Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In England now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Talking In England now

So okay I arrived yesterday at 7am, good thing that the immigration officer wasn't that strict and he only asked few questions, about my first time in the airport, I was happy as the process wasn't that complicated as people told me and riding in a plane was a good experience especially with Etihad, I never got nervous. The services of Etihad are awesome and cannot complain anything, all in all, it was a great experience. Since I've been to two airports (Abu Dhabi and Manchester) I was able to see why our airport NAIA was mentioned as the worst, everyone here knows the reasons tsk tsk

So now living in Newton le Willows and people are very nice and always greet me with smile and hello, now it looks like I'm just living in Baguio City 'cause this is their temperature but with no fog so I can still feel at home, and one thing I really like about England is the fresh air I swear! And the strangest I have encountered was having a daylight in the evening hahahahaha

Also I'm having problems as our comfort room has no pail and dipper hahahaha and I have a hard time to my boyfriend explaining it when we were in Tesco, I said I need the partner of pail, he asked what pail I said you don't know the pail? You know what 'Jack and Jill' fetch hahahahaha. And we ended up with never mind as we didn't see any dipper in Tesco

So now it's my second day, what has to be done? I'm under fiancée visa, can anyone share me a link of any list that I have to do? We need to do it until Friday as my fiancé is in vacation leave until Friday only.

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Happy couple now. I'm pleased for both of you. Enjoy England.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    So okay I arrived yesterday at 7am, good thing that the immigration officer wasn't that strict and he only asked few questions, about my first time in the airport, I was happy as the process wasn't that complicated as people told me and riding in a plane was a good experience especially with etihad, I never got nervous. The services of etihad are awesome and cannot complain anything, all in all, it was a great experience. Since I've been to two airports (Abu Dhabi and Manchester) I was able to see why our airport NAIA was mentioned as the worst,every one here knows the reasons tsk tsk

So now living in newton le willows and people are very nice and always greet me with smile and hello, now it looks like I'm just living in Baguio city cause this is their temperature but with no fog so I can still feel at home, and one thing I really like about England is the fresh air I swear! And the strangest I have encountered was having a daylight in the evening hahahahaha

Also I'm having problems as our comfort room has no pale and dipper hahahaha and I has a hard time to my boyfriend explaining it when we were in tesco, I said I need the partner of pale, he asked what pale I said you don't know the pale? You know what jack and hill fetch hahahahaha. And we ended up with never mind as we didn't see any dipper in tesco

So now it's my second day, what has to be done? I'm under fiancée visa, can anyone share me a link of any list that I have to do? We need to do it until Friday as my fiancé is in vacation leave until Friday only.

Congrats!wait till its winter u would say ur in a freezer ur quite lucky to arrive summer time enjoy d sun in here while it last

Welcome to England. Enjoy the sun while its here.

Enjoy every moment of your new adventure...

What is pail and dipper?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Welcome to UK! Pail & dipper is also called a bucket & scoop (I think)
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Also I'm having problems as our comfort room has no pail and dipper hahahaha and I has a hard time to my boyfriend explaining it when we were in Tesco, I said I need the partner of pail, he asked what pail I said you don't know the pail? You know what 'Jack and Jill' fetch hahahahaha. And we ended up with never mind as we didn't see any dipper in Tesco

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Enjoy every moment of your new adventure...

What is pail and dipper?
    http://georyl.com/2010/11/toilet-paper-or-water-dipper/

A large plastic jug might suffice

Ohhhhhh.....that is the pail and dipper

Lol

I wondered when I stayed at Harlene's, as there were 9 of us in the house.... How come I put a fresh toilet roll in the toilet and 3 days later it was hardly touched..... Took me a while to work out they clean themselves like you know.....

Trusted Member
    Welcome to England !

Welcome to the UK.

Welcome to the UK
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Lovely day,..Enjoy
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Glad you enjoyed your first taste of travel ... and had a safe & pleasant trip, Jen.

to !

So okay I arrived yesterday at 7am....
    Welcome to UK Jen
    Your new home

Just in time for summer.

.........So now it's my second day, what has to be done? I'm under fiancée visa, can anyone share me a link of any list that I have to do? We need to do it until Friday as my fiancé is in vacation leave until Friday only.
    Register with your local doctor/dentist
    Follow these links:-
    How do I register with a GP?
    How to find an NHS dentist?

