Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Well, Well, Well ...

... now ain't this AMAZING!

... "what is?" I can almost hear you ask.

Well ... in the "wee sma' hours" of this morning - lo~ng after my wife, Myrna had gone to bed - I was looking through facebook to see what my [other] nearest and dearest had been up to in the past few days.

Now ... ... I knew my daughter and family were away touring in their caravan over the Easter Holidays (the schools being off and my son-in-law being a teacher). So I clicked on my son Alastair's page ... or thought I had ... then discovered to my embarrassment, I'd gone and inadvertently clicked on the name of another Alastair altogether ... a bloke whom I last saw back in *1979 when he was a Social Worker at the Perth Prison Welfare Unit where I had worked for so many years as Records Officer.

Anyway, this Alastair transferred to Edinburgh Social Services around September *that year ... nearly 31/2 decades ago. Now the cause of my discomfiture, can be attributed to me being a nosy old bugger and, as such, I'd been curious to ascertain whether this was, indeed, the same guy I had worked beside ... and, in my haste, ended up clicking on the part requesting friendship.

Well ... lo and behold this afternoon, I received his response in the form of a mobile phone text message that said it was nice (if a bit of a shock ) to hear from me after so long, and inviting me to keep in touch.

Forgive my rush of overexcitement! But I simply couldn't wait to share this happy coincidence with my forum friends.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 23rd August 2016 at 13:00.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Fantastic Arthur, I'm so pleased for you also a little envious because when Maritess is at work I have no one at all to see or speak to or even call or text!

you see if used properly facebook can be very good,

At least this is the 'right' person eh .... not like that funeral a few years ago
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Trusted Member
    Well, well, well ... if you search Facebook under " Find all people named "Arthur Little" " there are " over 100 "

But we all know there's only ONE Arthur Little on the Forum ... our trusted friendly moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Well, well, well ... if you search Facebook under " Find all people named "Arthur Little" " there are " over 100 "
    OMG... He's been cloned

I was supposed to have been cloned by a dyslexic.... but I ended up being clowned
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    i found my son on a facebook search--all i found was his name and approx location. no photos--no information. i hadnt had any contact with him for over 25 years. it took a while to gradually establish some form of a relationship.

last september i attended his second wedding. in november he ( and his lovely bride ) met my fiancee.

i doubt i would ever have seen him again if it wasnt for facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Fantastic Arthur, I'm so pleased for you also a little envious because when Maritess is at work I have no one at all to see or speak to or even call or text!
    Thanks, Michael. But dare I say, I'm also a little envious of you ... since you've still a full "thatch" on top, all (or most) of your own teeth and manage to maintain an exceptional level of fitness on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    At least this is the 'right' person eh .... not like that funeral a few years ago
    Quite!

...................................................................... !

... just as well !

Well, well, well ... if you search Facebook under Find " all people named Arthur Little " there are over 100
    So I've since discovered, Alan ... and - believe it or not - on perusing the full list, I even uncovered a lookalike in the process.

Spooky!

But we all know there's only ONE Arthur Little on the Forum ... our trusted friendly moderator
    Ah ... kind of you to say so,

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    OMG... He's been cloned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    So I've since discovered, Alan ... and - believe it or not - on perusing the full list, I even uncovered a lookalike in the process.
    Cloned? Well ... ... there you go, Keith ... !

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    i found my son on a facebook search--all i found was his name and approx location. no photos--no information. i hadnt had any contact with him for over 25 years. it took a while to gradually establish some form of a relationship.

last september i attended his second wedding. in november he ( and his lovely bride ) met my fiancee.

i doubt i would ever have seen him again if it wasnt for facebook.
    Heartwarming story, BIG MAC ... we really appreciate your sharing it with us.

... judging by the number of posts I've crammed into this thread in rapid succession over the last 60 minutes or so, it does rather look as if I have, indeed, been cloned!

Well, well, well.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... judging by the number of posts I've crammed into this thread in rapid succession over the last 60 minutes or so, it does rather look as if I have, indeed, been cloned!

Well, well, well.

... and reached 17,000 posts ... well, well, well done Arthur

... and reached 17,000 posts ... well, well, well done Arthur
    Thanks, Alan ... I seem to've contributed a lot fewer posts than usual on the forum lately, and was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get much beyond the 16,000s.

Thread Information