Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

EEA Family Permit Visa

Hi gang,

Myself and Levin are now married since mid January:

Since I'm Irish, living here in the UK, Levin is going to apply for the EEA Family Permit Visa.

I've been looking through the requirements for the visa and have the following questions:

STATEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT/COLLEGE

1. Levin is a Registered Nurse in the Philippines, but has not working since October 2013, in order to help her focus on securing Grade 7 - or higher - in IELTS, so that she can work as a nurse in the UK. Until now, she has not gotten Grade 7 or higher..

My question is: As part of the EEA Family Permit, Levin must submit details of employment/study, since she has not enrolled in any college or been working anywhere since October 2013. Will this be an issue for her visa?

Reference the supporting documents for EEA Family Permit Visa:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0H...ew?usp=sharing

INFORMATION ABOUT FINANCES

2. In the supporting documents needed, they ask for financial details. I assume this information is in relation to mine, as the sponsor, and not Levin? Levin is currently not working, and I am currently supporting her ...

EVIDENCE OF MY NATIONALITY

3. I need my passport for work at all times, so i can't submit my passport. I've read here that it's possible to just submit a certified copy of my passport i.e. The bio data page? Source of information: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/doc...u-must-provide -->

CALL HISTORY

4. Since we did most of our chatting over Viber, we have a problem... it's not possible to extract CALL history from Viber. However, we have 1,000s of lines of chat on Viber, Whatsapp, etc, etc. Hope this isn't a problem!!

5. The sponsor's employer contact details - should this be my immediate boss' contact details or the HR Dept?

Any help on the above would be great, thanks guys!

Why would they ask all these questions? Her right of access depends on confirming her family relation to you. For a stay longer then 3 months, her residency depends on you being able to be self sufficient, you must have enough income. If she has an income, great but it shouldn't matter. Your chat history shouldn't either... the authorities would simply need to confirm that:

1) you and her are family
    2) she is going to join you, or travel with you to the UK
    3) you are both who you say you are, no fraud etc.
    4) There should (is!) be no need (requirement!) for showing financial solvability, insurance, accomodation etc. Only after 3 months (residency), you being selfsufficient.

More info:
    - http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...y/index_en.htm
    - http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...e/index_en.htm
    - http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...77:0123:en:PDF

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Base on my experience

1. No, actually she just need to have a at least band 4 in her IELTS result to be here in the UK. I didnt submit anything with regards to my employment history. She can secure a job with band 4 but it might not be as a nurse. She can still not work with the EEA family visa. She needs to have a resident permit which she will apply once she is already here in the UK (before her visa ends).
    2. Yes, it will be your financial details. You dont need to have your wife's financial details unless you salary or savings is insufficient or didnt reach the amount the UK boarder requires.
    3. Passport is important but you dont need to send it to her. Just a scanned copy of the passport's photopage and the stomps.
    4. A screenshot will do. I just submitted the screenshots of our conversation in facebook (not all, just one screen or two but I made sure that I included the number of lines we have to prove that we talked a lot), screen shots of our call history (phones, skype, yahoo messenger). And since you are already married, your marriage certificate might be an option. I also send few pictures of us together.
    5. My husband send me a scanned copy of his job contract (only the first page)

Good luck with your application!

tip: The approval is just fast if you have all the important documents.! (trust me! I already have my approved visa after two weeks of submitting the documents). Check and review the requirements needed before submitting it.

I hope I was able to help you.

Thread Information