Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Is it possible for a Filipino to get a divorce instead of annulment

Hello one and all again :-) ,
    My young lady is here in the UK on a tourist visa atm , she is a Filipino married to another filipino , been seperated for 2-3 yrs .
    Does anyone know if it is possible for her to get a divorce here or in another country ( i heard HK was cheaper and fast) that would be easier and cheaper and legal ?
    Our hope is for Rio to be legally divorced/annuled so we would be able to marry in the future.
    Rio has had a Quote from a Manila Lawyer of 140k php ( which i belive is too expensive as she cant afford that) for an annulment.
    The original marrige took place in Pasay manila at a mayors office ( dont know if this makes any difference).
    Anyway any suggestions etc would be welcomed here please

no divorce in Philippines, Im sure your wife knows that and annulment takes years. 140K is cheaper to what I know 200K - 300K is the amount that my friends lawyer asked for a quick process but still took 1 year. or she knows somebody in NSO to delete the record from the system is much cheaper and faster. Goodluck to both of you. Talk to a good lawyer.

hello deejay! i've encountered this kind of situation in the place i used to work. the lady filed for a divorce in uk and her husband was able to receive the papers. unfortunately, in the philippine laws, they are still married. as what theresa mentioned NO DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES. i suggest that she consult this with a lawyer.

Banned
    Well, she can't file divorce because they are both filipino citizen, not unless if is she got a foreign nationality then divorce is valid. So, she can't file divorce. All she needs to do is to file an annulment back in Phils, but of course it will take time and she have to pay the price.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    no divorce in Philippines, Im sure your wife knows that and annulment takes years. 140K is cheaper to what I know 200K - 300K is the amount that my friends lawyer asked for a quick process but still took 1 year. or she knows somebody in NSO to delete the record from the system is much cheaper and faster. Goodluck to both of you. Talk to a good lawyer.
    Rio did say that it would be possible to do this , knowin someone at NSO who charges 50k . but i was worried if the person would hounor such an agreement or if it would then be good enuff for the british embassy when they get the new info from NSO to be valid for singleness to remarry?

Rio, i've been through a legal proceeding...forget about divorce, what the guys said here were all right. There is no such thing as DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES. The marriage took place in Pasay? That's good news, you're on the right track but be aware that the cost is really expensive. Best thing to do is hire a good laywer and have the full amount ready anytime. Mine took just 5months, it was done in the proper way, no hocus focus or anything. No under the table transactions. Be very careful when hiring a lawyer, hire the best possible one in town. Goodluck!
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    Mine took just 5months, it was done in the proper way, no hocus focus or anything. No under the table transactions. Be very careful when hiring a lawyer, hire the best possible one in town. Goodluck!

So misis Graciang, you can recommend your lawyer to deejay
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    Rio, i've been through a legal proceeding...forget about divorce, what the guys said here were all right. There is no such thing as DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES. The marriage took place in Pasay? That's good news, you're on the right track but be aware that the cost is really expensive. Best thing to do is hire a good laywer and have the full amount ready anytime. Mine took just 5months, it was done in the proper way, no hocus focus or anything. No under the table transactions. Be very careful when hiring a lawyer, hire the best possible one in town. Goodluck!
    sounds promising , may i ask how much it cost you and the name of the lawyer ?

Thread Information