Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Appendix 2 Error

Does anyone know if an incorrect answer on the Appendix 2 form is grounds for visa refusal? I made a mistake on ours - Question 4.11 asks if the sponsor has savings, including shares, etc. We ticked 'yes'. It then says 'if yes please provide full details'. We just gave the figure and the word 'savings'. I realised after we submitted that this figure does not match my bank statements because some of what I have is in shares. So the amount we wrote there is £12k more than what's in my bank. So we SHOULD have written the amount I have in the bank and the amount I have in shares, but instead we just put the total with no explanation, meaning it doesn't match my statements. Could they refuse the visa on this?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaUK View Post
    Does anyone know if an incorrect answer on the Appendix 2 form is grounds for visa refusal? I made a mistake on ours - Question 4.11 asks if the sponsor has savings, including shares, etc. We ticked 'yes'. It then says 'if yes please provide full details'. We just gave the figure and the word 'savings'. I realised after we submitted that this figure does not match my bank statements because some of what I have is in shares. So the amount we wrote there is £12k more than what's in my bank. So we SHOULD have written the amount I have in the bank and the amount I have in shares, but instead we just put the total with no explanation, meaning it doesn't match my statements. Could they refuse the visa on this?
    Depends if the ECO and/or his manager believe it constitutes deception
    If the application is still in process you should write and acknowledge the mistake and correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Depends if the ECO and/or his manager believe it constitutes deception
    If the application is still in process you should write and acknowledge the mistake and correct it.
    Thank you Terpe. I didn't realise that was an option because I've read that once it's in you can't add anything. That's great though if we can do that. Can you tell me where I can find the correct address to write to please?

Anyone know how I can do this? I've had a look but I can't find a way.

Thread Information