Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb DFA approves Postal ID as passport requirement

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) will now accept the new Postal Identification Card (Postal ID) as one of their supporting documents for passport application, as stated in the communication from the Office of the Consular Affairs, Passport Division.

The Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost) has started to issue the new postal ID in all of its 260 identified post offices nationwide.

The DFA enforces strict rules for the issuance of passports and requires additional valid and acceptable identification cards (IDs) to be presented when personally applying for passport. This can be done after setting-up an appointment for passport application via online thru their e-Passport services.

“We are thankful that the Department of Foreign Affairs has included the Postal ID as one of their government accredited Identification cards. PHLPost assured the public and other government agencies of the integrity and credibility of their now improved ID system”, Postmaster General Josie Dela Cruz said.

The PHLPost has come up with a new fake-proof Identification Card to replace the old paper-based ID in order to bring back the integrity and credibility of the Postal ID.

A new wallet-sized PVC plastic card infused with layers of digital security has started to be issued in post offices which are equipped for the digital capture of fingerprints, photos and signatures of ID applicants.

Dela Cruz added that the new postal ID would undeniably be more durable and presentable.

In addition, she said the security measures—from one-of-a-kind fingerprint patterns and a quick response (QR) code to a magnetic stripe— has been featured in the new postal ID for quick verification.

PHLPost has deployed 43 capture stations in Metro Manila, 143 in the rest of Luzon, 41 in Visayas and 33 in Mindanao. Locations of the capture stations are available in www.philpost.gov.ph. The new Postal ID costs P370 plus 12% VAT.

Source

More here about the new Postal ID:-

PHLPost rolls out new postal ID nationwide

The Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost) has announced that selected post offices have been deployed nationwide to digitally process applications for the new and modernized postal ID card.

A total of 260 centrally located post offices are being equipped for the digital capture of fingerprints, photos and signatures of ID applicants to ensure the issuance of highly secure and genuine postal IDs. According to PHLPost Business Lines Manager Eric Tagle, the government's postal service will deploy 43 capture stations in Metro Manila, 143 in the rest of Luzon, 41 in Visayas and 33 in Mindanao. Locations of the capture stations are available in www.philpost.gov.ph. The postal ID is among a few government-issued IDs recognized by key institutions as a valid proof of identity and address.

€śThe new IDs do not have to be picked up, Tagle added, as PHLPost will deliver them to the applicants'€™ addresses. The new postal ID costs P370 plus 12% VAT anywhere in the country. He reminded applicants to bring original and photocopies of two required documents, namely: (1) birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office or the local civil registrar; and (2) proof of address, which can be a barangay clearance or a utility bill showing the applicant'™s name and address. Additionally, married females must show their marriage certificate to validate their change of name, while minors need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Postal ID application forms are available in post offices and can also be downloaded from the PHLPost website.

"Postal IDs are helpful for many Filipinos who have a hard time getting transactions done—whether in applying for a job, loan or passport or encashing a check—because they lack a valid proof of identity and address," Tagle noted. He said that an ID is also required before boarding a boat or an aircraft.

"The postal ID has become popular because applicants do not need to have a special skill, qualification or employment, unlike the requirements for obtaining a driver’s license, PRC license, SSS or GSIS card," he explained. "Even among those who are employed, it makes sense to own a postal ID because of the requirement to show more than one valid government ID for important transactions."

Source

We'll both try to secure one of these next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    We'll both try to secure one of these next week.
    Can non residents avail of this service?

Useful scheme for some folks.

I applied for my Unified Multi- Purpose ID last year from our local SSS office. The post office had help desk set up inside and handled the process from start to finish. The card was posted to me a couple of weeks after applying. I now use it for the shock value and get asked if i'm half Filipino

http://www.gsis.gov.ph/umid/

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    I applied for my Unified Multi- Purpose ID last year from our local SSS office. The post office had help desk set up inside and handled the process from start to finish. The card was posted to me a couple of weeks after applying. I now use it for the shock value and get asked if i'm half Filipino

http://www.gsis.gov.ph/umid/
    I wonder if I can get one based on my Philhealth membership
    Maybe worth a try. I'll be at their office next week to make some payments.

Can non residents avail of this service?
    I don't know Jake.
    Part of the application requirement is submission of an NSO issued birth certificate.

I'm not sure what they'll say to me
    Always worth a try for anything really.

I'm always allowed to join Senior Citizen queues at the presentation of my passport.

Incidentally my wife applied for an NSO issued birth certificate for my 13a
    The local immigration office insisted despite her never having one before in all her immigration journeys.

Part of my application for the UMID card said the same thing about the NSO Birth Certificate. I left it blank and the lady at the desk just wrote N/A in the space, whilst telling me about her Aunt who lived in London. Actually, I usually give them a nice smile, tell them in Tagalog that i have forgotten my "eye" glasses and they fill in all the forms for me

Has your wife received her NSO certificate?

When they first brought out the new computerized system a few years back, my wife had major problems with her birth certificate. The fact she had lived abroad for over a decade and was applying for her 6th passport didn't count! Took over a year and 3 court visits to sort out, even though it was obvious to everyone that it was their fault.

Part of my application for the UMID card said the same thing about the NSO birth certificate. I left it blank and the lady at the desk just wrote N/A in the space, whilst telling me about her Aunt who lived in London. Actually, i usually give them a nice smile, tell them in Tagalog that I have forgotten my "eye" glasses and they fill in all the forms for me
    Hehehe, nice one. I'll try it out

Has your wife received her NSO certificate?
    When they first brought out the new computerized system a few years back, my wife had major problems with her birth certificate. The fact she had lived abroad for over a decade and was applying for her 6th passport didn't count! Took over a year and 3 court visits to sort out, even though it was obvious to everyone that it was their fault.
    Not yet Jake, we ordered it on Wednesday via e-census and paid for it Thursday.
    Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
    Otherwise I may be stuck until I can think of a way around it.

Hope it doesn't work out same as you wife's did
    If it does and I can't find a way I'll have to leave the country to secure another BB visa free year and use a lawyer to get more documents (quote last November was P45k)

Hopefully one of my character references can pull a few strings
    No I'm not ashamed about that.

Terpe, I'm sure your wife's NSO Certificate will be fine and the 13a process a breeze.

Terpe, i'm sure your wife's NSO certificate will be fine and the 13a process a breeze.
    Thank you Jake

Terpe, I'm sure your wife's NSO certificate will be fine and the 13a process a breeze.
    We received an e-mail today saying that we should be receiving the document within a week.

Hope that means it's good news for us

Thread Information