Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    At last!

They have changed this page too now.

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y...l/opposite_sex..
    Yes.....I told them to get their act together as their announcement was clearly not following the GOV.UK webpage for Philippines
    At least they apologised........something not so common with the Embassy

Hi Terpe,
    Thanks a lot for your help and effort, you are always here our HERO, in times of advices and problems you are always there to help. So kind of you! And Me & Steve feel relieve to read these. Thank you a lot!
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Aww. Marrying here would be a lot easier, if we knew that this will happen, we would really like to marry here.

Banned
    If you're both equally committed you can make it happen.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    If you're both equally committed you can make it happen.
    What? Marrying here? After we are almost complete with my fiancee visa documents? Start again for another plan? It is not that easy, maybe for you it is ( if you are rich and with lots of patience)

Our resources are limited, Our sanity is in border now because of everything we have gone through, but I know that what we've been through are nothing compare to what you've been, I guess? But every couple is different. I would really love what you said but I have to wake up that my boyfriend is sacrificing every day in UK just to prepare for this and then what? Change our plans and prioritise my dream to get married here? That's selfishness. I am not the only one here in our relationship, although I know he wants to get married here (Ive been telling you this for 10000000th time) we couldn't.

I wish life and decisions are easy as how you can say that, it's what I have been wishing for, and I guess any one else.

Banned
    Nice post Jen.
    I can't reply accordingly at the moment... .I'm sacrificing doing another weekend at work. ..joke ok. Keep it up. ....I enjoy reading your posts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    What? Marrying here? After we are almost complete with my fiancee visa documents? Start again for another plan? It is not that easy, maybe for you it is ( if you are rich and with lots of patience)

Our resources are limited, Our sanity is in border now because of everything we have gone through, but I know that what we've been through are nothing compare to what you've been, I guess? But every couple is different. I would really love what you said but I have to wake up that my boyfriend is sacrificing every day in UK just to prepare for this and then what? Change our plans and prioritise my dream to get married here? That's selfishness. I am not the only one here in our relationship, although I know he wants to get married here (Ive been telling you this for 10000000th time) we couldn't.

I wish life and decisions are easy as how you can say that, it's what I have been wishing for, and I guess any one else.
    The only cost I can see you've lost is the visiting marriage visa.

The papers you're gathered for your fiancee visa would be used for the spouse visa. The questions are basically the same with the addition of the marriage info.

I've married a Filipina both in the UK and in The Philippines. ....I can tell you, the Philippine marriage ceremony and the day was on the whole lightyears better than our British affair. ..why. ..bc her whole family were able to attend. It is after all the bride's day. You are far from being selfish

Expense wise, all I can see is the cost of a single return flight.

Just a thought okay. ..we only get married once

Banned

err--well--umm--3 times in my case....so far.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post

err--well--umm--3 times in my case....so far.
    My next will be number 4

I get greater joy giving to loved ones than spending on myself. That's the truth. Am I crazy or what.

You only live once.

Good to see you back. ..I thought we lost you after all that negative nonsense. You didn't sound very happy. Don't let it get to you.

Banned

Good to see you back. ..I thought we lost you after all that negative nonsense. You didn't sound very happy. Don't let it get to you.
    [/QUOTE]

ha ha--right. it will take a lot more than some anonymous moaner to keep me off here--i visit everyday--but dont always post.

Banned
    Also--all being will things for us will start to gather pace in the next few months. I will then need all the help and advice I can get: and--where better than here ?

Has anyone any idea of a programme I can download the new forms to so I can edit and type in the details they ask? It says they want it typed, not hand written.

So I don't need to go to the Local Registrar for ANY reason? I'm planning to get married in August. Just download the Affirmation and affidavit, and fill it in?

Quote Originally Posted by lilbasuk View Post
    So I don't need to go to the local registrar for ANY reason? I'm planning to get married in August. Just download the Affirmation and affidavit, and fill it in?
    Hi Lilbasuk,

No, it's no longer necessary to get any CNI from UK registrar.
    Just present the Affidavit/Affirmation at the Embassy during your pre-booked appointment.

Please be sure to review the Embassy info here at

Marriage in The Philippines

Please take care to understand exactly what's required and the documentation needed.

For example:-

..You must prepare a type-written affirmation or affidavit of marital status, following the template on the next
    page, before you attend the Consular Section. British applicants are required to personally appear at the
    embassy. Documents must follow this template – Font size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5cm margin all around.
    and:-

..You should bring supporting documents relating to the facts indicated on your affirmation/affidavit. Please refer to the list below for possible documents.
    and:-

...You must set an appointment with the Consular Section via the British Embassy Manila online appointment system – www.britishembassymanila.clickbook.net
    I recall I already informed you of the documents needed to apply for a Marriage Licence

Cheers mate, that's put my mind at rest. Just one more thing, I booked my appointment at the British Embassy a few months ago now with the new rules and documentation that have been put in place. I'm assuming I wouldn't need to cancel it and rebook? Cheers for your help, I think I understand everything and won't be a pain in the anymore!

