Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Home Office Appeal upheld on Income Threshold

Very sad news for so many folks. I'm sure another appeal will be made to the Supreme Court but just how long that might take is anyones guess.
    Personally I feel sure the Home Office will move very quickly to formally reject all those application currently put 'on-hold'.

Here's the detail for those who like plenty of detail:-

IN THE COURT OF APPEAL (CIVIL DIVISION)ON APPEAL FROM THE HIGH COURT QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION MR JUSTICE BLAKE CO85882012

Oh dear, that,s bad news for lots of people.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    It's very devastating to read this news. MY partner and I have been waiting for this and it turns out a very depressing result.

That is terrible news for so many couples. I can see why they have done this and upheld their decision. They are trying to cut immigration but punishing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Very sad news for so many folks. I'm sure another appeal will be made to the Supreme Court but just how long that might take is anyones guess.
    Personally I feel sure the Home Office will move very quickly to formally reject all those application currently put 'on-hold'.

Here's the detail for those who like plenty of detail:-

IN THE COURT OF APPEAL (CIVIL DIVISION)ON APPEAL FROM THE HIGH COURT QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION MR JUSTICE BLAKE CO85882012
    .......................... has completely ruined an otherwise beautiful summer's day!

Believe me, I'm shocked to the core by this announcement and its implications ... especially for those decent couples who've been kept on tenterhooks for months on end pending a final decision.

It makes me feel very sad at the injustice against those who do not take from the State but only wish to live with their dear wives. I pray that a miracle happens and somehow this is all turned around.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Sad

It is sad and in some cases it is unfair. I could see this one coming though. It's all about immigration and the purse strings now which is why UKIP are gaining an unprecedented following. It's just a shame that, in many cases, the scammers have ripped off what money was available and used the system to cheat and steal.

The economy has seen a bad few years too and wages are not good at the moment. Anyone who lives outside the major cities is not going to earn the money needed to meet the threshold - even as an educated university degree holder.

It's left all those genuine folks 1,000s of miles apart with no way of being able to have a family life. Sickening!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    That is terrible news for so many couples. I can see why they have done this and upheld their decision. They are trying to cut immigration but punishing the wrong people.
    Spot-on!

Well, we have had our application on hold since last October because they said I hadn't earned enough in the six months up to my application when I was in the Philippines. we have been stuck in Manila waiting since then as I didn't want to leave my wife here.

Anyway we decided two weeks ago to apply for a visa for Ireland (freedom of movement EU citizen and non EU spouse ) and to go and live in Dublin. We are waiting in Manila for the visa and when we receive it will be flying to Dublin to start our new life together. SOD the UK they can keep it. I will post a new thread to let you know how we get on. Thanks for all your help on here. Jonjo.

Does anyone know what Labour's view is on this? Maybe they intend to drop, or lower it?

If anyone on here has a minute, maybe they could contact Head Office and ask.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjo View Post
    Well, we have had our application on hold since last October because they said I hadn't earned enough in the six months up to my application when I was in the Philippines. we have been stuck in Manila waiting since then as I didn't want to leave my wife here.

Anyway we decided two weeks ago to apply for a visa for Ireland (freedom of movement EU citizen and non EU spouse ) and to go and live in Dublin. We are waiting in Manila for the visa and when we receive it will be flying to Dublin to start our new life together. SOD the UK they can keep it. I will post a new thread to let you know how we get on. Thanks for all your help on here. Jonjo.
    Good luck Jonjo!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Good luck Jonjo!
    Thanks very much Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Does anyone know what Labour's view is on this? Maybe they intend to drop, or lower it?
    Hmm ... ... not if their next Home Secretary's anything like David Blunkett - who seems to've been more predisposed towards dropping his pants.

Thread Information