Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Schengen Experience

Finally visited the TLS centre today in London to process my wifes visa onto the French Embassy.

Got there 45 minutes before the appointment and was told to join the queue and what a queue it was at least 60 applicants before us, was told as previous day was a holiday and also a knock on effect from the previous Friday.

We finally got our documents checked 30 minutes after our appointment time and was told to wait at the next area, I then said to my wife we were going to be there at least another 2 hours but then all of a sudden the guy that checked our documents came over and asked us how old our son was and I replied he was 9 months, he then asked for my wifes passport took it away came back and then informed us we would be next to be called.

Maybe our little boy made an impression on him because within 25 minutes thereafter the application was processed, finger prints taken then all done.

I must say what looked daunting turned out to be a pleasant experience, also only a 3 day wait for the visa a really fast turn around, really happy with TLS, highly reccommended

Trusted Member
    Well that's some good news.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Finally visited the TLS centre today in London to process my wifes visa onto the French Embassy.

Got there 45 minutes before the appointment and was told to join the queue and what a queue it was at least 60 applicants before us, was told as previous day was a holiday and also a knock on effect from the previous Friday.

We finally got our documents checked 30 minutes after our appointment time and was told to wait at the next area, I then said to my wife we were going to be there at least another 2 hours but then all of a sudden the guy that checked our documents came over and asked us how old our son was and I replied he was 9 months, he then asked for my wifes passport took it away came back and then informed us we would be next to be called.

Maybe our little boy made an impression on him because within 25 minutes thereafter the application was processed, finger prints taken then all done.

I must say what looked daunting turned out to be a pleasant experience, also only a 3 day wait for the visa a really fast turn around, really happy with TLS, highly reccommended
    Good news Mark
    If that's the French Embassy close to the Natural History Museum, that was an all day job...I wasn't impressed in the slightest.
    Your little man must of made a difference Mark

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Good news Mark
    If that's the French Embassy close to the Natural History Museum, that was an all day job...I wasn't impressed in the slightest.
    Your little man must of made a difference Mark
    hahahah either that or he was squawking so much they wanted rid of him i,ll have to borrow a baby when I try it lol

well done mark and family, i too enjoyed the day there just watching other people ,
    enjoy france , there are some great deals out there with PO ferries

Respected Member
    We drove across to Lille, France last weekend via the Eurotunnel. The French immigration lady only gave Rose's passport the quickest of glances to check the Shengen Visa validity dates and the UKBA guy on the way back was pretty cool too - although he did need to see her BRP. Her passport got a stamp on the way back into the UK, but not on the way into France.

Great news Mark
    Well done.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    US Embassy does the same too (at least in Manila). When I applied for a tourist visa, the applicants with kids with them (I'm thinking aged 3 yrs & below) have their applications expedited. This is to avoid kids waiting for a long time in the embassy.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    We drove across to Lille, France last weekend via the Eurotunnel. The French immigration lady only gave Rose's passport the quickest of glances to check the Shengen Visa validity dates and the UKBA guy on the way back was pretty cool too - although he did need to see her BRP. Her passport got a stamp on the way back into the UK, but not on the way into France.
    Just wondering about that as we are visiting France in December then Spain next year so how would my wife show the Spanish she had previously entered France if the immigration there dont stamp the passport because as I believe the first point of entry must be from the embassy that supplied the visa...

mmm Interesting

as long as you enter their border from the french side i would not bother, Ems was not stamped, just make sure you have the ilr card with you else you will not get back into England

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    as long as you enter there border from the fernch side i would not bother, Ems was not stamped, just make sure you have the ilr card with you else you will not get back into England
    No Steve we will be flying directly into Spain from Manchester but I was led to believe that as long as you entered France for the initial visit then you could use the French schengen to travel to other EU countries without passing through their borders...

Really confused now, wonder if Peter or anyone else could clarify this

you are right Mark just the first visit to france then go where you want

ems passport did not get stamped and we have been twice now, if you are worried just take me along for moral support plus Ems and maybe Peter and Carina too

Cheers Steve owe u a but that will have to wait so a well deserved rep is on the way...

Have to owe u it Steve need to spread them about

Jamie got her passport back today with her schengen visa valid for 6 months, thought it might have been a bit longer but I suppose its about right as her passport runs out in 11 months.

But she was buzzing and now I have booked the flights and hotel for a 4 day stay in Paris to celebrate her 25th birthday in December got the flights for all 3 of us including baggage and insurance for £200 also a bargain 5 star hotel at Charles de Gaulle airport for £80 a night with just a short commute into Paris by train.

Then its off to Barcelona with flights for £34 return in January, that is a suprise for her, so happy right now...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Jamie got her passport back today with her schengen visa valid for 6 months, thought it might have been a bit longer but I suppose its about right as her passport runs out in 11 months.

But she was buzzing and now I have booked the flights and hotel for a 4 day stay in Paris to celebrate her 25th birthday in December got the flights for all 3 of us including baggage and insurance for £200 also a bargain 5 star hotel at Charles de Gaulle airport for £80 a night with just a short commute into Paris by train.

Then its off to Barcelona with flights for £34 return in January, that is a suprise for her, so happy right now...
    She's a lucky girl

Thread Information