Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Nochex Donate
Donate Now Target £75, So far £0 (0%)


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 98
  1. #61
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Correct.

    I downloaded the form onto my laptop, filled it out and printed it off. (It does ask for you to fill it out in type and not handwritten)
    You then make the appointment at the British Embassy in Manila. Go along and wait to be called, they will go through your documentation and ask you a few standard questions and take payment. Then you wait again and get called into the interview room where in my case the lady asked me a few more questions about my relationship and asked me to read out the affidavit.

    Then they give you the required paperwork and you are on your way.

    It is worth mentioning you get a choice whether you want to read out the affidavit or the affirmation
    That's great. Thanks so much.


  2. #62
    Respected Member eddiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    21
    Hello gang,

    I will be getting married in the Philippines in Feb 2015.

    I'm an Irish citizen, and my wife to be will be applying on the EEA family permit visa.

    I'm living here in the UK since already 2.5 years now.

    Levin and I plan to live with each other here in the UK indefinitely.

    --> For the affirmations or affidavits, should I apply to/through the Irish or British Embassy?

    Thanks,
    Ed


  3. #63
    Trusted Member grahamw48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,726
    Rep Power
    150
    Surely you'll be applying as an Irish citizen then...nothing to do with the British Embassy ?

    You just happen to live here in UK....as is your right (and your bride to be) under EU law.

    Wish I'd taken up my right to Irish citizenship when I had the chance.


  4. #64
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,636
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    Hello gang,

    I will be getting married in the Philippines in Feb 2015.

    I'm an Irish citizen, and my wife to be will be applying on the EEA family permit visa.

    I'm living here in the UK since already 2.5 years now.

    Levin and I plan to live with each other here in the UK indefinitely.

    --> For the affirmations or affidavits, should I apply to/through the Irish or British Embassy?

    Thanks,
    Ed
    Ed, for advice and needed documentations relating to an Irish Citizen getting married in Philippines you must consult and work through the Irish Embassy.

    However in connection with a Family Permit your wife will need to submit her application through UKVI at the British Embassy Manila hub.
    She'll need to use the UK online visa application .

    Here's a link to start you going - Apply for an EEA family permit
    Please do take some time to review the process. As I mentioned before the visa is free.


  5. #65
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,636
    Rep Power
    150
    Ed,

    Here's a link to the paper version of the EEA Family Permit (VAF5) application form.

    Here's a link to the EEA Family Permit - Guide to Supporting Documents.


  6. #66
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Am I right in thinking the fee for the affidavit to marry is 4875.00 PHP ?


  7. #67
    Respected Member Slip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,417
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Am I right in thinking the fee for the affidavit to marry is 4875.00 PHP ?
    I can't remember to be honest, but it was slightly cheaper than it was with the CNI instead.


  8. #68
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,636
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Am I right in thinking the fee for the affidavit to marry is 4875.00 PHP ?
    Yes that's correct.
    Take a look here at MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES - (Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Contemplating Marriage in the Philippines)


  9. #69
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Thank you.

    I have my appointment on the 10th November at 930am.

    I just need to find a clean hotel nearby as we are arriving the night before.

    So I don't need a CNI at all anymore.


  10. #70
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Just so people know.

    There is a problem booking an appointment online using clickbook.

    It wont allow bookings at the moment.

    You have to email them at:

    Manila.ConsAppointment@fco.gov.uk

    and request your preferred date and time.

    Send a copy of your travel itinerary as proof of travel.


  11. #71
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Just currently updating myself on the marriage requirements.

    Slip - did you actually get asked for the CNI in the end when you applied for your marriage licence?


  12. #72
    Respected Member Slip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,417
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Just currently updating myself on the marriage requirements.

    Slip - did you actually get asked for the CNI in the end when you applied for your marriage licence?


    Yes I did, but, I also had a bit of paper from the British Embassy to show the local office if they insisted I needed it. Basically it told them it is no longer required and any problems to contact them....

    You have to remember it was only a few weeks before I got married that they got rid of. I would suspect - and hope - that everyone is more clued up now we are several months down the line.


  13. #73
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Yes I did, but, I also had a bit of paper from the British Embassy to show the local office if they insisted I needed it. Basically it told them it is no longer required and any problems to contact them....

    You have to remember it was only a few weeks before I got married that they got rid of. I would suspect - and hope - that everyone is more clued up now we are several months down the line.
    When I was in Cebu in May. The CNI was still listed as part of the requirements when we visited city health which is where we will apply for our marriage licence.


  14. #74
    Respected Member Slip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,417
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    When I was in Cebu in May. The CNI was still listed as part of the requirements when we visited city health which is where we will apply for our marriage licence.
    It was only got rid of at the start of May, You will no doubt find their list hadn't been updated.


    You do not need the CNI anymore 100%

    If asked, just show them the letter from the British Embassy.

    But if you really want peace of mind and can afford the 30-odd pound then get one.


