Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Bus Travel Advice While In The Philippines

“A traveler without observation is like a bird without wings” a quote by Moslih Eddin Saadi. This quote, simply reminds us that where ever we go we need to be observant of the place, and the people around because we never know what will happen along our journey.

In the Philippines, the common means of transportation for a long distance travel is with a bus. There are different types of buses, according to the passengers' needs, namely; the luxury buses with beds or business-class seats, the air conditioned buses with TV and curtains, and the ordinary buses with and without glass in the windows. In choosing which type of bus to use, consider some of these questions.

What type of bus would I prefer? If it is a long ride then you must choose the one that makes you feel comfortable. Some people would rather ride on an ordinary bus, because they can’t put up with too much cold in an air conditioned bus. Some of them also consider their budget, so they don’t have any choice but to ride on the least expense one.

How sure I am with my safety? It is very true that accidents happen. As a passenger we need to be vigilant at all times. First, let’s take a look at the physical appearance of the bus and make a personal assessment. Will the bus survive a long trip? Does the driver or attendant look physically healthy? Another thing is the safety of the route? You can actually check travel advisories or watch the news about the weather conditions. Is it the best time to travel, or is it best waiting a day?

How about if I am traveling alone? Traveling alone is the hardest part of your journey, especially if it will take days and nights of travel. You need to get your backpack ready in case you need something along your way. Be wise enough to think of all your necessities, primarily food and drinks, sleeping stuffs, phone in case of emergency and money of course. It is advised to hide your money or other valuables in more than one place. So in the event of robbery, the thief will not get everything. This includes small pocket wallets, socks, and other places.

Traveling is great, especially when you arrive at your desired destination safe and in good condition. So take the above advice and enjoy your trip.

http://filipinaroses.com/bus-travel-...e-philippines/ | Bus Travel, Buses, Philippine travel, travel

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Be wise enough to think of all your necessities, primarily food and drinks, sleeping stuffs, phone in case of emergency and money of course.
    No prizes for guessing who wrote this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    No prizes for guessing who wrote this article.
    Jen
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

I was on one of those 'ordinary buses' for over five hours travelling between Bacolod and Sipalay, and despite only having half a seat to sit on, the journey wasn't too bad and the bus wasn't too hot either.

Jen
    Is that Sars?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I was on one of those 'ordinary buses' for over five hours travelling between Bacolod and Sipalay, and despite only having half a seat to sit on, the journey wasn't too bad and the bus wasn't too hot either.
    We used an ordinary bus from Dumaguete to Bacolod & return and found it a lot better than air con bus, no window glass!

Is that Sars?
    No. Ebola

My wife remembers the bus her dad drove in the 60's and early 70's that had had wooden chairs and windows. Half of the bus was open sided. When it rained heavy there would be over 100 passengers on one side of the bus

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    My wife remembers the bus her dad drove in the 60's and early 70's that had had wooden chairs and windows.
    i find those wooden windows are so difficult to look through
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    i find those wooden windows are so difficult to look through
    You're obviously not superman like me

Is that Sars?
    Nope. We have some Filipina's locked in the cellar we don't have, typing out articles.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Nope. We have some Filipina's locked in the cellar we don't have, typing out articles.
    So that's where my ex is?

Thread Information