Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
I met my husband on Tagged.com, I was 18 back then and he was 27. Tagged is like Facebook, you can see the person's profile (pictures, likes, dislikes, interest, etc), I'm not recommending it as there are also lots of scammers in there as well, scammers are anywhere anyway. I am just saying as my love life started from there...

I sent him a friend request first along with my HELLO message after seeing his gorgeous face (profile picture). He accepted my request then replied to my message and the feeling was mutual, he was attracted to me first thing he saw my picture profile.

We started exchanging emails everyday, then decided to talk face to face using Skype. I myself sent him actual love letters in a nice perfumed piece of letter every month. The feelings became stronger and stronger each day which made us both scared of the outcome of the relationship...on my part, I thought he was just playing a young bachelors game with me, making me fall for him and leave me afterwards. I thought he was just fooling me around as he was young and people said that western men on their 25-35 still don't want to commit in a relationship as they just want sex, sex, sex and easy life. While on his part, he thought that I might be a scam, and according to him "I am too good to be true". That's why he came over to Philippines to see if I am real and to confirm our feelings to each other. We spent over a year chatting and exchanging emails everyday, then he visited me after I graduated from college, then when he went back home, both of us were struggling because we were apart so he proposed to marry me, get a fiancé visa and marry in England.

In over a year of chatting, we never talked about money. He offered to send me school allowance but I declined it. I am always put off by such a thing so he never mentioned it to me again but in his actual love letter in paper, he put some money in it along with a little present then he apologised for it.

Anyway, to make the story short, we are married for 2 years now and we actually got married twice, one here last April 2012 and one in the Philippines 3 weeks ago and we are happy...........
Great story