Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Desperately need advise, PLEASE! :bigcry:

HI everyone, my visa will run out this 9th of December (next month). I successfully MY passed life in the uk test but my problem started when I've taken my B1 eGnlish test and been told that the result (online atleast) will come out on first week of January and the cetificate which will be posted to me will take longer than that... and that's my big problem now, I don't have results of my B1 test to show to home office when I submit my ILR spouse application...

The test center where I took the test said that they can provide me a letter confirming that I've taken the test.

What shall I do... I didn't realize that the result of the test will take that long... Really need advise on this please....

Based solely on the information you've divulged you have only one option IMO

You must delay your planned ILR application and instead apply for an Extension Of Stay under application form FLR(M).
    This will cost £578 for an application made by post, or £953 for an application made in person at one of the Public Enquiry Offices. (If you're lucky enough to be able to pre-book an appointment slot at such short notice)

Take a look at the form FLR(M)
    You'll need to tick the box that states "You require further leave to remain before applying for indefinite leave to remain to obtain a relevant qualification showing Knowledge of the English language and of Life in the UK (KOL)"

This is shown on page 8 of the form FLR(M)

If you had more time it might have been possible to secure some advice in writing from UKBA but with only a few days visa validity remaining that would be a very high risk strategy. UKBA are not known for being compassionate, flexible or speedy.

You'll be able to apply for ILR at any time after you have all the needed documents.

THank you Terpe, the fee for the extention visa though is a big shock to me.., that means I'm in serious trouble now I think ..hahaa... (I just need to laugh sorry...), but seriously, I will not pay that amount of money knowing I have to pay for another fee for my ILR. I will just bravely submit my application with just a letter from the test center and will also attached a separate letter explaining my situation.. and I will see and wait how it goes from there... Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by pinaypie View Post
    THank you Terpe, the fee for the extention visa though is a big shock to me.., that means I'm in serious trouble now I think ..hahaa... (I just need to laugh sorry...), but seriously, I will not pay that amount of money knowing I have to pay for another fee for my ILR. I will just bravely submit my application with just a letter from the test center and will also attached a separate letter explaining my situation.. and I will see and wait how it goes from there... Thanks again!
    A letter from the test centre stating you have taken the test will not be sufficient. IMO

At the least, such a letter would need to state that you have reached or exceeded the B1 level.
    You stated that the results will not be known until first week of January.

You will be entering a high risk situation.
    You need to establish a strategy of how best to protect your position.

Good luck.
    I'm not a person who can easily cast such life-critical decisions into the laps of the gods.

Oh dear.... I am actually in a panic mode right now, but I will still try to be calm and clear of my next move. I will take your advise above, and hopefully everything will go with me.. fingers crossed.

I will come back here to post any progress in my application. Thanks again. Appreciated a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pinaypie View Post
    Oh dear.... I am actually in a panic mode right now, but I will still try to be calm and clear of my next move. I will take your advise above, and hopefully everything will go with me.. fingers crossed.

I will come back here to post any progress in my application. Thanks again. Appreciated a lot.
    Can I take it that the English Test you already passed was not at B1 level?
    IELTS minimum pass level is actually B1

Just checking

Thread Information