Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Bringing your child to the UK

Hi! I'm posting this thread for a friend who wants to bring her child from a previous marriage to the UK. She already have settled the annulment papers and changed the name of her child to her maiden name. She is now happily married to a British citizen. She's on the process of renewing her Philippine passport. The question is, will she be using her British husband's last name since they were legally married here in the Philippines? She is quite worried that carrying the name of her foreign husband in her passport might be a hindrance in tagging along her child since both mother and child will be having different last names.

If you guys can provide us links, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bringing your child to the UK..

Hi! I'm reposting this thread for a friend who wants to bring her child from a previous marriage to the UK. She already have settled the annulment papers and changed the name of her child to her maiden name. She is now happily married to a British citizen. She's on the process of renewing her Philippine passport. The question is, will she be using her British husband's last name since they were legally married here in the Philippines? She is quite worried that carrying the name of her foreign husband in her passport might be a hindrance in tagging along her child since both mother and child will be having different last names.

If you guys can provide us links, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My wife and stepdaughter had different last names when they applied for the Visa and there were no problems. The biological father in our case was not mentioned on her birth certificate. I believe your friend may have to prove that her ex husband has no parental responsibilty and/or is happy for his child to come to the UK.

Not sure of the links but I am sure others on here will be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    My wife and stepdaughter had different last names when they applied for the Visa and there were no problems. The biological father in our case was not mentioned on her birth certificate. I believe your friend may have to prove that her ex husband has no parental responsibilty and/or is happy for his child to come to the UK.

Not sure of the links but I am sure others on here will be able to help.
    Thank you for this info. I'll relay this to my friend.

I didn't have problem bringing my son here him using my maiden name while I am using my husband's name. it'll show on his/her birth certificate anyway their relationship.
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    i didn't have problem bringing my son here him using my maiden name while i am using my husband's name. it'll show on his/her birth certificate anyway their relationship.
    Thank you bhem_bhem. My friend's gonna be happy with this info..

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Thank you bhem_bhem. My friend's gonna be happy with this info..
    You're welcome..
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

Thread Information