Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Advice needed for ILR next year

Hello again guys, here I am again to ask for some advice regarding ILR application and rules. I have a friend who just recently posted her ILR application in Leicester. She availed of the checking service in Leiscester and she asked if she will be under the new rules of maintaining that £18,600 minimum requirement. She got her 2 year spousal visa in the Philippines. The council said that her sponsor who is her husband should have a minimum income of £18,600 and that her salary will not be counted. So when she told me about that i am quite confused now because I am under the old rules, as fas as i know, I will not be under the new rules. Can you please enlighten me with this? here is my circumstances: Fiancee visa approved : May 2012 FLR validity : 20 February 2015 . Your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Those under 'old rules' will remain so.
    So put any concerns you have aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Those under 'old rules' will remain so.
    So put any concerns you have aside.
    Thanks Terpe, it just makes me concerned about it because my husband's annual income is just under £17,000 I just couldn't imagine how the council people can give a wrong information with the applicant. Anyway another thing that i want to ask is what is the earliest date I can check online for PEO, can i do it sooner? my employer wants to book our holiday until end of October for next year's holiday, but im not sure yet if i can book it really early, my FLR expires on 20 Feb 2015. Thanks in advance Terpe.

Just for clarification, even those folks under new-rules can combine income to meet the Financial Requirement:-

. Ways of meeting the financial requirement
    4.1.1. Where the applicant has to meet the minimum income threshold, the financial requirement can be met in the following 5 ways:
     Income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work). This is referred to as Category A or Category B, depending on the employment history. See section 5 of this guidance.
     Non-employment income, e.g. income from property rental or dividends from shares. This is referred to as Category C. See section 6 of this guidance.
     Cash savings of the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant, above £16,000, held by the partner and/or the applicant for at least 6 months and under their control. This is referred to as Category D. See section 7 of this guidance.
     State (UK or foreign) or private pension of the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant. This is referred to as Category E. See section 8 of this guidance.
     Income from self-employment, and income as a director of a specified limited company in the UK, of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work). This is referred to as Category F or Category G, depending on which financial year(s) is or are being relied upon. See section 9 of this guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Just for clarification, even those folks under new-rules can combine income to meet the Financial Requirement:-
    Thanks for the info Terpe

Thread Information