Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile Shipping stuff from Philippines to UK?

Hi! I have not posted here for a long time as we had been busy with lots of happenings! Since my last post, I had visited the UK and met my now ex-fiance's family and friends. Then I returned to Manila and planned for our wedding here. We got married and went away for honeymoon. Now I am a happy Mrs. and happy Mr. is back in the UK. Meanwhile we have applied for spousal visa couple of months ago and still waiting to hear from VFS here. We expect the spousal visa will be out soon so we are planning ahead of time to ship my stuff to the UK. Does anyone here know a reliable shipping company? I am sure some of you has done this before. Your advice would be much appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers!
    DAnn

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thank you, raynaputi! Looks like it is going to be expensive even if I used Philpost! Yaiks! I was hoping to find something like what they would call "buntis box" in Singapore. You only get charged one time for the size of the box and that is all you pay for, regardless of the weight. You fill your box as much as you can. It is delivered door to door. That was very useful and practical.

Well, it's different when it will come from Philippines to another country. You can't have balikbayan boxes from the Philippines as it's going outside the country. Although they have that but prices are different compared to balikbayan box prices as they calculate it by weight. Anyway, you can try looking for shipping companies which offer per cubic meter container spaces and check if they have prices that will cater for a few of your boxes. But in my case, I found Philpost the cheapest. My mum's company has freight businesses as their clients and she tried inquiring from their clients about shipping my things to UK and we both found it very expensive as well.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I might have found something that might be useful! Has anyone heard of this company?

http://excessluggage.co.uk/ebagbysea.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    I might have found something that might be useful! Has anyone heard of this company?

http://excessluggage.co.uk/ebagbysea.aspx
    I think that one does shipping FROM the UK to overseas.

We are a local London shipping company with a Global reach, Excess-Luggage are a leading UK professional extra Luggage, excess baggage shipping company located in Greater London offering international luggage relocation services to transport and move personal belongings, effects from the United Kingdom to Global destinations.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Banned
    They seem to act as an import agent

http://excessluggage.co.uk/import_uk.aspx

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I think that one does shipping FROM the UK to overseas.

Yep! Looks like it! Hubby still tried calling the number provided on the website but no answer :(
    I cant believe it is this stressful! AND difficult! There must have been a few who has migrated to the UK from Manila. Wonder how they did it without spending ridiculous amount of money! I don't mind the sea mail/surface even if it would take a little bit longer for the stuff to arrive in UK, but the fee! :(

Banned
    Yep! Looks like it! Hubby still tried calling the number provided on the website but no answer :(
    Business's are closed today in England it's a Public Holiday. Read my post above there is a link where they're involved in imports to UK

How many stuff are you intending to bring to the UK? How many boxes? Can't you just include it in your luggage on your flight going here and pay extra fee? I find Philpost the cheapest from my research in the past. If you think that it will be expensive to use Philpost, then others will surely be more expensive. Try contacting some freight companies in Manila and get some quote so you have ideas of how much you'll spend.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Business's are closed today in England it's a Public Holiday. Read my post above there is a link where they're involved in imports to UK
    Yes, of course! Bank holiday today. Doh! Oh well, we'll have to find something else :((

How much stuff are you intending to bring to the UK? How many boxes? Can't you just include it in your luggage on your flight going here and pay extra fee? I find Philpost the cheapest from my research in the past. If you think that it will be expensive to use Philpost, then others will surely be more expensive. Try contacting some freight companies in Manila and get some quote so you have ideas of how much you'll spend.
    At least 50kgs, Raynaputi. The books and documents will weigh a lot. We are also preparing for a wedding party in November so I am bringing some stuff for that as well. I have my guitar, our wedding portrait, wedding dress, cosmetic creams, etc. If I would be able to ship 50 kgs plus if I can get 30kgs baggage allowance on flight, that would just be perfect!

Errr...that's really heavy..
    -=rayna.keith=-

I forgot to mention, the wedding gifts we received last November are some of the things that I would like to ship. Would be really nice to see them in our home in UK. They are still in their boxes! We mentioned that in our wedding invites, for guests to not worry about bringing gifts at the wedding. They still did! Not complaining. The wedding presents are lovely but now it will hurt if I just leave them here!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Pity your not a Qatar privilege club member, they allow 30kilos per bag!

I forgot to mention, the wedding gifts we received last November are some of the things that I would like to ship. Would be really nice to see them in our home in UK. They are still in their boxes! We mentioned that in our wedding invites, for guests to not worry about bringing gifts at the wedding. They still did! Not complaining. The wedding presents are lovely but now it will hurt if I just leave them here!
    We are on the same boat DAnn...Wedding visitors still gave us some wedding presents although we told them not to bother themselves with it...now it's a headache for us how those stuffs will be sent here in the UK as there's no such thing as balikbayan box from PHILIPPINES to UK. We don't want to just leave it all there as they are our wedding presents, meaning they have these what we call "sentimental value" to me and my hubby.

Hi Aprilmaejon! I know right? Just the thought of not being able to bring the wedding presents is already breaking my heart! I am still praying and hoping to find a way!

Hi guys! My friend told me that Korean Air gives 100lbs check in baggage allowance! While KLM gives 50kgs for check in baggage allowance as well. How true this is, I am not sure yet. Just saw their messages so just about to check them out!

Hi guys! Anyone here knows what a C3 form is? I have downloaded a copy from the internet. Will print it and fill it up and then what next? I mean who do I give it to? I am sending a box to UK through Philpost.

Hi guys! Anyone here knows what a C3 form is? I have downloaded a copy from the internet. Will print it and fill it up and then what next? I mean who do I give it to? I am sending a box to UK through Philpost.
    What's a C3 form? What's it for?

If you are using Philpost International Express Mail Service (IEMS), all you need to do is bring all your items to your nearest Philpost branch and they will pack everything in front of you. Then you just have to pay, sign the receipts and they will give you a copy with tracking number.
    -=rayna.keith=-

What's a C3 form? What's it for?

If you are using Philpost International Express Mail Service (IEMS), all you need to do is bring all your items to your nearest Philpost branch and they will pack everything in front of you. Then you just have to pay, sign the receipts and they will give you a copy with tracking number.
    Hi raynaputi! I heard that I have to accomplish a C3 before sending stuff to the UK. Something to do with customs declaration I think but I am not sure...

​If you are sending your stuff via Philpost, you don't need to do that. I didn't have to provide such thing when I sent my stuff here. Philpost will handle everything. Hubby didn't also have to pay anything for customs. My box was delivered straight to the house in 2 weeks.
    -=rayna.keith=-

​If you are sending your stuff via Philpost, you don't need to do that. I didn't have to provide such thing when I sent my stuff here. Philpost will handle everything. Hubby didn't also have to pay anything for customs. My box was delivered straight to the house in 2 weeks.
    Yep, I will be using philpost to send stuff to UK. Some of it are my old stuff but some of them are wedding presents still in their boxes.

Thread Information