Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Pre-nups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    Since there is so much focus on the level of failed marriages out there, then let there be no surprise in the fact that everyone signs a pre-nup just to be 110% of their future.

I'm looking to getting married next year in the Phillipines, and I am just wondering what's involved in getting a prenup set up.

Like I've said, I love my gf truly, and she loves me the same way, but with the world making reference to a 50% divorce rate in a lot of developing world countries, how can you blame my simple mind from not thinking a prenup is important.

Thank you, and enjoy the weather
    Hiya eddiek,

After agree with the other guys, basically prenups are not worth the paper there are written on.

Stastistics as I have posted before from the US Census Bureau put as follows:

Western/Western marriage divorce rate 57%

Western/Foreign marriage divorce rate 20%

So take it from there, I know some of the forum members have been divorced from there foreign partners but you have to ask yourself like Joe has put about having a prenup might constitute to doubts about the person you plan to marry.

Food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya eddiek,

After agree with the other guys, basically prenups are not worth the paper there are written on.

Stastistics as I have posted before from the US Census Bureau put as follows:

Western/Western marriage divorce rate 57%

Western/Foreign marriage divorce rate 20%

So take it from there, I know some of the forum members have been divorced from there foreign partners but you have to ask yourself like Joe has put about having a prenup might constitute to doubts about the person you plan to marry.

Food for thought...
    divorce rates in England and Wales.

34% of marriages are expected to end in divorce by the 20th wedding anniversary.

6% of marriages are expected to end in the death of one partner by the 20th wedding anniversary.

Therefore 60% of marriages are expected to survive to the 20th anniversary.

The average marriage is expected to last for 32 years.
    http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/...ing-in-divorce

13 facts about divorce in the England and Wales.
    http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/...-13-facts.html
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information