Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

NAIA terminal fee will soon be included in airline tickets

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/...irline-tickets MANILA, Philippines - Good news: Departing passengers for international flights will soon no longer have to line up to pay terminal fees at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) and international air carrier representatives have agreed to include the international passenger service charge (IPSC), commonly known as terminal fees, in the price of airline tickets starting October 2014.

"(This new policy) improves traveling convenience and efficiency at NAIA by removing a whole process which unnecessarily adds to the passengers’ processing time, requiring them to line up when payment can be done ahead of time,” Transportation Secretary Jun Abaya said in a statement.

The integration of the terminal fee in airline tickets will lessen the queuing time for departing passengers at the NAIA, as well as free up a sizable area at the airport since the terminal fee counters will be removed.

The Philippines is currently the only ASEAN country that collects terminal fees at the airport.

The MIAA is set to sign the memorandum of agreement with air carriers later this month. Under the deal, the terminal fee will be integrated by default in the tickets, whether purchased online or through ticketing offices or travel agents.

Banned
    Some folks will be off a cash syphoning opportunity lost

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the 21st century.

Hello there , I'm flying this coming 3th of July , how much I'm going to pay in terminal 1? Isn't the travel insurance of php.1650 and the terminal free of php.550? I'm just confused ,,

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Hello there , I'm flying this coming 3th of July , how much I'm going to pay in terminal 1? Isn't the travel insurance of php.1650 and the terminal free of php.550? I'm just confused ,,
    Travel Tax = PHP 1620
    Terminal Fee = PHP 550

That's about it.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information