Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Where to stay in Palawan?

We're off to the Philippines in April and would like to include a trip to Palawan. Just looking through the resorts and would welcome anybody's opinion on places to stay or places to avoid. We're taking my 21 yo daughter so trying to plan a trip where there's something to keep us all amused.

Stayed here a few years ago

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p367093

Or if you want something with some night life then it's either Puerto Princessa or up to El Nido

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Stayed here a few years ago

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p367093

Or if you want something with some night life then it's either Puerto Princessa or up to El Nido
    I haven't been to El Nido yet although I'm thinking of going soon but from what I've heard there's not much nightlife there. It's also meant to be quite expensive compared with the rest of the Phils.

Been to El Nido, Puerto Princesa and Coron but, if you were to ask me about which place to visit - and has more to see - I would definitely recommend Coron ... we're actually thinking of going back there in May!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

I spent one week in Palawan 2 years ago this very week. Firstly, I would recommend this place to stay:

http://www.angelicmansion.com/

It's a lovely Hotel. Quiet and very, very clean, it's owned by a lovely lady, only a Tricycle ride away from Puerto Centre (No Taxis on Palawan). They will happily do your laundry for you, arrange Tours, whatever you want. If you want to feel comfortable and relaxed, then look no further.

Secondly, if you wish to visit the underground river book via its website, and book prior to visiting Palawan. I didn't previously book and could not get a booking. Take a day trip out at Honda Bay, only a few minutes up from the Hotel. Baker's Hill is a worthwhile half day trip. Night time, take a visit to Bay Walk, hundreds of food outlets to eat from, spoilt for choice really. The one Restaurant that you need to sample is this place - not my review - but gives you some idea:

http://themediocrewanderer.blogspot....-princesa.html

This place was recommended to me by a local and Woooow good prices, good food and lots of it!

Finally El Nido. It's a 4/5 hour drive by Coach from Puerto. Some nice scenery on the way up. El Nido is very expensive, as it's a Tourist spot and lots of them. Plenty of eateries and Tourist shops.

Is it worth it? That depends on how long you have in Palawan, as it's the best part of a day's Travel all in all, to get there - and the same coming back. So it takes 3 days more or less out of your vacation - that's if you only spend a day or so there. We did another Island Boat Tour (all day).

I have tried to give you the benefit of my experiences there, with some not to be missed places.

My summary of Palawan: It's an absolutely wonderful place to visit! 7 days is a minimum you will need there. I guarantee you won't want to leave.. enjoy

Respected Member
    El Nido is amazing. We were there a couple of years ago. Other posters have mentioned that it is expensive, but I didn't find that to be the case.

The hardest thing is getting there! We flew into El Nido's gravel airstrip on a small plane. It was a brilliant experience, but the flights cost a fair bit.

El Nido town is small and relaxed, but note that they don't have electricity 24 hours a day! The best part was the boat tours around the beaches. You can go on an organised tour with other tourists, but we hired a boat and did it privately. The guides even take a table, chairs, food and drink and set up a meal for you on a beautiful beach. It was an unforgettable experience!

The water was clear, there was loads of marine life, the snorkelling was awesome and the scenery was spectacular. There are several different boat tours that you can do, each taking in 5 or 6 beaches and sights. My favourite was "Secret Beach", where you have to swim through a little hole in the rock to get to a beach that opens out beyond!

If you really want to splash out, you could stay at El Nido Resortshttp://www.elnidoresorts.com/elnido/

We stayed at a hotel on the beachfront in El Nido.

I can't recommend El Nido highly enough!

Yup, a charter flight is available straight to El Nido. Other than that it's a six hour bus ride from Puerto Princesa or a longer journey by boat from Coron should you wish to choose this route. Coron is easier to travel to as it has commercial flights from Cebu and Manila to Busuanga.

Nice video of Palawan.

This may be of interest. Expeditions which cover both El Nido and Coron.

http://taophilippines.com/

Various accommodation.

http://www.palawan-resort.com/

Just remembered this chap who is based in Palawan and has been writing travel blogs for the last 5 years, many on Palawan. Maybe worth having a look here

http://www.lakas.com.ph

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Yup, a charter flight is available straight to El Nido. Other than that it's a six hour bus ride from Puerto Princesa or a longer journey by boat from Coron should you wish to choose this route. Coron is easier to travel to as it has commercial flights from Cebu and Manila to Busuanga.
    Don't think there are any more Cebu - Coron flights.

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    Don't think there are any more Cebu - Coron flights.
    According to the Cebu Pacific website there are!

Many thanks for your advice and opinions guys

Thread Information