not easy with the 7/8 hour time difference. I guess most on here have been or are going through that. Basically the body clock doesn't know if it's on its ass or its elbow. But eventually it's all worth it in the end for you guys, and after going through all of that there's just the small matter of getting visas etc etc, only for some jumped up twerp to say "NO, not enough evidence that she/he will return", if you apply for a visitor visa.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr


  11. #11
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Oh my goodness. That must have been so hard.

    Deserves a rep.
    You know Phil, not so many years ago, all correspondence was via letter and sometimes I wonder if it was really the best way to contact one another. It wasn't hard because we didn't know anything different - and imagine the romance of writing letters - the excitement of waiting at least a month for the reply from your loved one. Whenever you got close to the time you were expecting some mail you were always looking out for the postman to see if he had a blue airmail envelope in his hand. Or after arriving home from work you couldn't open your door or mailbox fast enough to see if anything had arrived. it was a nice feeling when your mail did arrive and you opened it very carefully so as not to damage it and sniffing the perfume that your little Filipina had adorned your letter with.

    Yes, I can positively say those days were more romantic and exciting! Btw, thanks for the rep.


  12. #12
    Respected Member Anne2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    British council.

    I was told on here they were better.
    Either British Council or IDP is okay. Tried both and I got no problems. I was just happy with British Council because it was very convenient for me at the time when I was still in Cebu.

    Say good luck to Sheina for me. Talking to you will definitely help her out in her speaking test.


  13. #13
    Respected Member Anne2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You know Phil, not so many years ago, all correspondence was via letter and sometimes I wonder if it was really the best way to contact one another. It wasn't hard because we didn't know anything different - and imagine the romance of writing letters - the excitement of waiting at least a month for the reply from your loved one. Whenever you got close to the time you were expecting some mail you were always looking out for the postman to see if he had a blue airmail envelope in his hand. Or after arriving home from work you couldn't open your door or mailbox fast enough to see if anything had arrived. it was a nice feeling when your mail did arrive and you opened it very carefully so as not to damage it and sniffing the perfume that your little Filipina had adorned your letter with.

    Yes, I can positively say those days were more romantic and exciting! Btw, thanks for the rep.
    Ahh.. The joy of opening love letters. Gone were those days in the internet age.


  14. #14
    Respected Member andy222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West Midlands and Butuan
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    British council.

    I was told on here they were better.
    It will all be worth it when she is over here.


  15. -

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. having hard time to look for a flight to Austria
    By ana07cutiepie in forum Flights
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th July 2011, 17:06
  2. Ed Millipede given hard time on Radio Phone In
    By Dedworth in forum News - World
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10th January 2011, 12:15
  3. 4 months old!!! My word where des the time fly!!!
    By timbo in forum Loose Talk, Chat and Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st September 2010, 13:36

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum