Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Quick answer please

Got Harlene on skype, she is wanting to confirm the date for our wedding.

Can I just confirm (I know it may or may not go to plan) the timeline.

Exchange CNI, this is being done on May 8th.

Then how long until we get CNI?

Can we apply for marriage license in the meantime? Or do we have to wait for the CNI and then apply for the marriage license....

Actually to make it easier. If I apply for CNI on May 8th, what is the timescale and the earliest probability of the wedding date.

Slip, your appointment at the Embassy for CNI exchange will simply be just that. So you will have the Philippine version CNI on that time.

Technically you need that CNI before you can lodge for marriage licence.

Once you have the needed paperwork you can apply for the marriage licence. Usually at the Municiple Hall/City where you'll be married...you'll need to wait a minimum 10 days for the licenec to be issued. Then you're able to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Slip, your appointment at the Embassy for CNI exchange will simply be just that. So you will have the Philippine version CNI on that time.

Once you have the needed paperwork you can apply for the marriage licence. Usually at the Municiple Hall/City where you'll be married...you'll need to wait a minimum 10 days for the licenec to be issued. Then you're able to get married.
    Thanks for that... I told her that was the case, but she wanted me to find out for sure lol

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Thanks for that... I told her that was the case, but she wanted me to find out for sure lol
    Ok

Ok, she is asking me more lol

Because she lives 8 hours from Manila, she is saying once I exchange the CNI the day after I arrive, then do we have to go back to manila again? i told her no as we go to her town hall where she is from, apply for wedding license then once we get it we can marry....

She is worried that we will be forever traveling back and forth.. I plan to get CNI exchange on the 8th May and travel to her home town on 9th May

Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    ....She is worried that we will be forever traveling back and forth.. I plan to get CNI exchange on the 8th May and travel to her home town on 9th May

Am I right?
    Yes you are right.
    Once you have the Philippine version CNI (plus all the other paperwork needed) you are good to go for the licence. That's the only input from the Embassy until you apply for the visa etc.

Thread Information