Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Unhappy Dual Citizenship

If you reacquire your Filipino Citizenship, would that mean that you got two passports? If you are going to the Philippines which passport are you going to use? What citizenship do you need to put in your documents, british or filipino? I am just confused about all this stuff. Thanks

london well away from those people up norf
    I guess you can use either passport you like their are benefits for both and if you do a little search on the website you should be able to find threads regarding this matter.

Just put british Filipino or Filipino British i guess

Respected Member
    Hi Ghie,

This I post is funny.

I have a friend who has dual citizenship. She tells me that everytime she goes back home to Manila, she uses the Green Passport (Philippines) but whenever time comes that she is being mistreated by some NAIA personnel, she pulls out her Brit Passport so she is being accommodated nicely...

She often indicates "British-Filipino" as her citizenship on papers here in the UK and she indicates as well that she has dual citizenship because some forms have those items that ask whether you have dual citizenship or not.

Banned
    GieIf you reacquire your Filipino Citizenship, would that mean that you got two passports? If you are going to the Philippines which passport are you going to use? What citizenship do you need to put in your documents, british or filipino? I am just confused about all this stuff. Thanks
    I have dual citizenship which is Filipino and British. I've got 2 passport. I did used the British passport last time I went Phils but doesn't matter which passport you're going to use. Here in UK, I put British to my all documents not unless the form got dual. In the Phils. I am filipino citizen but if I am dealing immigration I am dual citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMZ View Post
    Hi Ghie,

This I post is funny.

I have a friend who has dual citizenship. She tells me that everytime she goes back home to Manila, she uses the Green Passport (Philippines) but whenever time comes that she is being mistreated by some NAIA personnel, she pulls out her Brit Passport so she is being accommodated nicely...

She often indicates "British-Filipino" as her citizenship on papers here in the UK and she indicates as well that she has dual citizenship because some forms have those items that ask whether you have dual citizenship or not.

Jamz Thanks at least now I've got an idea which is which lolz!

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    GieIf you reacquire your Filipino Citizenship, would that mean that you got two passports? If you are going to the Philippines which passport are you going to use? What citizenship do you need to put in your documents, british or filipino? I am just confused about all this stuff. Thanks
    I have dual citizenship which is Filipino and British. I've got 2 passport. I did used the British passport last time I went Phils but doesn't matter which passport you're going to use. Here in UK, I put British to my all documents not unless the form got dual. In the Phils. I am filipino citizen but if I am dealing immigration I am dual citizen.
    Thank you very much for the info Charl. This infor really helps a lot!

I meant information lolz

Instead of 3 posts......people can use the Multi-Quote button, that is the one next to the QUOTE button.

Just click it on the posts you want to QUOTE, then click QUOTE in the last one. Voila, all appear in the same post. Or you could read the FAQ on how to use the forum
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Hi Ghie,

This I post is funny.

Uno 1

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    Uno 2

is that how your suppose to do it , never knew that , and there is a FAQ ! , been here a year and you learn something everday

Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    If you reacquire your Filipino Citizenship, would that mean that you got two passports? If you are going to the Philippines which passport are you going to use? What citizenship do you need to put in your documents, british or filipino? I am just confused about all this stuff. Thanks
    hi gie use 1passport at a time when you travel so the immigration not to confuse

okiez...thanks vbkelly
    "Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same."

Respected Member
    I don't think you need to show nor need to have two passports. As long as you have documents to prove that you reacquire your Filipino ciizenship, that I guess would be enough.

there is a good reason not to keep the filipino passport (making a bit of an assumption here I know..).

basically if you are caught in a natural disaster, war, or something less serious (say you stole a car & were getting the death penalty ) the UK government would not help you if you had a fil passport.
    If you had only a brit passport then the embassy in theory at least will help you escape, or stop you from getting .

there are lots of other plusses and minuses of course... but I know there are several people on the forum who have a background of nicking cars

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    there is a good reason not to keep the filipino passport (making a bit of an assumption here I know..).

basically if you are caught in a natural disaster, war, or something less serious (say you stole a car & were getting the death penalty ) the UK government would not help you if you had a fil passport.
    If you had only a brit passport then the embassy in theory at least will help you escape, or stop you from getting .

there are lots of other plusses and minuses of course... but I know there are several people on the forum who have a background of nicking cars
    But other dual citzens have found it useful to claim to be non brit when kidnapped (Brian keenan being one)

Oi you said you would mention where i got that tricycle for you

Andy ..You beat me to it!!

When traveling to RP use Fil passport.
    When traveling to London use Brit passport..
    At least this is what the R.P consul told us.
    Anywhere else, use you Brit passport..
    Except while being kidnapped..Throw Brit PP away..
    Deny you ever touched one!!

Hi Ghie,

This I post is funny.

Hi Jamz,
    Now i got an idea. Actually i know how they treat filipinos....

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Andy ..You beat me to it!!

Except while being kidnapped..Throw Brit PP away..
    Deny you ever touched one!!

Hah, but the PI does negotiate to kidnappers and even pay ransom but never heard UK done that.

We just put the terrorists into parliament!!

Thread Information