Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Been there done that. Some of us just like wedding cake. Would I do it again? Well there is no need I think these days,

But I will say this, what is mine is Ems. For what she has given me in such a short time she is worth every penny
    Nice!

Trusted Member
    When I find someone daft enough...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I'm very surprised that you said that!
    Seen too many guys taken to the cleaners by x wives
    They fall madly in love with some woman and bring her to the Uk
    After a few years of marriage she clears off with someone else taking half of the guy's hard earned wealth with her

I am just protecting myself from the worst case scenario and loved up guys seem to lose all sense of reality

"It will never happen to me" and "my wife is not like that"

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    After a few years of marriage she clears off with someone else taking half of the guys hard earned wealth with her

I am just protecting myself from the worst case scenario and loved up guys seem to lose all sense of reality

Be aware it can happen to anyone, it's no use going through life distrusting every woman that comes into your life!

Trusted Member
    After a few years of marriage she clears off with someone else taking half of the guys hard earned wealth with her

Yep, exactly as happened to me.

Scammers not only think we're rich but also stupid - thanks to the goons who brag on their dating profile about what they have.

Respected Member
    Be aware it can happen to anyone, it's no use going through life distrusting every woman that comes into your life!
    Yes thats true but you can do many things to protect yourself for future events
    Not getting married and not purchasing any land or accommodation overseas are 2 that spring to mind
    With 2 out of 3 marriages ending in divorce i would say the stakes are pretty high!

I have worked hard all my life for what i have got and i am not about to let any x wife get her hands on it

I have worked hard all my life for what i have got and i am not about to let any x wife get her hands on it
    I agree with some of what you say but sometimes you have to share. I would never buy anything I did not have full rights of ownership to. We have been married for 25 years and have 2 grown up children and if we did decide to divorce I would expect her to walk away with half our assets, even though I owned my house before we met.
    If I wanted to fight over it I am not sure how successful I would be but the kids would get it in the end anyway.
    If your marriage was going pear shaped I suppose you could always remortgage and run off with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Scammed three times in as many years by girls he's never met and he's still going back for another portion

Someone needs to take this young man aside and have a word.

Learn by your mistakes, and it should never happen again, be careful keep something in reserve and live life everyday

Trusted Member
    Just read that.

What a !

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Scammed three times in as many years by girls he's never met and he's still going back for another portion

Someone needs to take this young man aside and have a word.

Someone in the comments section below the article suggests that this kid may have Aspergers or something similar.. Got to say that I do feel sorry for him..
    Hopefully he gets what he is looking for.

After almost 22 years of marriage, I returned home from the Philippines to find my key would not open the door at home, my car was in the drive, and divorce proceedings were in motion. Also, my savings had been moved into another a/c - all on the strength of a rumour - and never did see my home again. And out of my half of our savings, I was left with a £5000 shortfall.

Never fought for anything - just calmly let everything go to my ex. Without going into detail, I have some regrets but decided to move forward with my life. My ex wife and I had a perfect life (or so I thought) no mortgage no debt. We had savings and a very beautiful home in a nice rural area that we purchased in 2007. Cornwall and Philippines every year - sometimes twice a year - also, the last twelve years of our time together we had a new car every year (no finance) and during all the years together never argued - just an occasional difference of opinion (Perfect life).

Forgot to mention no the last thirteen years of our life together!

I reckon the clue was in the last sentence Michael.

I reckon the clue was in the last sentence Michael.
    Partly Pete, but my biggest regret was not fighting for what I was entitled to!

Sorry to hear Michael

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Someone in the comments section below the article suggests that this kid may have Aspergers or something similar..
    Possibly, but my guess he's like this because his head is always in a bible and cut off from the real world.

After almost 22 years of marriage, I returned home from the Philippines to find my key would not open the door at home, my car was in the drive, and divorce proceedings were in motion. Also, my savings had been moved into another a/c - all on the strength of a rumour - and never did see my home again. And out of my half of our savings, I was left with a £5000 shortfall.

Never fought for anything - just calmly let everything go to my ex. Without going into detail, I have some regrets but decided to move forward with my life. My ex wife and I had a perfect life (or so I thought) no mortgage no debt. We had savings and a very beautiful home in a nice rural area that we purchased in 2007. Cornwall and Philippines every year - sometimes twice a year - also, the last twelve years of our time together we had a new car every year (no finance) and during all the years together never argued - just an occasional difference of opinion (Perfect life).

