Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

My baby's first British passport

Hi everyone, hope you all had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year. This is a question to see if anyone has been through this before or is going through it now. I applied for my baby's first British passport in September its now January and still no passport. I have been calling every now and then to get updates but it seems like there messing me around. The passport office told me 2 weeks ago that they sent out 2 separate letters to my counter signatory back in November, but I was informed by my friend that he never received any letters, and when I called today they told me that the time has run out of the application and I need to fill out another form with 2 more pics of my baby and additional information with another counter signatory. I explained to them that you never informed me of this anytime I have been calling and that my fiancé and I are processing for our settlement visa, and if where lucky we will all fly together baby included, but without the British passport how could my baby fly. I don't know if they have just messed up there end or they don't care about our application and snubbed us. Has anyone been through this and what did you do to fix it. Thanks in advance

Trusted Member
    Have you had a look at this thread ?

I'm assuming that your baby is in the Phils, as you haven't indicated otherwise.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....488#post527488

Yes, sorry Graham, my baby lives in Phils

Hi Graham, I've just read the link you sent me, and I'm shocked, !
    It took that couple 9 months to receive their baby's passport. That's unbelievable, and from the Liverpool Passport Office - same place I am dealing with. Well, thanks for the information.

Trusted Member
    That's why I thought you'd better see it urgently mate.

I hope yours doesn't take as long.

Hello Sean, due to the new process which mean more checks, overseas passports are going to take longer. Like I stated on the thread you have read, all children's 1st overseas passports are taking 6-9 months, on average. The best advice I can give you, is to go to your MP asap. As long as the Passport Office has not sent your documents to the Philippines for checking, your MP might be able to getting it moving along the process a little bit faster.

This is the contact number and email address, I have for the Liverpool Passport Office Eqa/Security Team (not the contact centre) 0151 471 2772 or 0845 601 5107 or email address:

liverpoolOverseastea@hmpo.gsi.gov.uk
    liverpoolOverseasE@hmpo.gsi.gov.uk

Hope it helps,

Will

Hi Will, I am sorry I never replied back - I was getting straight on to what you said. I emailed the MP's office and tried to explain to them as best I could, then I called them to explain better. I just hope they can help because we were lucky, we had our Settlement Visa granted but unfortunately it's not such the happy occasion we wanted coz still no passport for the baby.

I went down to the Passport Office today and issued more documents that they asked for with some I need my fiancée to send from the Philippines as they want originals. I was hoping you could shed some light on them for me, maybe where to get them from and how. She was annulled back in 2012 which actually took a couple of years to do because of the Philippine laws.

1. Original Marriage Certificate.
    2. Original Annulment papers.
    3. Previous Philippine Passport (what they never asked for at the beginning)
    4. CENOMAR Certificate - and was informed they need (I'm not sure what CRS form number) I think number 3.

If you know anything about these or how to obtain them, I would be most grateful. I'll keep posting here on how we get on with the MP's office. Thanks mate.

Also, can anyone tell me if they have been through this with the Passport Office before? Getting told one thing and then another and basically they're just dragging the application out for some reason. It really does feel like we are getting played by them.

Hello everyone, this is a update to the saga of my daughter's first British passport. I submitted the rest of the documents that they asked for and they still told me that it's going to take several months. I tried to explain to them how sick she is and even gave them details of hospital admissions from when she was in for chronic pneumonia on 2 different occasions, as well as the many doctors appointments and all the medication she is on.

Let's just say they don't care about anyone's problems. So I decided to go the emergency travel document route, explained about my daughters illness and they were very understanding. Until we hit another bump in the road, they are questioning if I am the real father on the grounds of my fiancée's annulment.

We processed for her annulment back in 2010 and it takes a long time for a decision in Philippines because of how strict their belief is in God. She was finally annulled in August 2012 but my daughter was born in June 2012. Has anyone experienced this before or got any advice for me? Because, to be honest, after all the crap we have had to endure trying to be together as a family, and now to be questioned if you're the father, I'm at my wits end. If someone could help with this matter I would be truly grateful.

Trusted Member
    What a horrible nasty country we live in.

DNA test certificate should shut them up.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    What a horrible nasty country we live in.
    Well ... ... scenery~wise, most of it is [probably] as good as you'll find ANYWHERE, I imagine.

It seems to me it's the idiots who are misguidedly being elected to govern it that ruins it!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    DNA test certificate should shut them up.
    Hopefully, anyway, Graham. Meanwhile, I'm sure Sean greatly appreciates the help and guidance you've given him ...

Trusted Member
    Arthur.

I just wish our govt. departments would target the right people when making people's lives a misery.

Hi everyone, just come back from sunny Phils, had great Xmas there with wife and daughter. Sean88 I'm also the in same situation as you. I submitted a passport application for my daughter too - back in May - and still waiting. Still told going though security checks. It's so unreal that you give all the right documents and the right information to them and still they take time. Not even a phone call saying how long things will be.

I gave them my passport with my daughter's application in May and I had to fight for my passport back in December so i could go spend time with them in the Philippines in December. It's a complete joke! I had to wait for that passport so that I could file for my wife's visa because of the stupid income laws.

I hope we have some luck coming our way soon. I'll keep you posted on the progress of my application.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Cant believe how long Passports take to renew, my last renewal was 2009 and only took 10 days

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Cant believe how long Passports take to renew, my last renewal was 2009 and only took 10 days
    Michael, the ones having problems are passport applications/renewals from outside the UK. Our friend who lives in the UK managed to get her daughter's passport in just 2/3 days.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information