  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Ok I'm new, but this looks like the appropriate place for my question

    So I just want to double check. I'm planning on marrying a Filipina, I'm a British expat, we live together in Malaysia - have done for 18 months or so - we want to get married in December or January. The plan is to move back to the UK September/October 2015 - after searching and searching I got very confused

    This thread seems to say all I need to do is go Phil with her at Christmas, properly fill out the affidavit :-

    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._June_2014.pdf

    Book an appointment at the Embassy :-

    http://www.britishembassymanila.clickbook.net

    Paying the 4,875 Php fee as detailed here :-

    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...13012014v2.pdf

    And I get my affidavit, validated the same day as the appointment.

    Then she needs a Cenomar, I may or may not need a Cenomar depending on local offical (the future mother-in-law is going to find out now).

    And that's all? Seem's straightforward, I was getting a bit stressed out over the whole CNI thing and the thought of having to make a quick UK trip to get it, but this thread maybe saved my bacon - I hope


  16. #76
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,087
    Rep Power
    150
    Welcome to the Forum Washy, I think CNI is still required, but if I'm wrong someone on here will soon point you in the right direction. Good luck for the future and keep us posted!


  17. #77
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    No.

    CNI is no longer required by the UK citizen for marriage in the Philippines. When you go to the British Embassy in Manilla, they give you a letter to explain to the place you apply for the marriage licence that it is no longer required.

    For my marriage in Cebu I needed:

    1) CENONAR (plus two xerox copies)
    2) Passport with entry stamp (two copies of Each)
    3) Affidavit to marry (plus 3 copies)
    4) Certificate of Attendance at a pre-marriage seminar

    If you had a previous marriage, you also need your decree absolute/annulment and copies or, if a widow, proof of this.

    For the affidavit to marry you need Birth Certificate and Passport. You need to prepare the affidavit from the template on the Embassy website and swear it holding a bible after paying the fee.

    Hope this helps. Just been through this.


  18. #78
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    She needs:

    1) CEDULA
    2) CENONAR
    3) two forms of valid ID
    4) Annulment papers if previously married or proof of being a widow.
    5) Baranguay clearance.
    6) birth certificate.
    7) Certificate of Attendance at a pre-marriage seminar (you attend together)


  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    No.

    CNI is no longer required by the UK citizen for marriage in the Philippines. When you go to the British Embassy in Manilla, they give you a letter to explain to the place you apply for the marriage licence that it is no longer required.

    For my marriage in Cebu I needed:

    1) CENONAR (plus two xerox copies)
    2) Passport with entry stamp (two copies of Each)
    3) Affidavit to marry (plus 3 copies)
    4) Certificate of Attendance at marriage seminar

    If you had a previous marriage, you also need your decree absolute/annulment and copies or, if a widow, proof of this.

    For the affidavit to marry you need Birth Certificate and Passport. You need to prepare the affidavit from the template on the Embassy website and swear it holding a bible after paying the fee.

    Hope this helps. Just been through this.
    Marvellous news, thank you Sir.

    What's involved in the Seminar? Is it just turn up and sit through it type thing?


  20. #80
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Yes. The one I attended was mostly in Bisaya. My fiancee had to translate.

    Half day. Two sessions.

    Session one was a social worker talking about marriage and what causes the most problems.

    Second session was from a nurse who basically did a whistle stop tour about sex education and ante natal care.


  21. #81
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,087
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Yes. The one I attended was mostly in Bisaya. My fiancee had to translate.

    Half day. Two sessions.

    Session one was a social worker talking about marriage and what causes the most problems.

    Second session was from a nurse who basically did a whistle stop tour about sex education and ante natal care.
    I remember that, it was very funny at times and very laid back with lots of jokes. Enjoyed it really!


  22. #82
    Moderator Arthur Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    City of Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    23,525
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post

    Second session was from a nurse who basically did a whistle stop tour about sex
    ... wouldn't have liked someone blowing a whistle to stop me if I were in the middle of !


  23. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Last minute emergency question guys! Given that I'm flying to Manila, right into the path of Hagupit tomorrow and have an appointment on Friday at the Embassy, when filling out the affidavit how precise do we need to be? Particularly in the :-

    "A marriage is proposed to be solemnised between me and (name and surname of partner) of (usual address) a (nationality of partner) National at (place of marriage) on (date of marriage)."

    Are we talking full full address or just Quezon City for (place of marriage)? Also on the date is a guess good enough? We're meeting the judge on Wednesday so I can probably get the rest of the info then and amend and reprint the form if its wrong.

    The mother in law is saying the judge has quoted 15kphp for the marriage ceremony and all the relevant paper works and licences, so I can see it being an expensive week

    Thanks again for all the advice


  24. #84
    Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Washy View Post
    Last minute emergency question guys! Given that I'm flying to Manila, right into the path of Hagupit tomorrow and have an appointment on Friday at the Embassy, when filling out the affidavit how precise do we need to be? Particularly in the :-

    "A marriage is proposed to be solemnised between me and (name and surname of partner) of (usual address) a (nationality of partner) National at (place of marriage) on (date of marriage)."

    Are we talking full full address or just Quezon City for (place of marriage)? Also on the date is a guess good enough? We're meeting the judge on Wednesday so I can probably get the rest of the info then and amend and reprint the form if its wrong.

