Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Spreading the marriage process over a number of months

Hi guys,

Since I can't get 4 consecutive weeks off work, I'm hoping to be able to get married over a couple of months, here's my plan...

I'm heading over to the Philippines to see my girlfriend in November 2014 for 2 weeks.

During those 2 weeks, I plan to visit the Irish Embassy (I'm an Irish citizen living here in London, UK), to collect my Certificate of No Impediment.

We will then continue onto the Registry Office in the Province to hand over the Certificate of No Impediment along with the other documents..

After this, our names will appear on the noticeboard of the Registry Office for 10 days..assuming the 10 days pass OK we will then get issued with the marriage license.

The marriage license will expire in 120 days form the issuing date.

This means, I can return to PH anytime before mid March 2015 to get married.

The plan is to actually get married in the Registry Office in the Province in early February 2015.

Just using you guys as a soundboard on this, so please let me know your feedback, as I'm no expert on this marriage in the Philippines topic!!!!

Thanks,
    Ed

Hi Ed,
    If your fiancee can do some initial legwork you might well find you can get married in that 2 week period.

Otherwise, your '2-stage' plan for a Philippine wedding is perfectly acceptable.

The only other alternative that I could suggest considering is that your fiancee applies for a Marriage Visit Visa for UK.
    Low cost, quick decision, low risk. Just food for thought

Hi Terpe,

Thanks very much for your help on this one.

I will take a look at this option just in case it suits us better.

However I would like if Levin gets married in the Ph since the wedding can also act as a kind of going away party for her, her family and friends.

Thanks Terpe!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    Hi Terpe,

Thanks very much for your help on this one.

I will take a look at this option just in case it suits us better.

However I would like if Levin gets married in the Ph since the wedding can also act as a kind of going away party for her, her family and friends.

Thanks Terpe!
    Yeah, just a sort of plan C really.

So much better that the wonderful day can be witnessed and shared with friends and family of the bride

Hello again guys,

Myself and Levin have been researching this topic again, and it appears like I will need to be there for the 10 consecutive working days after the Registry Office posts our names on its notice board.

This is not ideal, as I have already booked my flights, and had not anticipated the need to hang around for these 10 working days.

I guess I will have to reschedule my flights.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks gang,

Ed

Hello,

I had my civil wedding exactly 10 days since my husband arrived here. I prepared all the documents we need that I can gather. I told him to bring his birth cert, divorced paper, UK version of his CNI and book an appointment with British Embassy to get his translated CNI (Philippine version). He booked it in the morning of Aug 12,2013. We got the CNI by noon, we go straight to Municipal Hall (Registry Office), waited for 10 working days -- (relax, bonding, quality time, shopping, meeting the whole clan). I got the Marriage License morning of Aug 23, 2013. Then in the afternoon we got married in Sandiganbayan.

“I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mazza View Post
    Hello,

I had my civil wedding exactly 10 days since my husband arrived here. I prepared all the documents we need that I can gather. I told him to bring his birth cert, divorced paper, UK version of his CNI and book an appointment with British Embassy to get his translated CNI (Philippine version). He booked it in the morning of Aug 12,2013. We got the CNI by noon, we go straight to Municipal Hall (Registry Office), waited for 10 working days -- (relax, bonding, quality time, shopping, meeting the whole clan). I got the Marriage License morning of Aug 23, 2013. Then in the afternoon we got married in Sandiganbayan.

Well planned!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Well planned!
    I have to Michael. At that time, hubby was here for business trip and I need to make sure that he will not be stressed out with all the preparations. So what I did before he arrive, I coordinated with the Registry Office and clarify EVERYTHING that they need to give us a Marriage License and made sure that they will release it by Aug 23 7am as our wedding is at 3pm after getting a confirmation from the Registry Office. I spoke with Presiding Justince Tang for our Sandiganbayan wedding ceremony

So, after 10 days, we are married

#freediver
    #surfer

Well planned is right!

You guys should have been sponsored by Porsche or Ferrari - I wish we could organise something as quickly as this

Do I actually need to be in the country for the 10 days though? Will we both actually need to collect the Marriage Cert, or both sign at the Registry office or something?

The thing is, I have already booked flights, and will be gone home on day 7 if I don't change my flights..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    Well planned is right!

You guys should have been sponsored by Porsche or Ferrari - I wish we could organise something as quickly as this

Do I actually need to be in the country for the 10 days though? Will we both actually need to collect the Marriage Cert, or both sign at the Registry office or something?

The thing is, I have already booked flights, and will be gone home on day 7 if I don't change my flights..

Thanks
    Hello,

Yes you really need to be here in the Philippines at least 10 working days from the marriage license application.

The Registry Office posting is for at least 10 days and both should be there. Marriage License is valid 120 days from the day of issuance.

#freediver
    #surfer

My husband and I got married in Bacolod in February and we were both there to submit the application for the marriage licence but actually a friend collected it for us so no I wouldn't have had to physically be there, I guess it may be different in different area but certainly for us your plan would have worked.

Thread Information