I don't know if the OP of this thread is still looking to meet someone but if he is (or anyone else is) then try Tagged. Its a free site that I used to meet my fiancé. I never went on there expecting to meet a Filipino, I tried it to see if there were any local people on there but I wasn't optimistic about meeting anyone. There was not many English people on there but lots of Filipino's chatting and wanting dating and so on. I was getting lots of messages from girls in the Philippines but I didn't want to meet anyone so far away so I quit the site. However I gave my Skype ID to one girl there who I enjoyed talking to. We spoke for a few more weeks and then entered in to a relationship and since there I have been to the Philippines and she has been here and now we are engaged. I think it worked because neither of us were looking for a relationship and we were able to just chat without any expectations and it allowed us to click and fall in love.

I must admit that on the morning of our first meeting when we were due to meet I was nervous as a small part of me was nervous she wouldn't show, not out of maliciousness but maybe being shy (she's really shy!). I had begged her not to be late (as she always runs late for work and she had a long trip to come and meet me) but she made a HUGE effort and arrived at my hotel early. While she was baking outside in the sun to meet me I was sat in the hotel room in my underpants with the air con on watching tv, haha. I went outside and met her bang on our agreed time. She had a huge smile and a hug for me. We went to my room to drop off her luggage and for the first 5 minutes it was weird...not awkward, just different. Here SHE IS!!! FINALLY!!! Not on a computer screen but right in front of me. Once we got to the hotel room and chatted for 5 minutes it was like we were always together and then we hit the ground running and never looked back.

Edit: didn't realise how old this thread was...sorry.