Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Emirates staff discretion regarding Visa

Hi Guys and Girls,

A quick question if I may.

I am a UK national have a flight booked via Emirates to Manila later this month for a 3 month stay in the Philippines.

I have been informed it is up to the discretion of the Emirates boarding staff to allow me to board subject to the correct visa I hold. I am fully aware that I will be issued a 30 day visa once I arrive in the Philippines and that I can extend this to 59 days and beyond (to cover the full 3 months) which is my plan.

I have a concern though that the Emirates boarding staff may refuse me to board the plane because I initially do not have the correct visa's in place when departing the UK.

Can Emirates refuse to let me board because of this and has anyone experienced this?

Also, I have been made aware that Emirates staff may also ask me to produce evidence that I have enough funds to cover my intended 3 month stay in the Philippines therefore if this is the case should I take along a bank statement with me?

Many thanks for reading and I hope some of you can be of help.

Thanks again.

Respected Member
    The check in computer often does prompt the requirement for a return ticket within 21 days. I have had issues on at least three occasions, two of them I had non confirmed tickets from my travel agent that I produced and immediately cancelled afterwards. On another occasion boarding Asiana in JFK bound for Cebu I produced my seafarer ID and BS that I was joining a ship, she got her manager involved. The other 100+ times I've flown into the Philippines in the last few years have been fine. Some people purchase cheap low cost airline tickets from the Philippines to Indonesia or Hong Kong that they never use.

Thread Information