Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Child Passport [COUNTERSIGNING]

In process to get my 1 y/o daughter her passport she in Philippines with my wife we just married in jan been together 6 years now we want sort her visa but wanting get passport for our daughter 1st ,just one thing troubling me before I do it here in uk to send to passport office , I got all required documents just the trouble is and I read over and over but not states who can sign the child passport photo

If you’re applying from outside the UK, they must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport. But your application will be processed more quickly if they have a British or Irish passport. so does this mean I have to have british national from even she in Philippines .or can Philippine national do this takes longer process .not sure what to do here with countersign she born in Philippines she now 1 y/o getting her 1st passport ..
    thank for great site this forum is the best I read a lot things here and it help great deal ,hope this question and answers to this question helps others applying too ,,

It should be someone of higher standing in the community, a teacher, headmaster/principal, police it has to be someone who has known you for 2 years. We knew a local teacher so she signed both our children's photographs, and filled the C2 form, but now the system is all online, so I am not sure of the process exactly now.

But I would be sure about 'who' can countersign.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Good luck with all this new online stuff.

Not sure how much research you've done, but anyway this publication might help - Applying for a passport from outside the UK - Guide to the online application service

Look to page 10 for the Countersignatories section.

Here's some good guidance notes/info that should help you also - Applying for a passport from outside the UK Supporting Documents

It's reasonably well laid out in 'Table-format' .....be sure to follow the notes.

Here's the link to the Online Applications

Thanks all info and I keep informed what happens

Hi, sunset, I'm British also in the process of getting my (3) childrens first British passport. I'm in the Philippines as of now and just applied, (December 2013) when i first checked it said i should use a person in the Philippines with a British passport or USA p/port, but having trouble finding a full time working UK person in the Philippines who i can honestly say i know for 2 years I would be lying : (so after a few emails over 4 weeks they said i can use somebody in the UK who knows me 2 years) and can say they would recognize my children if they met them ? so in Jan 2014 we finally met their rule ? So your question ? if that person knows you and could say they would recognize your child then they can sign (countersign) ! in the UK ! but please be aware it's now march 25th and i still dont have my children's passports because of 1 thing after another they keep asking for more & more info (doc's) and as of today my counter signer has said she got a letter today asking her to confirm in writing using a company letter head from who she work's ? good luck OH !! PS. please be aware when you submit your UK passport you wont get it back any time soon : (I'm now 12 weeks with no passport) and I'm stuck in the Philippines with no visa ? yes i asked them if they can return it under there web site rule of = duty of care to return all genuine doc's ASAP ? NO REPLY ?

I processed my son's passport when i was in Phils. through British Embassy. I asked my doctor/ob gyn who knows me for more than 2 yrs. (and who helped me with my son's delivery too) to sign at the back of son's pic. she informed me Embassy called her and asked few questions. It took us only 3 weeks to get his passport through post. Also my hubby didn't need to send his original passport. They only asked for certified true copy of all his passport pages signed by solicitor and that's it. Goodluck sunset112.

Took only just 3 weeks to get our daughter's passport in August 2013
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

bad timing for me then When i asked in the UK last year (2013) I was told I need to apply in Manila also ! But after a few weeks here every thing changed! We had our appointment booked in Embassy Manila and after 4 weeks we got an email saying they no longer accept passport applications for overseas passports and we should apply direct to GOV.UK!

So, as per website rules we checked what we needed and most of the things needed before had changed ouch!!! So I guess I was one of the first to apply this way from PH!

After doing our homework and getting 20 more docs and then getting them all notarized, we send them off on December 15 2013, but then they changed the rules again and said we cant use a Philippine person (even our doctor/ob who is of good standing, so we were told we needed a British or USA person in the Philippines to sign!!!

OMG the fun starts! It's now March 26 and still no passports their website says it's changed so they can speed up applications, make them smoother, and more secure? our first application said (up to 6 weeks) but they changed that also in 1st week of Feb and it now says minimum 6 weeks!

Oh, and for the record, we paid £83 per passport not including courier fees, and they have now changed the fee to £53? Ouch! Again I feel let down and robbed

Hi, when we applied my daughter's British passport, we used her Paediatrician (Filipino citizen) and she was happy to countersign my daughter's British passport application.

I am sure you can ask the GP of your child. Hope this helps and good luck!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello there ! God applying our two sons british passports is totally difficult and confusing at the same time.. I am not sure if I am sorting the right requirements sigh.. Can you please tell me what are the new requirements we are needing for my son's passports? Do I still need to include the CRS form no 5 with the documents ? Excluding their NSO birth certificates and our marriage cert , birth records , pictures what else do do we need to complete all the new requirements ? This is really so confusing.. My husband gonna send me his passport in next few days do I need to send his passports or copy of it will be OK ? Any suggestions would really help guys , thanks in advance !

Thread Information