Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

How can I find a Filipino nanny?

I live in London and am looking for a Filipino nanny to look after my two young children.

Could you pls advise where I can such a person?

My sincere thanks,

I have someone in mind. Let me know if you are interested. Whereabouts are you in London?

Thank you. I will send you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by msmaganda View Post
    I have someone in mind. Let me know if you are interested. Whereabouts are you in London?
    Tell your friend to find out if she will receive the going rate of pay before accepting.

Trusted Member
    Agreed. I would hate to think that the forum was being used as a source of cheap labour. Filipinas have so many other qualities worthy of consideration... other than their COST.

It doesn't take long for Filipinas in London to find out their true value in the marketplace.

I believe that families like to employ them not because they are cheap but because they're incredibly good at the job and 100% trustworthy.

The problem for people is it's difficult to advertise exclusively for a filipina because our silly laws on discrimination come into effect.

My wife works for an incredibly nice family now who treat her well. She started in July and although only there for a short time before her nanay became very ill and subsequently died they not only allowed her to go home for 7 weeks but paid her wages every week.
    I know there are some horror stories with the treatment of nannies but they are mostly confined to the middle east hell holes.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyvn View Post
    I live in London and am looking for a Filipino nanny to look after my two young children.

Could you pls advise where I can such a person?

My sincere thanks,
    Don't forget that employing a nanny will require you to register with HMRC as an employer and to operate a PAYE scheme for any deductions of tax and NI together with the appropriate issuing of payslips.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Don't forget that employing a nanny will require you to register with HMRC as an employer and to operate a PAYE scheme for any deductions of tax and NI together with the appropriate issuing of payslips.
    Hello - we are also looking for a Nanny. We live in Kensington and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Barry

Thread Information