Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Dual Citizenship

Hi to all, just wondering if there is any way I can have my Dual Citizenship in Cebu instead of going to Manila? I just recently been naturalized as British Citizenship was thinking to get a Dual Citizenship in Philippines, I am not sure if there is any in Cebu. Thank you

Take a look here at FAQ's - Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition it should answer your questions

Do check with the authorities about what they will do with your passport. In the overseas Consulates and Embassies they will cancel your existing Philippine Passport and issue a new one. Just how it gets managed domestically I don't know. But be careful with any current visa/entry stamps in your passport.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Take a look here at FAQ's - Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition it should answer your questions

Do check with the authorities about what they will do with your passport. In the overseas Consulates and Embassies they will cancel your existing Philippine Passport and issue a new one. Just how it gets managed domestically I don't know. But be careful with any current visa/entry stamps in your passport.

Peter can I just ask you a question...

Jamie my wife is renewing her passport in February at the embassy in London, does she have to surrender her old passport because it will have her UK visa and schengen visa in it, will it be returned to her with her new filipino psssport...

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Peter can I just ask you a question...

Jamie my wife is renewing her passport in February at the embassy in London, does she have to surrender her old passport because it will have her UK visa and schengen visa in it, will it be returned to her with her new filipino psssport...

Thanks...
    Yes Mark it'll be returned to her. The passport itself will be cancelled but the all the visa's
    contained in it will remain valid. She'll need to carry her old passport with her whenever she travels in order to 'show' the valid visa's.

Cheers Peter...

Banned
    Yes Mark it'll be returned to her. The passport itself will be cancelled but the all the visa's
    contained in it will remain valid. She'll need to carry her old passport with her whenever she travels in order to 'show' the valid visa's.
    Oh. ...I didn't know that. ...I always wondered what happened for example the ILR if you decided not to bother with the citizenship. .I know of one who hasn't.
    Cheers
    Gwaps

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Oh. ...I didn't know that. ...I always wondered what happened for example the ILR if you decided not to bother with the citizenship. .I know of one who hasn't.
    Cheers
    Gwaps
    As far as I know Mark ILR basically gives you full rights as citizenship apart from not having a Brit passport and is usually revoked if u spend more than 2 years outside the UK amongst others travelling restrictions ect without appropriate.visas...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    As far as I know Mark ILR basically gives you full rights as citizenship apart from not having a Brit passport and is usually revoked if u spend more than 2 years outside the UK amongst others travelling restrictions ect without appropriate.visas...
    The one who hasn't bothered with the citizenship is a pub landlady the wife met the other Christmas at my home village..she's been here 16 years....in all that time she's been back to The Philippines once...'There's always something more important to spend the £1000 on' they say....She's got 2 teenagers and still with the same British husband

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    My ex wife has been here 24 years and never bothered with dual citizen application, she also travels to Philippines every year!

Lot's of benefits with Dual Citizenship especially if there's any chance to be out of UK for 2years or more.

Lot's of benefits with Dual Citizenship especially if there's any chance to be out of UK for 2years or more.
    Indeed. For one it means you would be part of the most exciting and best country in the world There isn't a Great Australia is there - oh no, just Great Britain.

And on a more serious note, with a British passport you can pretty much walk into most countries in the world worth visiting without having to apply for a visa

Thread Information