Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Thumbs up Philippine Passport Renewal at the Philippine Embassy London

I am not pretty sure if this kind of thread has been posted before but I would like to share my experience on renewing my passport as well as changing my surname to my married name.

Requirements for all applicants for e-passport:

-Personal Appearance is required
    -Duly accomplished application form There are forms available in the embassy but just to make it easy print your own, fill it all up with your information then its ready to go.
    -Other supporting documents (please refer to the list below)
    -The passport fee is £43.00 payable in cash or British postal order (We do not accept personal cheques, debit/credit cards for payment).

Additional requirements for passport renewal:

-Applicant’s old passport
    -Photocopy of old passport’s data page. There is a photocopier in the embassy, 20p per copy. Make sure you have plenty 20p's in your pocket as they dont have any change in the embassy.
    -If passport being renewed is the old brown passport, submit supporting documents with complete middle name.
    -Former Filipinos who have re-acquired Philippine citizenship must bring copies of their Oath of Allegiance.

Additional requirements for married women who wish to use surname of spouse in their passports:

(Note: The Embassy will no longer process applications for amendment of name in a machine readable passport. Applicants are required to renew the passport instead)

-If married in the Philippines, the original and a photocopy of the marriage certificate (authenticated by the National Statistics Office). A copy of husband’s valid passport or birth certificate.
    -If marriage was performed outside the Philippines, (a) the original and four (4) copies of the Marriage Certificate, (b) four (4) duly accomplished Report of Marriage forms (which are available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website), (c) four (4) passport size photos of husband and wife, taken within the last 6 months, (d) four (4) photocopies of the passports of the husband and wife. The Report of Marriage fee is £18. If the marriage had been solemnized for more than a year prior to the filing of Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18 for late registration. If you already have reported your marriage to the Philippine Embassy, bring the stamped report of marriage with you, the one they returned to you when you submitted the report. Also photocopy the report of marriage page and your marriage contract.
    -If marriage was performed outside the United Kingdom, please submit the original and four (4) photocopies of the marriage certificate duly authenticated by the Embassy of the country where marriage was celebrated.
    -In case of death of husband, applicant must provide the original and four (4) copies of the death certificate of the late husband.
    In case of divorce or annulment, applicant must provide four (4) photocopies of the divorce or annulment papers. Please note that the applicant may have her name changed to that of her second spouse only if the petitioner of the divorce of the previous marriage is the foreign spouse.

List of other supporting documents:

-Marriage Contract
    -Baptismal Certificate
    -PRC/IBP ID
    -Seaman’s Book
    -Land Title
    -Driver’s License
    -Government Service Record
    -Old SSS-E1 form
    -Transcript of Records
    -Voter’s Registration Record

Actually they didnt ask any of this identification or supporting documents from me on renewing my passport and changing it to my married name BUT in case and just in case they will ask you, its better to be ready so I will advise you to bring 2-3 of these

Reminders:

-Passports unclaimed after six (6) months will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
    -The Embassy is authorized to reject applications not supported by sufficient documentary requirements.
    -The Philippine Embassy Consular Section is located at 6 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HG.
    -The Embassy is open from 9:00am to 1 :00 pm and 2 :00 to 5:00pm, Mondays thru Fridays, except holidays. After submission of applications, applicants will be notified when processed passports will be ready for collection.
    -Passports may be claimed in person by the applicant after 6-8 weeks from the date of application or completion of the computer generated form for the passport.
    -Passports may be posted to the applicant by the Embassy upon submission of a self-addressed special delivery pre-paid envelope at the time of the application. If like me lives 3 hours from London and couldnt afford to spend another day in the city just by collecting the passport then bring a self addressed special delivery pre-paid envelope with you to avoid any delays. There is a post office nearby, 5 mins walk from the embassy but quite hard to find if your not that good in London. Better check the location at google map.

