Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

PAL Cargo for shipping stuff to London?

Hi all! Has anyone here used PAL Cargo Services before?

I am flying with PAL with just 20kgs allowance for checked-in baggage. Excess baggage fee is ridiculously expensive! They don't offer pre-paid baggage services either - only for local flights! So we found this PAL Cargo Service in their website.

If you have any knowledge or experience with this service, please let me know if it was worth it or not?

Thank you.

How much extra do you need to take? Sometimes cheaper to upgrade to a Business Class seat for the extra allowance than paying the excess

Although I don't work for Pal Cargo, I do deal with other airlines' cargo. I think you will find it is just as expensive as paying excess cargo. Plus you will pay a handling and storage fee. Tbh, storage fees add up pretty quickly if you don't collect the day they receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Although I don't work for Pal cargo, I do deal with other airlines' cargo. I think you will find it is just as expensive as paying excess cargo. Plus you will pay a handling and storage fee. Tbh, storage fees add up pretty quickly if you don't collect the day they receive it.
    Good info Slip .....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    How much extra do you need to take? Sometimes cheaper to upgrade to a Business Class seat for the extra allowance than paying the excess
    Hi SimonH, I am looking at 50kgs max. We looked at the business class but that is way too expensive, so not an option any more.

Thanks for the reply anyway

Although I don't work for Pal cargo, I do deal with other airlines' cargo. I think you will find it is just as expensive as paying excess cargo. Plus you will pay a handling and storage fee. Tbh, storage fees add up pretty quickly if you don't collect the day they receive it.
    I called PAL cargo today and was told that a box sized 52cms x 52cms x 52cms with an estimated weight of 30kgs would cost about USD 422.05 roughly. And yes, I was told I will have to collect the box in London because they do not deliver. Thanks for letting us know about the other fees that might come up. That was not mentioned to me on the phone earlier today.

I also wondered about Customs in UK... if I am bringing my old stuff (pre-loved items - clothes, shoes, bags, books, wedding dress) a big wedding album as in the album alone weighs 6 kgs and like 9 pcs of a small item which are meant to be gifts for friends in UK. Do you know if I will be taxed even though they are all for personal use and gifts for friends and family ("pasalubong" is what we call it here in Manila)?

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Hi all! Has anyone here used PAL Cargo Services before?

I am flying with PAL with just 20 kgs allowance for checked-in baggage. Excess baggage fee is ridiculously expensive! They don't offer pre-paid baggage services either - only for local flights! So we found this PAL Cargo Service on their website.

If you have any knowledge or experience with this service, please let me know if it was worth it or not?

Thank you.
    Hi, I've never use PAL Cargo Services before but I can suggest you to use our local PHILPOST

Here's the link:

https://www.phlpost.gov.ph/rates.php

My mum recently sent me a parcel from Manila to Great Britain and it arrived in 10-12 days !! I think up to 30 kilos will cost you 15,000 pesos ...bargain!!

I flew with PAL last April, they usually follow what is written on your E-ticket (if you are using one??)...Economy/checked in luggage 30 kilos...never had problem going in and out of the airport (no excess luggage charges)
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hi, I've never use PAL Cargo Services before but I can suggest you use our local PHILPOST

Here's the link:

https://www.phlpost.gov.ph/rates.php

My mum recently sent me a parcel from Manila to Great Britain and it arrived in 10-12 days !! I think up to 30 kilos will cost you 15,000 pesos ...bargain!!

I flew with PAL last April, they usually follow what is written on your E-ticket (if you are using one??)...Economy/checked in luggage 30 kilos...never had problem going in and out of the airport (no excess luggage charges)
    30 kgs? The website and ticket shows only 20kgs allowance?

Yes, the Philpost is interesting! That is another option now. Thank you.

On my way to UK now (currently in Abu Dhabi Airport) my luggage weighed 40 kg at check in! Harlene was waiting outside for me to take anything I thought I'd have to take out to make the allowed 30 kg, but to my surprise they allowed it!

On my way to uk now (currently in Abu Dhabi Airport) my luggage weighed 40 kg at check in! Harlene was waiting outside for me to take anything I thought I'd have to take out to make the allowed 30 kg, but to my surprise they allowed it!
    Lucky you, Slip! Have a safe trip!

I sent goods weighing 7.5 kgs to UK by DHL and it cost 5,250 pesos and arrived 2 business days later ... wonderful service

Quote Originally Posted by mesmo View Post
    I sent goods weiging 7.5 kgs to UK by DHL and it cost 5,250 pesos and arrived 2 business days later ... wonderful service
    How did you contact them Mesmo?

I was in Manila at the time and took it to their local office in a Mall near the Century Park Hotel

I will be using Fedex. 30 kgs for Php14,879.60. Delivery will be after 4 days.
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mazza View Post
    I will be using Fedex. 30 kgs for Php14,879.60. Delivery will be after 4 days.
    That was cheap! I did an online quote from the Fedex website for 30kgs and it will cost around PHP 29K+. How did you manage to get that price?

Edit: Oh I've seen it now. Not bad. I've used Philpost in the past. I think I've paid around PHP12K/PHP15K for a 27kgs package. It arrived in UK in less than 2 weeks.

http://www.fedex.com/ph/rates/index.html
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information