Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

CNI or affidavit?

Hello ladies and gents. Myself and Rosalie are getting married soon and we were just double checking some facts.

I called the Registry Office here to see if there was anything that was needed when we got married in the Philippines and was told that I would need a CNI as they hadn't heard of the affidavit now being given by the Embassy. Can anyone with experience in this, offer us any insight as we actually don't have time now to get a CNI before I fly out there.

Also, we have understood that the affidavit is provided there and then at the Embassy and then you only have to wait ten days for the marriage licence to be issued. A work colleague, who got married in the Philippines, told me we have to wait 3 weeks to get the affidavit. He did get married a few years back so I am not sure if he is going by an older system.

Sorry for the wall of text. If you are still with me, and have any answers for us, we will really appreciate it. It's a long way to go to just fill in some paperwork if we haven't got our facts right.

Hornash,

Take a look at this forum thread:-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....CNI-March-2014

Read all and follow the links.

You need affidavit from the Embassy in Manila.
    You need to book an appointment.

Yes, when you apply for the marriage licence it will be 10 days waiting before issue.

Hope you've scheduled enough time

Thanks Terpe

Yeah we have, if the Embassy ever gets back to us. The quick book feature never has worked and it seems hit and miss if they read their emails. I have fired off one email a week over the course of December and still waiting for confirmation of my appointment. If I don't hear back soon, I will just try ringing them.

Hornash,
    You need that appointment at the Embassy.
    Don't think for one minute that you'll be admitted without an appointment.

Keep trying their booking system together with e-mails.

Also have your Fiancée double check the documentary requirements at the place where you'll apply for a marriage licence.
    There are variations and you must comply.

Good luck with getting that appointment.

The click book system isn't working. I tried in November. I called them and they said to email. There is probably a limited service being Christmas.

You should get a response shortly.

Manila.ConsAppointment@fco.gov.uk

If you already have your plane ticket email them again with a copy of your e ticket.

You won't be let in without an appointment.

Also when you go make sure you have the exact money in change. I found they don't give change.

The Embassy will give you a letter explaining the changes from needing a CNI to now needing the affidavit.

Sometimes that online appointment system can be booked up for 2 months ahead and over. Get booked and keep looking for an earlier one if there should be any cancellations.

There is no chance of being seen at the Embassy in Manila without an appointment.

If you're having problems with the booking system, try another browser. If I remember correctly, my Chrome was not working with it so well. Try Internet Explorer and Mozila Firefox

We got the appointment, just sorting a hotel out near there now. I'll let you know how it all goes

Quote Originally Posted by hornash View Post
    We got the appointment, just sorting a hotel out near there now. I'll let you know how it all goes
    If you haven't already done so please review recent threads on weddings in Philippines. Be sure you both have all needed documents to secure a marriage licence.

Thread Information