Few Tips:

-upon arrival at the embassy, enter the room on the left and find the number dispenser, secure a number and then wait to be called. only if you have your docus like forms filled up with your infos, photocopies, payment etc thats ready to go.
    -if you havent got any forms, photocopy etc then the room in the right side of the embassy is your first stop.
    -if your number is called proceed to the window, hand over your docus then after they had a look at it they will give you a small paper to take to the cashier for the payment of the fee.
    -after the payment, you will be asked to go upstairs for your fingerprints and photographs.
    -sit and wait to be called. if you havent got a coat/blazer with collar they have a rack of blazers at the far end of the waiting room, just at the back of the door, you can choose and use it for your photograph.
    -after the biometrics, the encoding staff will ask you to have a look at the computer screen to check your details, those details are the details that will come out in your new passport so make sure you thoroughly check all of them.
    -if you are planning to drive to London, you have to pay congestion charge of £10 for the day, http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge.
    -there is also a multi story park building near the embassy, £5 an hour, Titan parking it says, just next to the odeon cinema at whitcomb st at the back of leicester square.

Hope this one helps!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I made this thread a sticky.

By the way, you don't have to wear a shirt with collar or a coat. It's not a requirement (contrary to what it has been in the past). I wasn't wearing a shirt with collar when I renewed my passport and that was fine. They also didn't ask/require me to use any of their coats.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I made this thread a sticky.

By the way, you don't have to wear a shirt with collar or a coat. It's not a requirement (contrary to what it has been in the past). I wasn't wearing a shirt with collar when I renewed my passport and that was fine. They also didn't ask/require me to use any of their coats.
    No, not necessary to wear any collars and I wasn't wearing a top with collar but they asked me to get one of their coats/ blazer thing located at the back of the door for me to wear just for the photograph taking. They provide them in the Embassy, so I didn't bother wearing one.

Hello, how much you pay all in all? Coz I want to change my surname soon..do I have to pay £43 to renew my passport and £18 for the report of marriage??

If you have reported your marriage before and receive the stamped report of marriage that the embassy returned to you then you dont have to pay for it, just bring the stamped report of marriage and you will only pay the fee for renewing the passport.

Banned
    The last time my asawa went there she came back with some food they were flogging

We can't collect new passport same day then? Can we do the report of marriage online, since it is nearly a year? (We want to get it done asap). Or do we have to travel to London to do that too?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENJAG View Post
    We cant collect new passport same day then? Can we do the report of marriage online, since it is nearly a year? (We want to get it done asap). Or do we have to travel to London to do that too?
    New passport from the Philippine Embassy London will take between 8 - 12 weeks
    My wife just received hers last week after 9 weeks

Passports are done in Manila.

It's a pretty slick and simple process these days.
    Biometrics processing all done at the Embassy

you can either do it via post or in person. fill up the forms thats needed, get docus ready and just to make sure ring the embassy first to confirm the requirements on the website.

For passports Personal Appearance is required.

For report of marriage, it's as indicated above by melovesengland.

Just be aware the Embassy might stick a late report fee on top of the regular consular charge

Do I have to make an appointment to renew my passport at the Philippine Embassy? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by proudMummy View Post
    Do I have to make an appointment to renew my passport at the Philippine Embassy? Thanks!
    No you don't. But make sure you bring all the documents needed. Make sure you photocopy them. All the documents are listed on post#1. Download the form and fill it up before you go to the Embassy. This will make everything faster for you. Also, the Embassy will only accept cash or a postal order.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks Rayna!

Hi. When I go to the Embassy to renew my passport, will they take and keep my current passport? Does this mean within 6 to 8 weeks I do not have a passport with me? Or will they just take a photocopy?