Just seen this thread and have deleted my reply on Libasuk's other thread about marrying in the Philippines.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Cheers mate, that's put my mind at rest. Just one more thing, I booked my appointment at the British Embassy a few months ago now with the new rules and documentation that have been put in place. I'm assuming I wouldn't need to cancel it and rebook? Cheers for your help, I think I understand everything and won't be a pain in the anymore!
    No need to cancel.
    How long do you plan to be in Philippines to get married ?

lilbasuk, nobody here is a pain please don't be shy to seek advice on anything.
    Doesn't matter how many times of asking.......we all need help, advice and guidance to meet the trials, challenges and 'curved-ball's of life.

We're lucky to have a such a broad spectrum of experience and ideas here with every member.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    The only cost I can see you've lost is the visiting marriage visa.

The papers you're gathered for your fiancee visa would be used for the spouse visa. The questions are basically the same with the addition of the marriage info.

I've married a Filipina both in the UK and in The Philippines. ....I can tell you, the Philippine marriage ceremony and the day was on the whole lightyears better than our British affair. ..why. ..bc her whole family were able to attend. It is after all the bride's day. You are far from being selfish

Expense wise, all I can see is the cost of a single return flight.

I agree with you gwapito. I was on fiancé visa too but If I have to go back from the start.... I would choose the spousal visa path.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    No need to cancel.
    How long do you plan to be in Philippines to get married ?

lilbasuk, nobody here is a pain please don't be shy to seek advice on anything.
    Doesn't matter how many times of asking.......we all need help, advice and guidance to meet the trials, challenges and 'curved-ball's of life.

We're lucky to have a such a broad spectrum of experience and ideas here with every member.
    Cheers mate,

im in the philippines for about 3 and a half weeks, so as soon as i get to gensan we are gonna apply for the marriage licence provided everything goes smoothly at the embassy

Just one more question lol It's about my cenomar. Is it correct that I don't need this for the Embassy? Just need it locally when applying for our marriage licence? And when should I order it to my gf's house? I'm travelling on July 26th.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

Just one more question lol It's about my cenomar. Is it correct that I don't need this for the Embassy? Just need it locally when applying for our marriage licence? And when should I order it to my gf's house? I'm travelling on July 26th.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx
    Just to clarify, there's no specific legal requirement to secure CENOMAR.....however, for many reasons those authorities who issue Marriage Licence May ask for a CENOMAR of the foreign spouse-to-be.
    To minimise all risks I'd advise to get one. It's low cost and good service online.
    Just belt-and-braces to avoid potential delays.
    Maybe your Fiancee can ask at the place where you'll apply for the marriage licence if they'll be requesting it ?
    The Embassy won't ask to see it.

Getting close to saying 'I Do'

Cheers for the help again mate.

Can I just add that tbey DID ask for my cenomar, so I'd advise getting one

Hi Slip, just to clarify....who asked for your CENOMAR ?
    The British Embassy ?
    or
    The authority issuing the Marriage licence ?
    or
    Both?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi Slip, just to clarify....who asked for your CENOMAR ?
    The British Embassy ?
    or
    The authority issuing the Marriage licence ?
    or
    Both?
    Ones issuing the marriage license

Ones issuing the marriage license
    Thanks Slip

Can I ask which city did u marry. My girlfriend told me I wouldn't need one in Gensan? I might just get one now then just to be on the safe side.

Can I ask which city did u marry. My girlfriend told me I wouldn't need one in gensan? I might just get one now then just to be on the safe side

Mine was done in a little place called San Agustin. I would strongly advise getting one, the cost is small ( I believe I paid around £15 )
    Do you really want to take a risk of not getting one then finding you do need one, think it may cost more than £15 by then!

I'm a little confused.

Am I correct in thinking I have to obtain the forms for the affidavit to marry from the Embassy website?

I then present the affidavit in Manila to obtain the marriage licence.

Sorry to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I'm a little confused.

Am I correct in thinking I have to obtain the forms for the affidavit to marry from the Embassy website?

I then present the affidavit in Manila to obtain the marriage licence.

Sorry to ask.
    Correct.

I downloaded the form onto my laptop, filled it out and printed it off. (It does ask for you to fill it out in type and not handwritten)
    You then make the appointment at the British Embassy in Manila. Go along and wait to be called, they will go through your documentation and ask you a few standard questions and take payment. Then you wait again and get called into the interview room where in my case the lady asked me a few more questions about my relationship and asked me to read out the affidavit.

Then they give you the required paperwork and you are on your way.

It is worth mentioning you get a choice whether you want to read out the affidavit or the affirmation

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information