Add your name to the Council Tax Bill and utility bills (this will provide address ID to open bank account, applying for credit card, applying for FLR etc.)

Think about getting a bank account (probably only a 'basic' bank account as you will have no credit history)

Consider studying and passing the Life in UK Test (you need to pass this before applying for ILR). It's always easier to study and pass while you have time free before you start working.

For UK newcomers a pretty good general website worth reviewing is called Just arrived in UK

The very best website for all issues connected with all the UK Government Departments etc is here called GOV.UK
    You'll find a complete range of information and services. Very useful.....bookmark the ones you might need

You'll need to be familiar with the Provision of UK Health services within the NHS. Their website is NHS Choices

Yet another useful website for review by UK Newbies is Just Landed

Enjoy

Welcome It's more fun in the UK you know

Trusted Member

Better be, hadn't it.

Great to hear that you are both together in the UK now. I hope you can settle in well.

Thank you for the warm welcome! So far, I love here, fresh air and cold weather. Thank you also Terpe for the useful links, we will plan on those.

Are there any cheaper English tests here? Other than IELTS?

Banned
    Go to Argos and buy the £15 rice cooker

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Prod...er/9367809.htm

Not so long ago it was a tenner

Thank you for the warm welcome! So far, I love here, fresh air and cold weather.

Love that, it was the hottest day of the year yesterday and you're calling it cold weather. Wait till December

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Only just found this this thread Jen, welcome to the UK and I see you enjoyed your flight. Also you're enjoying the weather which at the moment is too hot for me. Just be aware that when the rain falls it will feel very cold but you will soon get used to it. I hope you enjoy being here as you have many new things to discover now and I see that you are beginning to notice one or two already.

Embrace what the UK has to offer Jen, because it is a beautiful and wonderful country, good luck and keep us posted!

Trusted Member
    Welcome to England Jen !

You can find the weather forecast, and times of sunrise / sunset , for Newton-Le-Willows here :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641546

Be aware, no weather forecasts for the UK are entirely accurate, especially more than a couple of days ahead But it's part of our culture here to talk - and complain - about the weather .

Awwww thank you for the warm welcome. So tomorrow will be the start of my week sorting out some stuff about NHS/GP, opening a bank account and boyfriend will sort out my gymn membership and adding my name to utility bills

He will be adding me in council bill tax, as my boyfriend know but he's unsure yet, do I have to pay for my stay £80 per month even if I don't have a job yet?

And also I tried going to I want tv of abs CBN but it's not letting me watch some Filipino tv shows, do you have anyway?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Awwww thank you for the warm welcome. So tomorrow will be the start of my week sorting out some stuff about NHS/GP, opening a bank account and boyfriend will sort out my gymn membership and adding my name to utility bills

He will be adding me in council bill tax, as my boyfriend know but he's unsure yet, do I have to pay for my stay £80 per month even if I don't have a job yet?

And also I tried going to I want tv of abs CBN but it's not letting me watch some Filipino TV shows, do you have anyway?

You can only view iwantv.com.ph in the Philippines because they have TFC.tv for the ones living overseas. But you can do a Google search and there are quite a few free online streaming for Filipino channels.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Phone your local council about your council tax liability. Just tell them your current situation...that you've just arrived in the country, etc. They will give you the CORRECT answer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Phone your local council about your council tax liability. Just tell them your current situation...that you've just arrived in the country, etc. They will give you the CORRECT answer.
    It will be very different to the terms & conditions applying to an economic migrant germ who jumped off the back of a lorry after binning his passport

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.
    Hello Jen!!! Welcome to England!! where football is IN and basketball is OUT hahaha!!
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

Regarding council tax. If a person lives on his own, he only pays 75% council tax.

If more than one adult lives in the home than you pay the full 100%.

They DO NOT make each individual in the house pay council tax.

Oh and regardless if you are working or not, if your boyfriend works, he pays full council tax if you live there too.... I am not sure what happens if the whole household are unemployed, but I can't see the local council letting anyone off lol

I've just registered to NHS, was trying to open a bank account in Lloyd's but problem is we do not have a printer so I guess it's an impossibility now.

And my boyfriend will put my name in some of his bills but it will take a month before we get a bill that has my name on it. We are scheduled to give notice in Manchester on 21st and I don't know what proof of billing address I can show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information