Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    How old are you bigmac if you don't mind me asking?

I also got few friends who was on a student visa then got married to a British man of the same age as them or younger even... no to older pipz with young heart they said. No offence meant again....
    No offence taken Aprilmaejon.

I'm now 66----she is 44. We met in Sept 2011....she was living locally to me. She was in the UK on a 4 year Student Visa--which expired in summer 2012. She was what we--in the UK--call a mature student. So there is a 22 year age difference. But your comment about age difference is spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    no offence taken aprilmaejon.

i'm now 66----she is 44. we met in sept 2011....she was living local to me. she was in the UK on a 4 year student visa--which expired in summer 2012. she was what we--in the UK--call a mature student. so there is a 22 year age difference. but your comment about age difference is spot on.
    Not so much difference compared to those in their 70s and got married to a 20 year old... That only happens in an online meeting I guess, not unless if an elderly that age marries his personal carer.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Not so much difference compared to those in their 70s and got married to a 20 year old... That only happens in an online meeting I guess, not unless if an elderly that age marries his personal carer.
    I've never been online looking for a lady, for a start I wouldn't know how to. Maritess and I first met in person May 2010 we married October 2011. I am now 71 years of age and Maritess is now 29 years of age and we get on so well together, if you were to see us together I don't think you would give the age gap a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I've never been online looking for a lady, for a start I wouldn't know how to. Maritess and I first met in person May 2010 we married October 2011. I am now 71 years of age and Maritess is now 29 years of age and we get on so well together, if you were to see us together I don't think you would give the age gap a thought!
    That is a good thing.

Anyway in the Philippines, it is more common to see a Filipina who is married to an older foreign man than to see a Filipina who is married to a younger foreign man.

People think that these young Filipinas are just using these men for their life to get better (to have a big house and live in luxury).

Most people think that it's much better to marry an old man as they have money, receive pensions, and they will likely to die soon...(not a very nice thing to think isn't it? The man is not dead yet but it sounds like that his grave is all ready for him).

I think few of these "scenarios" are true, and false for those who really fall in love despite of the big age difference.

When people in my town found out that I am engaged to a 28-year old foreign man, they asked me why a young man....? According to them, a young man doesn't have any money, no house, no savings and changes shirt so quick. I told them that I love my fiancé and I can't afford to be in a relationship with a man just for the sake of his money in the first place. They said that I am foolish for using my heart and not my head. They said that if I'm marrying a foreigner, it should be an old one so my future is brighter. Such a shame but that is how people back home judged my relationship. We haven't buy any land nor a house in the Philippines yet, and my mum still cooks and sells her food in the market to make some extra money----people said that this is because I married a young man and life for my family could have been a lot better if I married an older one.

I just ignore everything that they say and carry on living the life I chose to have, besides at the end of the day, this is my life, not theirs.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    That is a good thing.

Anyway in the Philippines, it is more common to see a Filipina who is married to an older foreign man than to see a Filipina who is married to a younger foreign man.

People think that these young Filipinas are just using these men for their life to get better (to have a big house and live in luxury).

Most people think that it's much better to marry an old man as they have money, receive pensions, and they will likely to die soon...(not a very nice thing to think isn't it? The man is not dead yet but it sounds like that his grave is all ready for him).

I think few of these "scenarios" are true, and false for those who really fall in love despite of the big age difference.

When people in my town found out that I am engaged to a 28-year old foreign man, they asked me why a young man....? According to them, a young man doesn't have any money, no house, no savings and changes shirt so quick. I told them that I love my fiancé and I can't afford to be in a relationship with a man just for the sake of his money in the first place. They said that I am foolish for using my heart and not my head. They said that if I'm marrying a foreigner, it should be an old one so my future is brighter. Such a shame but that is how people back home judged my relationship. We haven't buy any land nor a house in the Philippines yet, and my mum still cooks and sells her food in the market to make some extra money----people said that this is because I married a young man and life for my family could have been a lot better if I married an older one.

I just ignore everything that they say and carry on living the life I chose to have, besides at the end of the day, this is my life, not theirs.
    Sweet sentiments Aprilmaejon, your hubby is a real lucky guy......

Banned
    Not so much difference compared to those in their 70s and got married to a 20 year old... That only happens in an online meeting I guess, not unless if an elderly that age marry his personal carer.
    Yep--that's all part of my plan---lol

Thread Information