Forgot to mention no the last thirteen years of our life together!
    A rumour probably concocted by herself to serve as an excuse for her actions and also to make you look like the bad guy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    A rumour probably concocted by herself to serve as an excuse for her actions and also to make you look like the bad guy.
    Spot on and the best way to get everyone on their side is to say the "husband" was a heavy drinker, a wife beater and never provided any food

Most people will turn against you after hearing that................

........the "husband" was a heavy drinker, a wife beater and never provided any food
    Sadly that can also often turn out to the case

A very unfortunate outcome for the wife

Hi everyone,

I agree with you Jamie xxxMarie.nowadays, it's hard to trust anyone and to those ladies who are just after money I hope you have a conscience. Some guys are just wanting to be happy and find the right one. Although I know there are still a lot of genuine Filipina looking for a genuine British guys who will love them back - including my friends. They are beautiful both inside and out. Very nice personalities, and stable with their jobs. I'm happy to recommend them because I know them deeply. Anyone interested just pm me and I am happy to give their photos and email addresses.

Trusted Member
    Time you had some 'rep' young lady.

I hope your inbox doesn't explode.

I think she deserves a silver star at the very least

So sorry to hear about the break up of your relationship, Jamie. Glad to hear that you don't think all women are motivated by wealth, I'm certainly not

How about dropping Maria (as you have done in reality) from your name and just becoming JamieXXX
    (looks more like Jamie kisses then)

Quote Originally Posted by Blesslady View Post
    Hi everyone,

I agree with you Jamie xxxMarie.nowadays, it's hard to trust anyone and to those ladies who are just after money I hope you have a conscience. Some guys are just wanting to be happy and find the right one. Although I know there are still a lot of genuine Filipina looking for a genuine British guys who will love them back - including my friends. They are beautiful both inside and out. Very nice personalities, and stable with their jobs. I'm happy to recommend them because I know them deeply. Anyone interested just pm me and I am happy to give their photos and email addresses.
    There is good and bad in all. When I used to go over to see my wife there were lots of foreigners out there trying to take advantage of the pinay girls. In my opinion it works both ways. A genuine British guy is just as hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    So sorry to hear about the break up of your relationship, Jamie. Glad to hear that you don't think all women are motivated by wealth, I'm certainly not

How about dropping Maria (as you have done in reality) from your name and just becoming JamieXXX
    (looks more like Jamie kisses then)
    Thanks Rosie. Yep, not all women are gold diggers. She has to be out there somewhere!

Actually Rosie, I think you could teach the younger female generation a thing or two about morals!

As for my name, I put in a request for a change a couple of days ago so I'm just waiting for the cheque to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    As for my name, I put in a request for a change a couple of days ago so I'm just waiting for the cheque to clear.
    Looks like you got it!

Quicker, less painful and cheaper than if the name was tattooed on you somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Quicker, less painful and cheaper than if the name was tattooed on you somewhere
    I made that mistake earlier in my career but in my defence, I was with her for over a decade.

Fortunately I was able to get another tattoo which completely covered it.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    I met my husband on Tagged.com, I was 18 back then and he was 27. Tagged is like Facebook, you can see the person's profile (pictures, likes, dislikes, interest, etc), I'm not recommending it as there are also lots of scammers in there as well, scammers are anywhere anyway. I am just saying as my love life started from there...

I sent him a friend request first along with my HELLO message after seeing his gorgeous face (profile picture). He accepted my request then replied to my message and the feeling was mutual, he was attracted to me first thing he saw my picture profile.

We started exchanging emails everyday, then decided to talk face to face using Skype. I myself sent him actual love letters in a nice perfumed piece of letter every month. The feelings became stronger and stronger each day which made us both scared of the outcome of the relationship...on my part, I thought he was just playing a young bachelors game with me, making me fall for him and leave me afterwards. I thought he was just fooling me around as he was young and people said that western men on their 25-35 still don't want to commit in a relationship as they just want sex, sex, sex and easy life. While on his part, he thought that I might be a scam, and according to him "I am too good to be true". That's why he came over to Philippines to see if I am real and to confirm our feelings to each other. We spent over a year chatting and exchanging emails everyday, then he visited me after I graduated from college, then when he went back home, both of us were struggling because we were apart so he proposed to marry me, get a fiancé visa and marry in England.

In over a year of chatting, we never talked about money. He offered to send me school allowance but I declined it. I am always put off by such a thing so he never mentioned it to me again but in his actual love letter in paper, he put some money in it along with a little present then he apologised for it.

Anyway, to make the story short, we are married for 2 years now and we actually got married twice, one here last April 2012 and one in the Philippines 3 weeks ago and we are happy...........
    What a lovely story I wish you both all the happiness and I hope I get the same happiness myself

Thread Information