Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

IELTS and TB Test payments

Hi all, just a quick question. My fiancée is looking to book her TB Test and English Language Tests soon for the Spouse Visa and we were just wondering if you pay over the counter or if you have to pay when you book?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi,

For IELTS, I think she can pay it online upon booking it through their website: https://my.ieltsessentials.com/ or she can go to the test centre and book and pay there over the counter.

As for the TB test go to this link for the instructions. https://www.gov.uk/government/public...he-philippines
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by hornash View Post
    Hi all, just a quick question. My fiancée is looking to book her TB Test and English Language Tests soon for the Spouse Visa and we were just wondering if you pay over the counter or if you have to pay when you book?
    Probably when you book ... as that seems to be the way most things are done these days.

However, because my Filipina wife applied for her Spousal Visa prior to the introduction of the English Language Tests and also ... ... with annual TB testing being a mandatory occupational requirement for teachers (like she'd been back home) we weren't affected by either of those factors.

Quick question, as I,ll be going the unmarried partner route. My g/f has a 17 year old daughter that we plan to bring as a dependant. Is she exempt from the English Test? Also, will she need her father,s permission to leave? She has not had contact with him for 8 years.

Ah, ... I'd been searching for further information in order to supplement my previous reply ... but Rayna has, in the interim,
    kindly provided a couple of up-to-date links for you to follow.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Quick question, as I,ll be going the unmarried partner route. My g/f has a 17 year old daughter that we plan to bring as a dependant. Is she exempt from the English Test? Also, will she need her father,s permission to leave? She has not had contact with him for 8 years.

English test is for those 18 years and above only.

With regards to the other question, others may give you an advice for that. I think what your partner must do is to prove that she has the sole responsibility for her daughter.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

English test is for those 18 years and above only.

With regards to the other question, others may give you an advice for that. I think what your partner must do is to prove that she has the sole responsibility for her daughter.
    Well she has been with me for 5 years and separated 3 years before that. Maybe need to get her ex to sign some sort of a letter after he gets a brown envelope, lol

I can,t afford to make any mistakes as it,s going to cost 1700 quid for both their visas. That,s why I,ll need help on here along the way. First step is the English Test. Next appointment in Bacolod is 14th March

When is she 18?

Might save youself a few quid if you can wait a few months. Also, what would happen if she turned 18 whilst the visa was being processed? I presume it's taken as the original date of application not when it is processed.

Does the cost of the envelope outweigh the cost of the exam, and is she confident she would pass?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    When is she 18?

Might save youself a few quid if you can wait a few months. Also, what would happen if she turned 18 whilst the visa was being processed? I presume it's taken as the original date of application not when it is processed.

Does the cost of the envelope outweigh the cost of the exam, and is she confident she would pass?
    She,ll be 18 next December. I don,t think it will take much for him to sign as he,s a potless shabu user

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Cheers for the help guys. Reason we were asking is that the exchange rate is shocking at the moment and we were hoping we could pay over the counter when I am there at the end of January when, fingers crossed, the Christmas boom is out the way and it isn't 68 pesos to the pound

Well she has been with me for 5 years and separated 3 years before that. Maybe need to get her ex to sign some sort of a letter after he gets a brown envelope, lol
    I take it he is named as the father on her birth cert ?

If so, yes - if you can get a letter off him, stating he gives his permission for her to leave and, if possible, that he has had no contact with her or not supported her, and also photocopy some ID of his and send that with the letter.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

She,ll be 18 next December. I don,t think it will take much for him to sign as he,s a potless shabu user
    It's the date they receive the application, but don't leave it till the last minute in case you need for - whatever reason - to reapply again. As you know, once she reaches 18 she is no longer a minor under UK law and has little to no chance of coming to the UK.

Does she work ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    It's the date they receive the application, but don't leave it till the last minute in case you need for - whatever reason - to reapply again. As you know, once she reaches 18 she is no longer a minor under UK law and has little to no chance of coming to the UK.

Does she work ?
    No, she,s at college

Thread Information