    The mother in law is saying the judge has quoted 15kphp for the marriage ceremony and all the relevant paper works and licences, so I can see it being an expensive week

    Thanks again for all the advice
    Hello! I'm new in the forum and my boyfriend and I have been reading the thread and its very helpful to know what he needs to do when he arrives on May.
    Are there any requirements for me to comply when he goes to the Embassy?
    Thank you.


  25. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlapag View Post
    Hello! I'm new in the forum and my boyfriend and I have been reading the thread and its very helpful to know what he needs to do when he arrives on May.
    Are there any requirements for me to comply when he goes to the Embassy?
    Thank you.
    Hello,

    Having just completed everything a few days ago, I can say its easy - to answer my own question, yes place of marriage can be general "Quezon City" was fine and the date can also be approximate, just put when you would like to get married, they are fully aware in the embassy and at QC city hall that its catch 22, you cant apply for the licence without the affidavit so if your going for an ASAP wedding you just don't know.

    Ref your question mjlapag - you don't need to be there unless you want a trip to the embassy - its a nice place though. To get in you'll both need your passports and an appointment - note that the click book still does not work (even though it lets you make an appointment!!) and you need to email for an appointment : Manila.ConsAppointment@fco.gov.uk

    Availability was good for appointments.

    Your spouse will need an original LONG birth certificate (or a replacement from GRO), passport and a filled out affidavit or affirmation (one or the other, not both) the difference is ...

    The only difference between the affirmation and affidavit is the use of a bible—the affirmation involves making a solemn declaration , while an affidavit involves swearing an oath on the bible. Both methods are equally binding. You are free to choose which one you prefer.

    Getting to the embassy is a right pain depending on where you are coming from or staying, in our case getting from Trinoma to the embassy wouldn't be possible unless you left at 4 or 5am in a taxi. Therefore we took MRT, Jeepney and then a taxi when we arrived at Taguig. Appointments finish at 11am so you need to factor this in, or stay in a hotel in Taguig or Makati the night before.

    At QC city hall they only required my original affidavit and copies of my birth certificate and passport (along with copies of my Phil chops) my girl friends CENOMAR, birth certificate and ID - they were keen for us to show our relationship was genuine which was no problem - my partner keeps photos of everything on her phone.

    They weren't interested in us having to do the marriage guidance or family planning courses and they'll issue our licence on Monday 22nd December, so I think the 10 day wait must include weekends and we have our wedding scheduled on 23rd.

    Hope this helps you out and clarifies.


  26. #86
    Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Anyone know how long an Affidavit to marry is valid for?


  27. #87
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,636
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by ras911 View Post
    Anyone know how long an Affidavit to marry is valid for?
    Hi ras911,

    In order to secure a Marriage Licence both parties need to show they are free to marry.

    The British Embassy can provide an Affidavit or Affirmation on Marital Status. This basically states you are single and free to marry.
    It's normally done just ahead of application for the Marriage Licence.

    Although not strictly required under law many authorities can legally request the foreign party to submit a local CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record )
    The CENOMAR is obtained from the NSO

    The last time I checked the CENOMAR had a generally accepted validity of 6 months
    Likewise I would suggest that the Affidavit or Affirmation of Marital Status would also follow the same legal process and have a validity of 6 months.

    Incidently the Marriage licence has a legal validity of 120days anywhere in Philippines.

    So you've plenty of time for a change of mind


  28. #88
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Washy View Post
    Hello,

    They weren't interested in us having to do the marriage guidance or family planning courses and they'll issue our licence on Monday 22nd December, so I think the 10 day wait must include weekends and we have our wedding scheduled on 23rd.

    Hope this helps you out and clarifies.
    In Cebu city they were very strict and required us to attend the pre marriage counselling. We got married November 2014.

    Do not assume that you don't need it. Each baranguay/province is different and if you are getting married on a tight schedule you may then get caught out and not have enough time.


  29. #89
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,636
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    In Cebu city they were very strict and required us to attend the pre marriage counselling. We got married November 2014.

    Do not assume that you don't need it. Each baranguay/province is different and if you are getting married on a tight schedule you may then get caught out and not have enough time.
    There are always variations in the Philippines, but as you have said Phil they will always comply with the law.

    The 10 days wait for marriage licence issue is mandatory. If the 10 days ends on a non working day or if the local authorities want 11, 12 or whatever number of days that's fine. Just as long as the 10 days minimum is complied with.
    Always be careful when counting days and expect the unexpected.
    Then smile.


  30. #90
    Respected Member cheekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There are always variations in the Philippines, but as you have said Phil they will always comply with the law.

    The 10 days wait for marriage licence issue is mandatory. If the 10 days ends on a non working day or if the local authorities want 11, 12 or whatever number of days that's fine. Just as long as the 10 days minimum is complied with.
    Always be careful when counting days and expect the unexpected.
    Then smile.
    When we applied for our marriage licence they told us the date/day our marriage licence would be ready.


  31. -
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 BBC Philippines Documentary
    By Ako Si Jamie in forum TV/Film/Video
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th August 2014, 22:10
  2. No Smoking Day 12 March 2014
    By Dedworth in forum Health Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 27th February 2014, 22:18

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum