Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Negative Reps

I'm guessing i can only see when i get one - can't see anything now in notifications.

Ah looked in settings but it only goes back so far but to be fair they are all green

would you like me to send you a bad rep Les

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    What I don't understand is someone complaining about getting neg reps.. No matter what you'll do/say, people won't always like you/agree with you. Even if you have multiple stars under your name, if I think you're crap, you're crap! Hahaha..It's like a big deal with you lot having reps. Is it a matter of life and death???? If you will help and give advice to people here, do you always expect to get positive reps? If you give positive reps, do you always expect to be given back? Maybe if you all expect things to be like that, maybe we can also require you lots to donate to the forum so this forum will continue to run smoothly???

By the way, for all those who donate (some even donate regularly), we appreciate it very much!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I don't even know if I have been given neg rep it just seems I have had a similar rep for ages, yet have received rep regularly, unless I got that wrong
    GaWaPito has probably forgot to give you a rep

you've been worrying about nothing

i don't know why your so concerned, move on and tomorrow is another day
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Perhaps it's a culture thing. ..one good turn deserves another. ..Some of us were brought like that...we call it good manners....which is more than likely absent in other cultures.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    GaWaPito has probably forget to give you a rep

you've been worrying about nothing
    i don't know why your so concerned, move on and tomorrow is another day
    I can't give Les anymore at the moment as I have to share them around.....which cld take a while.

What a bunch of drama queens

I really do not care two hoots, it was just something I was not that aware of, if anybody was small minded to give neg rep out.

I was having a bit of fun with you all, I'm more concerned about other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Perhaps it's a culture thing. ..one good turn deserves another. ..Some of us were brought like that...we call it good manners....which is more than likely absent in other cultures.
    manners maketh man
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

What a bunch of drama queens

I really do not care two hoots, it was just something I was not that aware of, if anybody was small minded to give neg rep out.

I was having a bit of fun with you all, I'm more concerned about other stuff.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I have a simple rule when it comes to giving positive rep .... MANCS GET NONE
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Trusted Member
    I'll tidy up then if you lot have finished in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I have a simple rule when it comes to giving positive rep .... MANCS GET ONE
    cheers scouser keith

Banned
    and we all lived happily ever after

till the next time

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Yes Les. ..it's more of an orange blob in the left hand column. Unless you look to see whom it came from or keeping a tally of what you've got then, you won't know.

The notification remains the same. .'reputation comment'
    Looks like out of the three of us Les is winning on the negatives - he's got 4 orange cards, me three and you one

Ah so that's the indication the 4 orange blobs on the right!
    Got it at last
    Saddos!

Banned
    Ah so that's the indication the 4 orange blobs on the right!
    Got it at last
    Saddos!
    Teachers Pets have a full set of greens

Ha ha i want a row full of orange please everybody

Orange blobs don't mean negative reps. It's just a counting system before you get a star. Look at the colors of the blobs, 5 dark green, 5 light green and then the orange blobs. Read my post again above.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Whatever happened to Mr blobby?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Orange blobs don't mean negative reps. It's just a counting system before you get a star. Look at the colors of the blobs, 5 dark green, 5 light green and then the orange blobs. Read my post again above.
    I guess this is it Rayna -

Post # 30

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    If you are getting neg reps and you have received plenty of positive ones in the past, you will only notice deductions of blobs.

Yup that's it. If you get a negative rep, your blobs will only be deducted, depending of how many points you get deducted. Rep Power under your name corresponds to points you are giving whenever you give out rep. It's different for every person. Maximum rep power you can have is 150 points. Every blob corresponds to different number of points. One green blob corresponds to 50 points, not sure how many is the other blobs though, but points increase with different colours.

That's why I told above that when a newbie, with 2 posts saying "Hi" got a rep 150, already has 3 green blobs. Whoever gave that rep doesn't really understand what reps are for. Well, if the forum gets trolls with Respected Member status, it's because of such acts.
    -=rayna.keith=-

I got a bad rep today.. I think Im going to throw myself under a multicab!!

This man is the Cause of it all!
    [IMG][/IMG]

In principle, members should only give 'positive' rep if they felt that an especially helpful post had been made in any area of the forum.
    Awarding another member a positive Reputation for a post that has been helpful just to the reader is acceptable.

Referring specifically to the thread topic of Negative Rep...it is possible to also reduce somebody’s rep score if it's felt they had made a particularly unhelpful post. We must all please keep in mind that what we might personally class as 'unhelpful' may well be helpful for somebody else, so please only make a negative reputation if you strongly feel that the comment can be classed as totally unhelpful for the vast majority of members, not just for you.

If a post or comment would be widely considered to most members to be rude, offensive or in breach of forum rules then negative rep may be given.
    In continued severe cases forum infractions or permanent banning might be used.
    Negative rep may also be given where a poster is directing personal abuse (or bullying) to another member...this might also result in a forum infraction or permanent banning from the forum.

Do please also note that for each time a positive or negative is given you must also give a reason why.
    This reason will be seen in the "Settings" section of the forum of the receiving member which shows a history of reputation awards and a points total.

The Reputation feature of our forum should NEVER be abused, and should not be used simply because you personally like or dislike someone or personally agree or disagree with something that's been said.

For those who still do not know the functioning....To give reputation click on the reputation icon (small black star shape) in lower greyed area within the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.

Giving 'Rep' (Reputation) (both positive and negative) is meant to be done with objectivity and respect

If any member would rather not have their Reputation score displayed under their username on forum posts then it might be possible to disable this feature.Just ask Admin if your personal account can be changed in this way.

I bet most of the rep ever given will be because you liked what someone said.

Maybe, maybe not.
    If members wish to cheat and abuse the forum rules they'll do it. Tells quite a bit about their character IMO

In principle any post that really contributes to the thread in a positive way probably deserves positive rep. IMO
    Doesn't mean that you agree with what was said. It might be that the poster said something completely opposite to what you believe, but made such a good point nonetheless, and was worthy of a "pat on the back".

Not many people consider that aspect.
    There's a lot of partisan motivation these days and it's having a negative impact generally.

Maybe a sign of the times.......maybe part of the me, me, me attitude.

Oh, I daresay, many "exchange hands" on account of one member liking what another has said, Les.

's fair enough ... ... it's human nature ... we're not quibbling there. ... there IS, however, a limit! Freely handing out rep to those who are newcomers to the forum - simply because the latest gorgeous young lady bats her eyelids in an attractive manner, for example (which has happened on a number of occasions recently, believe me!) - more than surpasses this limit.

Now, the Mods are fully aware of the culprit(s) and must stress, most emphatically, that the aforementioned practice cannot be allowed to continue if we are to avoid (what is an excellent form of recognition for worthy posts) sliding into disrepute.

Henceforth, then ... we look forward to members' fullest co-operation in this respect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information