Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How to renew Philippine passport.

Hi. I know this must have been covered before but here goes. My wife will need to renew her Philippine passport soon. What I would like to know is would this require a personal visit to the Philippine Embassy (We live in Wales) or can it be done online or postal? Also how do we go about renewing the passport?
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    Hi. I know this must have been covered before but here goes. My wife will need to renew her Philippine passport soon.What I would like to know is would this require a personal visit to the Philippine Embassy (We live in Wales)or can it be done online or postal?Also how do we go about renewing the passport.
    Yes you have to apply to Philippine Embassy in person at London, my wife renewed hers 6 weeks ago.

You can call the Embassy to make an appointment or I also think you can do it online, you must take with you her current passport, a completed application form,(printed from their website)and if she is using her married name, the official marriage certificate.

Please note the Embassy does not accept debit/credit card payments or cheques - only cash or postal orders - and the fee is £43.

Please check the details with the Embassy online and any queries just give them a call...

You might find a number of helpful answers to FAQ's in this link

The Philippine Embassy in London

Is there an Embassy nearer to Wales?
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    Is there an Embassy nearer to Wales?

Sorry to say, there's no Embassy in Wales. You have to go to London to renew the passport. But check their consular services. I believe they have a schedule for it in Cardiff.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    .... But check their consular services. I believe they have a schedule for it in Cardiff...
    Cardiff is on their schedule for July but no date has been released as yet take a look here Dave. Might be worth a call. Passport renewals will likely need 'pre-booking' a slot at the outreach date.

Just a question for anyone who's been through this process. On the forms they don't mention passport photos. Do you actually need to take some or do they take piccies of the applicant while they're there?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Just a question for anyone who's been through this process. On the forms they don't mention passport photos. Do you actually need to take some or do they take piccies of the applicant while they're there?
    You don't need to give them photos now because they will take biometrics (image, fingerprints, signature) at the Embassy.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

OK great stuff! - thanks Raynaputi

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Cardiff is on their schedule for July but no date has been released as yet
    's correct. Having checked again by , I've been told there've been no recent update(s) to this situation.

May well be, that you've already called the Philippine Embassy in accordance with Terpe's suggestion, Dave. If so, then you'll have received the same response as me.

But, as outlined below, please take note of the Embassy's Address in London - along with relevant contact telephone numbers - just in case you haven't!

Here they are:-

email address: ..... embassy@philemb.co.uk

Opening Hours: ..... 9am - 1pm then 2pm - 5pm (Monday thru Friday ... except, of course, Philippine & UK Public Holidays)

Main Switchboard:- 020 7451 1780
    Passport Enquiries:- 020 7451 1819

Definitely worthwhile to keep trying!

Did I read somewhere that you have to take a stamped addressed envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    You need a prepaid special delivery envelope which you can buy beforehand at a post office. They use this to send your passport to you once it's ready.

Thanks Lordna, I will enquire at my local post office.

Hiya Andy my wife done that a couple of months back, I know the price has gone up slightly its now £7.15p for special delivery which is guaranteed next day also insured up to £500 and up to 500 grams in weight which is more than adequate.

Basically they give me the silver special delivery envelope and £7.15p worth of peel off and stick on stamps and you just fill in the address you wish the passport to be sent back too.

Also around 6 weeks for the return....

Super Mark, thanks. Will be going 'down the smoke' when the kids are off in a couple of weeks time.

Super Mark, thanks. Will be going 'down the smoke' when the kids are off in a couple of weeks time.
    Nice part of the city Andy, West End especially if your taking the kids M&M's World near the Embassy, they will love it...

Hello! I've been wondering if a passport way too expired could still be renewed? I had one that expired 2009 bearing my married name.

Now I'm annulled and just waiting for the documents of my finality which are taking forever! So I was thinking of acquiring a new one which will bear my maiden name. Is this permitted? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by majo View Post
    Hello! I've been wondering if a passport way too expired could still be renewed? I had one that expired 2009 bearing my married name.

Now I'm annulled and just waiting for the documents of my finality which are taking forever! So I was thinking of acquiring a new one which will bear my maiden name. Is this permitted? Thanks
    Yeah that's fine. But bring the documents that they require. Documents are stated here:

http://www.passport.com.ph/info/requ...ts/for/renewal
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Yeah that's fine. But bring the documents that they require. Documents are stated here:

http://www.passport.com.ph/info/requ...ts/for/renewal
    Thank you for your help..

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I cannot see anywhere if the Marriage Certificate must have been issued within a certain period before the application.

I emailed the Philippines Consulate in Madrid (we live in Spain) about this a month ago but they have not replied.

Just a comment: Whilst I know it is a requirement, it seems unnecessary to produce the marriage cert if the previous passport was issued in the married name. But I accept officialdom is seldom logical in it's thinking !

Thread Information