Quote Originally Posted by the_Sherwinat0r View Post
    Hi. When I go to the Embassy to renew my passport, will they take and keep my current passport? Does this mean within 6 to 8 weeks I do not have a passport with me? Or will they just take a photocopy?
    Your passport will be returned to you. When you get your new passport, you have to punch holes on your old one to indicate it's already invalid.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Your passport will be returned to you. When you get your new passport, you have to punch holes on your old one to indicate it's already invalid.
    Ok thanks for the answer. Thats good they will not keep my current passport while waiting for the new one

If someone's been down the "Oath of Allegiance" and renewing passport route recently, could you possibly update me? ... as trying to contact the Philippine Embassy is a bit of a mission

1. Do they only hold the Oath ceremonies on Mon-Fri? ..... anyone done one on a Saturday?

2. Their automated message mentioned 12 weeks for a new passport. Is this correct?

3. Is your old passport valid until the new one comes through?

Thanks in advance.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    If someone's been down the "Oath of Allegiance" and renewing passport route recently, could you possibly update me? ... as trying to contact the Philippine Embassy is a bit of a mission

1. Do they only hold the Oath ceremonies on Mon-Fri? ..... anyone done one on a Saturday?

2. Their automated message mentioned 12 weeks for a new passport. Is this correct?

3. Is your old passport valid until the new one comes through?

Thanks in advance.
    I cant answer 1 & 3 but early this year my wife renewed her passport and it took 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    For passports Personal Appearance is required.

For report of marriage, it's as indicated above by melovesengland.

Just be aware the Embassy might stick a late report fee on top of the regular consular charge
    Hi Terpe,
    My British husband and I got married in the Philippines. I renewed my passport in Manila and changed to my married name at the same time before I entered the UK on spouse visa. My question is, do we have to report our marriage to the Philippine embassy for my next passport renewal?

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Hi Terpe,
    My British husband and I got married in the Philippines. I renewed my passport in Manila and changed to my married name at the same time before I entered the UK on spouse visa. My question is, do we have to report our marriage to the Philippine embassy for my next passport renewal?
    No. You just have to show your marriage cert from NSO (along with other requirements). Report of marriage is only for those married in the UK and other countries.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Do you guys also provide a copy of your NSO authenticated birth Certificate? because it says in the No. 3 of additional requirements for passport renewal that "If passport being renewed is the old brown passport or machine readable passport (MRP), submit NSO authenticated Birth Certificate and other supporting documents with complete middle name and place of birth."

Tho, I got a copy from NSO (5 years old by now) I am worried that they would not accept it because they may require the copy of not older than six (6) months from the date of payment.

Please help! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by smileyangel View Post
    Do you guys also provide a copy of your NSO authenticated birth Certificate? because it says in the No. 3 of additional requirements for passport renewal that "If passport being renewed is the old brown passport or machine readable passport (MRP), submit NSO authenticated Birth Certificate and other supporting documents with complete middle name and place of birth."

Tho, I got a copy from NSO (5 years old by now) I am worried that they would not accept it because they may require the copy of not older than six (6) months from the date of payment.

Please help! Thank you!
    That's fine, you can submit that NSO copy you have. There's no requirement that it should be new.
    -=rayna.keith=-

That's fine, you can submit that NSO copy you have. There's no requirement that it should be new.
    Thanks Rayna!

What is the earliest you can renew your passport, it is still 6 months as i hear it is 9 months now on a 10 year UK passport and are Filipino passports still only 5 years and not 10 like they are here?

Just renewed my passport on October 11 coz they said it will take at least 10-12 weeks processing and my passport will expire May 2017 so i decided to have it renewed early.but i was amazed by the speed of renewal coz after 3 weeks i get my passport back and yes still 5 years validity,dont need 5 years tho
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    Just renewed my passport on October 11 coz they said it will take at least 10-12 weeks processing and my passport will expire May 2017 so i decided to have it renewed early.but i was amazed by the speed of renewal coz after 3 weeks i get my passport back and yes still 5 years validity,don't need 5 years tho

So you applied for a new passport at least 7 months before your last one expired and they were ok with this? Did they add on all the months to your new passport or only 6 months plus 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    So you applied for a new passport at least 7 months before your last one expired and they were ok with this? Did they add on all the months to your new passport or only 6 months plus 5 years?

They don't add up the months left. You can renew a Philippine passport whenever you want it. There's no minimum validity requirement. They even renew expired ones.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Thread Information